• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"God can appear in forms we can see, but God Himself has no form"

thank you!

so I guess I miss spoke he has choosen manifestations!!!. and maybe even a favorite one which we are likened after. so we are created in one of his chosen" :P manifestations!

you are playing silly word games. :rolleyes:

He calls himself by the term Elohyim it means EL's and that is ok for us to call him by that name which represents him's. fire would fall from the sky if we started calling him Baal's.

We have only eyes of the temporal. we can not see spiritual ANYTHING "spiritual" ANYTHING not of mudd and clay.

even if He has/had/ or will have a form we would never see it with these eyes. only in his chosen form can we see what he wants us to see!

if we have eyes of the spiritual and eternal

we do not know if those kinds of eyes could see something or not, because it does not tell us what we will or will not see when we look at him.. :thumbsup:

no I will not playing this game!

I humbly bow to your knowledge of language! very nice!

but I won't ever let you get by with these huge assumptions that there is just not enough information about to make a call. we only see through a glass lightly and you want to make a final judgment about stuff you can not know with these fallen eyes and this limited packaging and our de- evolving humanity. :thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357
thank you!

so I guess I miss spoke he has choosen manifestations!!!. and maybe even a favorite one which we are likened after. so we are created in one of his chosen" manifestations!

you are playing silly word games.

I am not playing word games. YOU are expressing views about God that are not biblical. God has no "chosen manifestations." God has appeared in human form, but it does not follow that God has a chosen manifestation. We are created in God's image in that we do share communicible attributes with God. Our physical form is not representative of God, as God has no form.

He calls himself by the term Elohyim it means EL's and that is ok for us to call him by that name which represents him's. fire would fall from the sky if we started calling him Baal's.
God, nowhere in Scriputre calls Himself "Elohim." God's Name, his ONLY Name is YHVH. Elohim describes what God is, not WHO He is. Sorry, but you really don't know how Hebrew works and coupled with your unbiblical claims, it really shows that you are operating from nothing more than what you are willing to believe, and not from Scripture clearly states.

We have only eyes of the temporal. we can not see spiritual ANYTHING "spiritual" ANYTHING not of mudd and clay.

even if He has/had/ or will have a form we would never see it with these eyes. only in his chosen form can we see what he wants us to see!

Which only shows why it is wrong for you to make claims based on what you cannot see and cannot konw.

no I will not playing this game!
What game

I humbly bow to your knowledge of language! very nice!

but I won't ever let you get by with these huge assumptions that there is just not enough information about to make a call.

It is not a huge assumption on my part at all. The Bible does not assign an image or form to God; for you to insist that God has a form and to make the unbiblical claim that we are made in His "chosen manifestation" only demonstrates that it is YOU making assumptions, not me.

we only see through a glass lightly and you want to make a final judgment about stuff you can not know with these fallen eyes and this limited packaging and our de- evolving humanity.
I am not makig final judgments about anything. YOU are the one who was trying to claim we are made after one of God's "chosen manifestations and they are claims that cannot be supported by Scripture.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=face+to+face&t=KJV

not breath to breath? not cloud to cloud? not fire to fire?

all I am saying is you assume what spirit is and is not . and I don't .. I don't KNOW because the bible doesn't say what we will or will not see when we see him "face to face"!

:whistling:

Guest shiloh357
all I am saying is you assume what spirit is and is not . and I don't ..
I am not "assuming" anything. YOU are the one introducing unbiblical concepts into the discussion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Not exactly. The Trinity is not a "three-part being." God is ONE being, but three persons. He is not three parts.

I believe it to be the reverse of what you say. God is one person. The Father, Holy Spirit and Word together make up God not three people or gods. God created us in his image so God created us like himself. Are we three persons? No!

Furthermore, we have nothing in this earth that serves as a point of reference to this and that is why it is a mystery.

That is completely wrong!

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead

Paul says that the Godhead can be understood by God's creation. If you want to understand the Godhead look to his creation. Since we are made in the image and likeness of God we can look at how God created us.. It's no mystery as you say.

Man is trichotomy, not a trinity. Our spirit, soul and body are not three separate persons. They are three parts that comprise a single person and single being.

We are made in God's image just as he is? God is not three separate persons or gods either, he is one person.

The bible says that the fullness of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So that means Christ was all three in bodily form. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit at the same time.

One God, One Person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Not exactly. The Trinity is not a "three-part being." God is ONE being, but three persons. He is not three parts.

I believe it to be the reverse of what you say. God is one person. The Father, Holy Spirit and Word together make up God not three people or gods. God created us in his image so God created us like himself. Are we three persons? No!

Furthermore, we have nothing in this earth that serves as a point of reference to this and that is why it is a mystery.

That is completely wrong!

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead

Paul says that the Godhead can be understood by God's creation. If you want to understand the Godhead look to his creation. Since we are made in the image and likeness of God we can look at how God created us.. It's no mystery as you say.

Man is trichotomy, not a trinity. Our spirit, soul and body are not three separate persons. They are three parts that comprise a single person and single being.

We are made in God's image just as he is? God is not three separate persons or gods either, he is one person.

The bible says that the fullness of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So that means Christ was all three in bodily form. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit at the same time.

One God, One Person.

