IGNORED

How do you feel about being watched in worship?

~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I guess the title says it all.

Do you watch others? If so, why?

How do you feel if you sense someone watching you [in worship]?

I love corporate worship but I feel awkward being watched. I like going to that intimate place with the Lord ... and I like to protect / guard that.

But when I am witnessing... it's like that part of me wants to burst out and reveal itself to the unsaved.

I'm odd :whistling: .

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Truthfully, I've never noticed anyone watching me. Why would someone do that? :whistling:

When I was a brand new believer, I would do it... I wanted to know what this personal praise thing was about.

I don't do it now, too busy in my own praise, LOL.

But some do, and not always for bad reasons... someone explained the encouragement that it gave by seeing others worship.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I tend to watch people in worship sometimes. But that depends on the situation. Sometimes I look up and see someone worshiping with there whole heart and I watch them for a second or two and smile. When I was in YWAM I would sometimes watch the people with hugely different backgrounds worship and it was amazing we had come together and it was rather humerus to watch I admit. A very mild manned Mennonite, standing next to a wild crazy charismatic, was interesting to say the least! Also I have the habit of watching worship a lot as being a youth leader I often have to monitor what goes on and make sure no one is being a distraction, or trying to sneak out etc... thats probably where I get the habit from!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I know what you're talking about. I was to a few charismatic churches and loved the energy but found that everything going on around me was very distracting. Not that it's wrong to praise with our hands and dance, but it just wasn't for me. :whistling: I prefer a more quiet setting in my church.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I love corporate worship but I feel awkward being watched. I like going to that intimate place with the Lord ... and I like to protect / guard that.

But when I am witnessing... it's like that part of me wants to burst out and reveal itself to the unsaved.

My Pastor alway's say's that when your praying or worshipping corporately. That if the person next to you is loud that you should just pray louder. :whistling: That if your self conscious about worshipping that you should just close your eyes then no one can see you. :whistling::noidea:

My Pastor alway's say's that when your praying or worshipping corporately. That if the person next to you is loud that you should just pray louder. :whistling: That if your self conscious about worshipping that you should just close your eyes then no one can see you. :whistling::noidea:

:blink:

I think it's just people's giftings come through.

I am NOT!!!! a worship leader, but I do have a heart for evangelism.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I am not a worship leader, I make a joyful noise and the windows break!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I'm odd :cool: .

My Pastor alway's say's that when your praying or worshipping corporately. That if the person next to you is loud that you should just pray louder. :noidea: That if your self conscious about worshipping that you should just close your eyes then no one can see you. :whistling::39:

:39:

I think it's just people's giftings come through.

I am NOT!!!! a worship leader, but I do have a heart for evangelism.

You are though because the gifting and the calling are without repentance. you have the Spirit of God within you and you have whatever you need whenever you need it of all His Good gifts. :whistling: That's the way I see it and I ain't changing my story.

I understand though. I have this booming voice and can project myself when needed. I like to sing from way down deep and to project whatever it is God is putting into me in the way of worship. It used to bother my wife because she said I'm louder sometimes than even the folks on the worship team through the speakers. I told her to just sing louder. :39::blink: She's gotten over it now and is often want to belt out some worship herself. :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Andy -

I'm a teacher and a worshiper.

I'm a lousy evangelist!

Just a note about worship - it is both private and corporate.

I mean, the Bride of Christ is a corporate body. We all work and move together as one.

Yes, it does bless me to watch people pouring out their love to the Lord.

It also helps me to not feel so awkward with my own worship knowing that others are doing the same.

Ever been to a worship service where the people competed to see who can become the most undignified before the Lord? (Ref. David's words to Michal.)

I haven't, but the thought of it is amusing.

I have been to worship services, though, where they celebrated being undignified before the Lord (for a song or two).