IGNORED

Forgiveness

~Shalhevet~

Guest LadyC

repentance (turning away from sin) and asking forgiveness (those two are often used interchangeably) is between God and the sinner.... scripture doesn't give any indication that God will not forgive someone for failing to go say "i'm sorry" to another person. but scripture DOES say that we MUST forgive others in order to BE forgiven by God.

are you absolutely sure that this person you're having trouble forgiving even knows they have offended you? scripture also tells us we are to go to our brother if he has offended us. sometimes people are just totally clueless when they've stepped on someone else's feelings.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The point is it benefitted me. The rest is to the Father.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Are we to forgive people who aren't sorry for what they've done?

Does this have to do with your recent post about going through the storm?

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index...t&p=1564683

If it is the same situation, perhaps you are being tested again - we are to forgive others, it only hurts us more if we don't forgive others - even if they don't apologize. As Lady C said - could they be aware that they hurt you?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

I do volunteer work with people who have been hurt very bad by people in their past. If you mention forgiveness to them the first thing they say is "why should I forgive them as they aren't sorry for what they did." They refuse to forgive and you can see the anger and bitterness residing in them toward those that hurt them. The sad part is that you can see it destroying their lives but they can't see that and refuse to let go of the unforgiveness, anger and bitterness. They start to hurt people so people don't hurt them. All you see in their lives is a continuing cycle of revenge, anger and bitterness. In most cases they can't get revenge on the ones that hurt them so they take it out on others thereby hurting others.

Jesus said: Mat 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Mat 6:15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. If you mention how God has forgiven them they can't accept it. If we can't forgive then how can we accept forgiveness offered to us? Most of the people I help can't forgive those who hurt them and they can't accept forgiveness from God. They really can't see how God can forgive them so therefore they can't accept forgiveness from God. They can't see they need forgiveness too - I get told a lot that "I didn't do anything wrong so I don't need forgiveness." They can't see that the need for revenge is wrong and the need to hold on to the anger and bitterness is wrong to. They can't see that forgiveness is, mainly, to help us to let go of the need for revenge and the bitterness and anger in us that would destroy us and so we can walk in the love of God toward others and toward God.

Edited by Nyoka

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Are we to forgive people who aren't sorry for what they've done?

Yes we must forgive those that do us wrong, but we don't have to condone what they did to us.

example: If somebody stolen something from me, I would forgive them, but they must still pay the consequences for there actions by law. Does this make sense?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

No, the storm had nothing to do with it. This person is now dying from cancer - I am glad I told her that I was sorry a few years ago. As I said the forgiveness (both ways ) benefits me and I shall but ask God to ease her pain, free from the thought of what I could've, would've, should've if I had but the time.

Guest LadyC

i am so confused. the question about the storm was addressed to or'el. littlelamb, are you and or'el the same person? :thumbsup: or did i miss something somewhere?

i am so confused. the question about the storm was addressed to or'el. littlelamb, are you and or'el the same person? :thumbsup: or did i miss something somewhere?

I am doubly confused.... :whistling::laugh: I read back through this thread and I feel like maybe something got dropped... :whistling:

I am doubly confused.... :whistling::laugh: I read back through this thread and I feel like maybe something got dropped... :whistling:

...or kicked?

drop kicked? through the goalposts of life???? :laugh:

I am doubly confused.... :laugh: :laugh: I read back through this thread and I feel like maybe something got dropped... :whistling:

...or kicked?

drop kicked? through the goalposts of life???? :laugh:

not sure it made it quite that far! somebody may have gotten a hand on it for a partial block?

:laugh:

:whistling: