~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

OK Shiloh - so what do you see as the significance of there being no sea on the new earth?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
OK Shiloh - so what do you see as the significance of there being no sea on the new earth?

That's my point; I don't see that any signifigance, at least from a theological standpoint, is given. It is simply presented as fact. I guess that means there won't be rivers or other tributaries as there would be nothing for them them flow into.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:th_praying: Land, sea, earth, beasts, multitudes. I go with Shiloh's statement, not to read too much into any of it. I have tried and driven myself mad in the process.

He is coming, on a white horse? With the sword? Clothed in brilliant white?

I just console myself with the fact that He is coming, and don't really worry about the rest of Revelation.......

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

:th_praying: Land, sea, earth, beasts, multitudes. I go with Shiloh's statement, not to read too much into any of it. I have tried and driven myself mad in the process.

He is coming, on a white horse? With the sword? Clothed in brilliant white?

I just console myself with the fact that He is coming, and don't really worry about the rest of Revelation.......

I agree!...

oh and Andy you have a way of making my mind overheat and melt!

I agree with the sentiment not to read into things that aren't there, but to reach understanding on a passage requires study, doesn't it? That's all that is happening here. There IS that analogy that runs throughout scripture about land / sea, believers / non believers.. :th_praying: . And I don't know how comfortable I am with being told there is no sea, but for no reason?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I agree with the sentiment not to read into things that aren't there, but to reach understanding on a passage requires study, doesn't it? That's all that is happening here. There IS that analogy that runs throughout scripture about land / sea, believers / non believers.. :th_praying: . And I don't know how comfortable I am with being told there is no sea, but for no reason?

Maybe removing seas and oceans removes the barriers between the people that are left? I'm assuming the population of the earth will be a small fraction of what it is now.

OK let me add some more...

Rev 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Rev 22:2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Rev 22:3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.

Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Rev 22:5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

There is a river (the river of the water of life, v1) in the new earth. There is also no more night.

Luk 21:25 "And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves,

Luk 21:26 people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Jud 1:12 These are hidden reefs at your love feasts, as they feast with you without fear, shepherds feeding themselves; waterless clouds, swept along by winds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, uprooted;

Jud 1:13 wild waves of the sea, casting up the foam of their own shame; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved forever.

There is a reason.

Revelation 21

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

Remember what the sea represents?

Daniel 7

2 Daniel spoke, saying,

I am liable to agree with you here man :th_praying: .

• Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know what's in story for us, but I trust the Lord! I can't wait!

As far as water - He used an awful lot of it in this physical creation to simply discard it completely. Thinking we're all "seeds" and will have a different form then, I wonder what shape and appearance water will become? i can only imagine..................... :th_praying:

BTW - I agree with man.