turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:noidea: I thought that it might be nice if we shared with one another what significance this day has to us.

To me, it is a time of reflection. I think back to the Puritans and Pilgrims who bravely decided that the Church of England had no right to dictate to them on how to worship the Lord. It took devotion to Him to leave the familiarity of their homeland and set out on the ocean into the vast unknown. They risked illness, freezing, starving and death. These are the Christians who founded the U.S.A.

To me, the 4th of July is a time to be grateful to the Lord for our freedom of religion. We have been spared the martyrdom that so many of our dear brothers and sisters around the world have faced. Sadly, due to many Americans just taking this for granted, turning away from the Lord and loving wickedness...we could one day lose this priceless gift. I pray not. I think that Charles Stanley's call to humble ourselves, pray and repent for 140 days is an excellent idea and desperately needed.

To me and all those of us who are Christians, the truest freedom of all is that which came to us when we exchanged our lost condition for His Righteousness. That's when chains of bondage to sin were broken and the freedom only Christ can give came to us. "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I couldn't say it any better!!

HAPPY FOURTH... TT!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I like your post, but the 4th of July means to me that it is the 4th day in July. Now if you ask me what Independence Day means to me, well it means freedom from an oppressive Government, Liberty, the right to worship our Father in Heaven without worry of being harassed by government, the right to reach for our dreams no matter how big or small they may be.

This country has made some very big steps the past 234 years and yes we have stumbled quite often. When we stumbled we always managed to pick ourselves back up, brush ourselves off and move on.

The state our country is in right now, one could say we have stumbled over a boulder. Satan has thrown this country into a tailspin, but I truly believe if all Christian people pray for this country and do their part as Christian/citizens, "WE CAN" turn this country that we invested our blood, sweat and tears in, back on the path of righteousness, so as a Christian Nation we can better serve the lord and do his will.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Good thread TT!! Our family celebrates the 4th just like most of the country with BBQ's and fireworks. We have the blessings of living in a country where we can do that - where we can stand up and complain about our government, or vote against what we abhor. So - we gather so we can spend some quality time together, making memories for our children and grandchildren. We hope to never take these things for granted.

Again - nice thread. :noidea:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Good thread. :emot-highfive:

It has reminded me of Liberty and in particular the Liberty that we have here. That Liberty Declared was based on the Liberty that we have in Christ Jesus and there are many parallels to it in the writings of the men who founded this Nation. :noidea:

It has reminded me that Liberty is fleeting if we lose focus and that Tyranny is a merely, a slip betwixt the cup and the lip, away.

It has reminded me how precious this Nation is and how fleeting it really is when we lose sight of our God. We have become a Nation who is Humanistically focused and fearful of man rather than God focused and fearful of the Lord.

Ps

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Perhaps not. But it is a beginning. Many here respect Charles Stanley. Few modern preachers were taking the spiritual condition of our country serious enough to speak out about it. And he had the courage to step up to the plate. One of the members here was kind enough to share his article with us all. The '140 days' was his idea, not mine. And nothing says we have to stop going at 140. In fact, I'm sure Charles Stanley would agree with that.

To those of you were gracious in saying this was a good thread, God bless you for your kindness. I am glad that I was able to contribute something positive. :help: