MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'm not sure if everyone has taken leave of their senses in this country but how...HOW....could a general in charge of a war be this stupid? I don't care if he disagrees with policy or what he thinks.....this just isn't done. A military man does not behave in this way...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/21...n-war-strategy/

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

He's not stupid. :wub: It sounds like he's angling for a White House run. It's called positioning.

Due to his kind words in favor of Hillary Clinton I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been asked to take these positions for her upcoming run and has been promised a Vice Presidency or some other serious slot. :thumbsup:

Obama is clearly toast. :thumbsup:

Stating that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about, in so many words, is clearly a brilliant analysis. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I respect this General, but no matter how much I agree or disagree with the current adminsitration, I feel he stepped out of bounds with this one. During deployments, we are actually given pre-deployment classes in dealing with the press. In those classes, we are taught some of the basic tricks that are used to entrap you into saying something they can use against the war effort. You don't see it in the news anymore since Obama took office and the reigns of these wars, but during the Bush administration the anti-war sentiment was truly unbearable.

So, in these classes, we are taught how to answer in general terms, not to talk about anything controversial, and how to watch for the traps of multi-faceted questions designed to trip you up. Why do they do this? So you don't cause an international incident through an anti-war leaning article with your words coloring the piece.

It seems Gen McChrystal either forgot his training or missed that class somehow. Now he's on a plane to Washington practicing how to properly grovel to the President, all because he broke the golden rule: Never trust the press.

t.

I respect this General, but no matter how much I agree or disagree with the current adminsitration, I feel he stepped out of bounds with this one. During deployments, we are actually given pre-deployment classes in dealing with the press. In those classes, we are taught some of the basic tricks that are used to entrap you into saying something they can use against the war effort. You don't see it in the news anymore since Obama took office and the reigns of these wars, but during the Bush administration the anti-war sentiment was truly unbearable.

So, in these classes, we are taught how to answer in general terms, not to talk about anything controversial, and how to watch for the traps of multi-faceted questions designed to trip you up. Why do they do this? So you don't cause an international incident through an anti-war leaning article with your words coloring the piece.

It seems Gen McChrystal either forgot his training or missed that class somehow. Now he's on a plane to Washington practicing how to properly grovel to the President, all because he broke the golden rule: Never trust the press.

t.

Right. I respect him too but I just keep thinking 'what the heck?' How could he do this? Regardless of a military man's personal feelings (especially a general leading a war) they have to be tight lipped until they're out of that position. I just don't get it.

He's not stupid. :wub: It sounds like he's angling for a White House run. It's called positioning.

Due to his kind words in favor of Hillary Clinton I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been asked to take these positions for her upcoming run and has been promised a Vice Presidency or some other serious slot. :thumbsup:

Obama is clearly toast. :thumbsup:

Stating that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about, in so many words, is clearly a brilliant analysis. :emot-handshake:

You may be right about political aspirations but, honestly, he showed about as much judgment as a turnip here. What war time general starts running while he's on the battlefield???

I knew it would be reported on around the world. This is awful.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

From the comments section of the article:

EMPEROR OBAMA GIVES THE GENERAL A "THUMBS-DOWN"

First, the Afgan strategy to only "defend" is a loser militarily, no matter who ordered it, be it a civilian or be it a military officer. There simply is no way to win a war or conflict by only playing defense. It only buys some time before you get your buttt kicked (out).

Afganistan is President Obama's Vietnam. We will lose. General McCrystal will soon be relieved of his command after the office meeting with the "boss" is over. He crossed the line and is history. Unfortunately, President Obama needs some P.R. victories (kick asss). Unlike the corrupt emperor Comitus in the movie Gladiator, President Obama is not likely to be "Obama the Merciful" and give General McCrystal a "thumbs-up".

The matter at hand is respect, orders, and the inevitable "personality conflicts" that can develop between the Executive Branch and the Generals in Command. The first military/presidential showdown was during the Korean War and between General Douglas McCarther and President Harry Truman. President Truman fired General McCarther. End of story. OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE, THEY JUST FADE AWAY

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...ttoWhatsNewsTop

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

He's not stupid. :rolleyes: It sounds like he's angling for a White House run. It's called positioning.

Due to his kind words in favor of Hillary Clinton I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been asked to take these positions for her upcoming run and has been promised a Vice Presidency or some other serious slot. :noidea:

Obama is clearly toast. :taped:

Stating that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about, in so many words, is clearly a brilliant analysis. :laugh:

You may be right about political aspirations but, honestly, he showed about as much judgment as a turnip here. What war time general starts running while he's on the battlefield???

It is a political move because in one way or the other the war is not popular. It has also to do that there is frustration that soldiers are there on their own, fighting for something they do not know why. However it could be a reason to leave the post as the surge, which he claimed was necessary, did not work.

Blessings

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

He's not stupid. :rolleyes: It sounds like he's angling for a White House run. It's called positioning.

Due to his kind words in favor of Hillary Clinton I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been asked to take these positions for her upcoming run and has been promised a Vice Presidency or some other serious slot. :noidea:

Obama is clearly toast. :taped:

Stating that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about, in so many words, is clearly a brilliant analysis. :laugh:

It is a political move because in one way or the other the war is not popular. It has also to do that there is frustration that soldiers are there on their own, fighting for something they do not know why. However it could be a reason to leave the post as the surge, which he claimed was necessary, did not work.

Blessings

Amen bro. :24:

If your ignorant boss is about to committ harakiri why on earth would you want to be around? Especially when your an intelligent military officer who's learned the lessons of the past.

It's definately some kind of positioning. No one is that silly. He knew the ramifications of his words on public record. He's the head of the NATO forces there and has been for some time.

I'm kinda thinking he wants to be on record opposing this dumb Vietnam War type idea.

I'm almost certain that all of this ignorance in the War effort are Joe Biden's idea's. It's like he's Obama's deferred position. However, he has been saying silly things about all the conflicts we've been involved in since way back in the 80's. He's also been 100% wrong on all of them and on the totally wrong side of winning. Including the Cold War which Reagan won while he preffered detente and appeasment. :24:

peace,

dave