MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

There are places which are pleasent whilst others to avoid. Others are inexplicable to us.

Blessings

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.ncshg.org/museum.htm

This is one of my fave places. Granted its in my area but its the most interesting little cozy place. A person could wander in here for hours and still not see everything. Its nestled on the banks of the Muskegon River in the city of Newaygo.....lots of history there :blink:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Haven't been to any of these place..weird or not

But thanks for an instant vacation!!

This is further proof that a person could spend a lifetime touring the U.S. and never get to all the fantastic places there are to go. :cool: Of course, I'm sure that other countries can make the same claim. I know, for sure, that the U.K. has some of the greatest places on earth to visit. Stonehenge, anyone?

:39::39::39: LOTS of controvercy over stonehendge ....most people appear to think it was a place for druid worship and sacrifice however since there is no proof of any sacrifice taking place there ( and there are usually signs and remains etc in such places ) along with the fact that druids actually worshipped under oak trees and NOT on treeless plains " scientists " turned to other explanations including it being a giant calander :blink:

It is true that the sun shines only through some of the stones at certain times of the year ( this coming weekend will be a " festival" for the summer solstice ie an excuse to have a party and act all weird ) but since the earth has changed its tilt ( I cant explain you will have to ask Nebs ) since it was supposed to have been built then the whole thing would be out of alignment now if that was also true .

When you add the fact that the stones were quaried hundreds of miles away and transported at a time when there was no mechanical transportation as we know it it diesnt make a lot of sense to have a calander that so few people would be able to use being built by so many :noidea:

There is nothing remarkable about Sailsbury plain other than these stones so my guess is that it was built by the English tourist board about 600 years ago to try and drum up custom :whistling::whistling::whistling:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Haven't been to any of these place..weird or not

But thanks for an instant vacation!!

This is further proof that a person could spend a lifetime touring the U.S. and never get to all the fantastic places there are to go. :cool: Of course, I'm sure that other countries can make the same claim. I know, for sure, that the U.K. has some of the greatest places on earth to visit. Stonehenge, anyone?

:39::39::39: LOTS of controvercy over stonehendge ....most people appear to think it was a place for druid worship and sacrifice however since there is no proof of any sacrifice taking place there ( and there are usually signs and remains etc in such places ) along with the fact that druids actually worshipped under oak trees and NOT on treeless plains " scientists " turned to other explanations including it being a giant calander :blink:

It is true that the sun shines only through some of the stones at certain times of the year ( this coming weekend will be a " festival" for the summer solstice ie an excuse to have a party and act all weird ) but since the earth has changed its tilt ( I cant explain you will have to ask Nebs ) since it was supposed to have been built then the whole thing would be out of alignment now if that was also true .

When you add the fact that the stones were quaried hundreds of miles away and transported at a time when there was no mechanical transportation as we know it it diesnt make a lot of sense to have a calander that so few people would be able to use being built by so many :noidea:

There is nothing remarkable about Sailsbury plain other than these stones so my guess is that it was built by the English tourist board about 600 years ago to try and drum up custom :whistling::whistling::whistling:

England had a tourist board 600 years ago????? :P

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/23/1977

For all our friends in other countries who have never visited the U.S. (and our own citizens who have not heard of these strange places).....btw, I have been to the Oregon Vortex and everything put forth in the article is absolutely true. I left there completely mystified..... :whistling: (of course, I look like this :whistling::whistling: a lot......even when not visiting such a place!) I'd be interested to know if any of the rest of you, in any country, have ever visited any of these places.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-34692178

I havenot been to any of those places, but I have been to http://www.mysteryspot.com/parking.shtml this place is crazy cool. you think you are standing up straight, but you are not lol

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Anyone in TX seen those lights?

The Marfa lights -

Yes, I've seen them.

I laugh at people who have not seen them who swear they are headlights. The road is on the other side of the hills (by hills, they are shaped and extended like mountains, but the height of high hills) for one thing. And you can see car headlights in the distance before passing behind the hills. The appearance is nothing similar.

What weird is how the lots appear and disappear, sometimes they fade, sometimes they just blip out. Some people see moving lights apparently; I didn't see those.

What I wonder is if anyone's journeyed to where the light seem to be appearing and try to find them. If not, why not? It's all ranch land over there; they can ride their horses.

Anyone in TX seen those lights?

The Marfa lights -

Yes, I've seen them.

I laugh at people who have not seen them who swear they are headlights. The road is on the other side of the hills (by hills, they are shaped and extended like mountains, but the height of high hills) for one thing. And you can see car headlights in the distance before passing behind the hills. The appearance is nothing similar.

What weird is how the lots appear and disappear, sometimes they fade, sometimes they just blip out. Some people see moving lights apparently; I didn't see those.

What I wonder is if anyone's journeyed to where the light seem to be appearing and try to find them. If not, why not? It's all ranch land over there; they can ride their horses.

I would like to see that myself....even though I live in Texas, I had never heard of them before. :rolleyes:

I would like to see that myself....even though I live in Texas, I had never heard of them before. :emot-handshake:

That's probably because you live on the other side of the state!

Here's a map

If you would like to plan a vacation out there, Marfa is about 1+ hour drive from Big Bend NP.

The McDonald Observatory is also in the local.

Just outside of Big Bend is the Stillwell Ranch

Lots of other neat things to do while there.

(I spent 6 months working in Big Bend NP almost 2 decades ago.)

I would like to see that myself....even though I live in Texas, I had never heard of them before. :wub:

That's probably because you live on the other side of the state!

Here's a map

If you would like to plan a vacation out there, Marfa is about 1+ hour drive from Big Bend NP.

The McDonald Observatory is also in the local.

Just outside of Big Bend is the Stillwell Ranch

Lots of other neat things to do while there.

(I spent 6 months working in Big Bend NP almost 2 decades ago.)

Well.....no wonder! That's about 500 miles from me. I'm going to go there on my next week or so off if at all possible. I want to see everything and do everything before I get too old to move around. :emot-handshake:

It's a neat area!

Let me know if you want me to send you some other recommendations.

You may not be able to see it all (like I said, I was there for 6 months), but at least you can make yourself a better informed decision on what to plan out.