IGNORED

How do you feel about being watched in worship?

~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm odd :noidea: .

:thumbsup:

:wub:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I go where the Spirit takes me.

Sometimes it feels like He is not there (but thats just me at the time I guess), other times I have tears running down my face.

Other times I raise my hands and bop! I have also just fallen to my knees and prayed in the commotion around me.

But sometimes I like to find a big tree out there and just talk to Jesus, I mean talk, not pray, just hold a conversation...

This in my opinion is the truest form of faith when we talk vocally to Him. With most faith a physical response occurs. I sense appreciation from Him that I speak out; for I know He hears intuitively. I even do it sometimes around people- if they ask what, I just say I was speaking to the Lord. I believe that He is watching me and examining my heart in all of my waking hours so I let Him know I believe this by speaking to Him audibly. I know this probably makes me seem weird to some of you but that is ok I am doing unto Him! He is (Lord) my friend and who doesn't want to talk with their friend; especially when He is God who made everything even me? Love Steven

I don't think it is weird talking verbally to God, I have done it myself and I should do it more often. I have heard the best way to pray is to talk to God like you would any conversation.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I don't mine it at all. There are many reasons that the person (people) maybe drawn to watch. Perhaps it a visitor or new member who is seeking the type of praise or worship you are ministering through the Spirit. Maybe you are close to some one in church and they know you are going through a tough time in your life and as they watch you praise and worship, is asking God to do a break through for you and in return God touches them...maybe your life reflect Christ in such away that others wants to have that divine connection of worship that you are clothed in as you seek Him the more.

I have come to a place that the Holy Spirit has many ways in which He works. A few is inspiration, motivation and revelation. But most of all I have come to know Him as the Spirit of order and brings the body in one accord. Therefore I can praise and worship in a church that does not do the hand clapping, dancing, shouting etc, as well as get right in with the church that does, I do not miss a beat of lifting Him up.

Personally, I feel each of us thats drawn to our churches, relied on the Holy Spirit to guide us in making the right choice that God knew would be best for us. Its easy for me to be watched during worship, its once I leave that cocoon and try to get out of a pack parking lot that I'm worried about ....lol :noidea:

2J :yadda:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I don't mine it at all. There are many reasons that the person (people) maybe drawn to watch. Perhaps it a visitor or new member who is seeking the type of praise or worship you are ministering through the Spirit. Maybe you are close to some one in church and they know you are going through a tough time in your life and as they watch you praise and worship, is asking God to do a break through for you and in return God touches them...maybe your life reflect Christ in such away that others wants to have that divine connection of worship that you are clothed in as you seek Him the more.

I have come to a place that the Holy Spirit has many ways in which He works. A few is inspiration, motivation and revelation. But most of all I have come to know Him as the Spirit of order and brings the body in one accord. Therefore I can praise and worship in a church that does not do the hand clapping, dancing, shouting etc, as well as get right in with the church that does, I do not miss a beat of lifting Him up.

Personally, I feel each of us thats drawn to our churches, relied on the Holy Spirit to guide us in making the right choice that God knew would be best for us. Its easy for me to be watched during worship, its once I leave that cocoon and try to get out of a pack parking lot that I'm worried about ....lol :b:

2J :noidea:

Yes I guess we could say the lord works in many ways, if we were all robots or alike the lord wouldn't have to work in many ways. Then if we were all alike, I would guess to say our lord would be bored. :yadda:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It is in the character of each one of us for the reaction and each of one of us does it different. It is what do inside that matters.

Blessings

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Personally, I feel each of us thats drawn to our churches, relied on the Holy Spirit to guide us in making the right choice that God knew would be best for us. Its easy for me to be watched during worship, its once I leave that cocoon and try to get out of a pack parking lot that I'm worried about ....lol :24:

2J :b:

Good word, 2J :noidea: .

There are good reasons why people watch others in worship.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable though :yadda: .

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I still feel a bit uncomfortable though :emot-pray: .

I don't like being watched either.

But I still want to be free in worship.

So, every time I have to choose between letting my uncomfortableness get in the way of my worship, or pushing down that feeling and just let myself go the God.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have stopped singing mid song many a time because my voice has broken and tears are running.I tend to keep my eyes closed when this happens but after the song finishes and we sit the pastor seemed to be looking at me every time.(with a smile).

I would love if someone could teach me how to continue singing when emotionally overwhelmed. [/quote[

You don't. Let your overflow of emotion be your song.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1977

Personally, when I worship, it is to worship God and not to be seen by others.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

When we are worshiping with our whole heart, mind and spirit, we wouldn't really notice what's happening around us.

Fez and I had an interesting discussion about this once. Who is to know if one is really worshiping from the heart? Only God sees that.

As for me, I realized that when I feel awkward or feel conscious to raise my hand in worship, it's because I am focusing on myself and not on the Lord.

When it comes to worship, I always try to remember how King David worshiped the Lord when they were bringing the ark of God (read 2 Samuel 6). When his wife Michal called his attention about how he had distinguished himself in what she considered a vulgar way, he replied,