senerhu

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I enjoy doing a variety of things. Cooking, sewing, reading, writing, and when I get a day to do just plain ol' nothing...the afternoon nap is at the top of the list :sleep:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

I like to metal detect,coin collect,antiques,collecting old newspapers with historical headlines,collect baseball cards,writing poems,photography,I used to paint picts

the question is.....what dont I do :)

I have had to value things for TV shows...and have done an 'Antiques Roadshow' for charity several times. Maybe we should ask for another Forum all about antiques and interesting finds.  My favourite place for rooting around is in the Kidron Valley below the Temple Mount in Jerusalem where I have found many items going back three thousand years..earlier this year I found some Herodian oil lamp fragments, a Byzantine copper ring and pieces of Roman glass.  :)

WOW.I would love to metal detect there :il:

Aside from some of the antique newspapers I kept for my "collection", I guess the oldest things I have would be some mid to late 1800's books, and the Civil War belt buckle. I have had one paper from the 1790's (bought it for my dad), and have some from like 1803, the War of 1812, and a few from the Civil War - although, I believe I sold most of those.

Edited to add, that old cabinet. It's from the 1800's also, and I don't even know what it was made for. Looks like an old doctor's medicin cabinet to me.?

I have found a few civil war relics metal detecting(a u.s sword belt plate,an eagle breast plate,a confederate infantry button,a union cuff button)What type of buckle do you have?

Guest Calamity

It's a Union officers belt buckle. The old man that gave it to my dad (he had no family), said his brother or someone in his family (maybe uncle), had taken it off of a captured Union officer in the C.W.

beltbuckle.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I like to metal detect,coin collect,antiques,collecting old newspapers with historical headlines,collect baseball cards,writing poems,photography,I used to paint picts

the question is.....what dont I do :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1982

I'm a graduate student which eats up a lot of time. :) Gotta love God's humor somedays. A side from that, I enjoy being outside and playing French horn.

Amy

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

My hobby is food... even though i eat alot of it it don't show so don't let my skinny body deceive you. Food is my hobby!!!! woohoo F-O-O-D! LOL

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/20/1982

I love coins! I had to sell off my collection several years ago, but I still like check 'em out. I like morgan and peace dollars, and old gold. You?

Mostly US coins, I really like the hard times tokens myself. But I have been gettin more into acient currency recently, and think Im gonna go that way. Its really neat how politics, wars, culture, etc affect currency.

In Christ

Truseek

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I also get hold of coins all the time especially victorian British coins.

In my hand right now I have...

An Edward 4th groat...approx 1469...a Henry 6th half groat..and an Edward the 4th Shilling.

I do not metal-detect in the Kidron Valley...it is strictly eyes only...and the help of the sun glinting on metal and glass. I have a friend who finds coins on the beaches of Turkey that are several thousand years old...just by watching the gentle waves roll them over as the tide comes in...again it helps with the sun at your back and then to get down low and just watch. I daresay in the States you could do this on beaches after the crowds have left if you don't have a detector...but if you understand the tides and the winds you will go out after a storm to that section of the beach that has been scoured down to the bed-rock....one man I know did this after a storm and found 4,000 items including coins and Jewellery during a 3 week period...all from one beach and all using eyes only!