I think I'm agreeing with Shiloh, God is One, in 3 distinct Persons. The Father is not the Son, nor the Spirit the Father, they are each distinctive persons, but they are One.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 "Sh'ma, Yisra'el! ADONAI Eloheinu, ADONAI echad [Hear, Isra'el! ADONAI our God, ADONAI is one]; 5 and you are to love ADONAI your God with all your heart, all your being and all your resources. 6 These words, which I am ordering you today, are to be on your heart; 7 and you are to teach them carefully to your children. You are to talk about them when you sit at home, when you are traveling on the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them on your hand as a sign, put them at the front of a headband around your forehead, 9 and write them on the door-frames of your house and on your gates.

This verse refers to Yeshua being the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Yeshua Is God, and was with God.

John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing made had being. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not suppressed it.

Thomas calls Yeshua God,

John 20:28 T'oma answered him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Yeshua said to him, "Have you trusted because you have seen me? How blessed are those who do not see, but trust anyway

We are in the likeness of God, as in God created us in His image, but Yeshua IS the image of the invisible God, and Colossians clearly shows His dominion as part of the Godhead.

Colossians 1:15-18

15 He is the visible image of the invisible God. He is supreme over all creation, 16 because in connection with him were created all things - in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, lordships, rulers or authorities - they have all been created through him and for him. 17 He existed before all things, and he holds everything together. 18 Also he is head of the Body, the Messianic Community - he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might hold first place in everything. 19 For it pleased God to have his full being live in his Son 20 and through his Son to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace through him, through having his Son shed his blood by being executed on a stake.

Biblically they are distinctively different persons, yet are ONE. for example,

Here Yeshua says if You have known me, You would have known my Father, He claims the Father is in Him and He is in the Father, THis makes sense because He is the Image of His Father. But He never claims to literally be His Father, Yet He is One.

John 14:6-10

6 Yeshua said, "I AM the Way -- and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through me. 7 Because you have known me, you will also know my Father; from now on, you do know him -- in fact, you have seen him." 8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us." 9 Yeshua replied to him, "Have I been with you so long without your knowing me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father; so how can you say, `Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am united with the Father, and the Father united with me? What I am telling you, I am not saying on my own initiative; the Father living in me is doing his own works.

Now here Yeshua receives the Holy Spirit, Everywhere biblically it talks about the Holy Spirit, Though the Holy Spirit is God, it's a person. Yeshua received the Holy Spirit He never is called the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is distinctively separate.

Luke 3:21-23

21 While all the people were being immersed, Yeshua too was immersed. As he was praying, heaven was opened; 22 the Ruach HaKodesh came down on him in physical form like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, "You are my Son, whom I love; I am well pleased with you." 23 Yeshua was about thirty years old when he began his public ministry. It was supposed that he was a son of Yosef who was of Eli,

Same with John 14, Yeshua could have claimed that I come to You in Spirit, but He makes a distinction between the Father, the Son, and the Spirit.

John 14:25-29

25 "I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 "What I am leaving with you is shalom -- I am giving you my shalom. I don't give the way the world gives. Don't let yourselves be upset or frightened. 28 You heard me tell you, `I am leaving, and I will come back to you.' If you loved me, you would have been glad that I am going to the Father; because the Father is greater than I. 29 "Also, I have said it to you now, before it happens; so that when it does happen, you will trust.

Now lets look at the first 2 verses of the bible, Though God and His Spirit are one, This makes a distinction between the two.

Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water

Now why is this so important? Because We do not have access to the Father in the name of the Father, or the name of the Holy Spirit, We only are saved through the blood of His Son, Yeshua. Though these three persona's of God are ONE, they are distinctively different.

Now why is this so important? Because We do not have access to the Father in the name of the Father, or the name of the Holy Spirit, We only are saved through the blood of His Son, Yeshua. Though these three persona's of God are ONE, they are distinctively different.

Thats a misunderstanding of the scripture regarding the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Please read it again slowly.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Notice the word name is singular and not plural. They go by the same name. It's the name above all names by which men are saved.

I agree that God has three distinctive entities but so does man. (Spirit, Soul and Body), because we are created like God. Where we disagree is that each aspect of God is three persons rather than forming one person. To believe that God is three different people is the same as saying they are three different gods. Yet scripture plainly shows all three are the same person.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Thats a misunderstanding of the scripture regarding the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Please read it again slowly.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Notice the word name is singular and not plural. They go by the same name. It's the name above all names by which men are saved.

I agree that God has three distinctive entities but so does man. (Spirit, Soul and Body), because we are created like God. Where we disagree is that each aspect of God is three persons rather than forming one person. To believe that God is three differant people is off course.

I believe God is 3 different persons, "aspects" Which Spirit, soul, and body is a good description of it. not 3 different people. In Yeshua is all the fulness of the Godhead bodily, I am not denying that.

The reason I said this is because we have no access to the Father, except through Yeshua. We do not have access to the Father in the name of the Father.

The verse you quoted Says significantly baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit,

Name is singular, but it would be singular in many other senses, our God is one!, But it gives 3 distinctive names to baptize them in, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. so we are to baptize in those three names.

Name is singular, but it would be singular in many other senses, our God is one!, But it gives 3 distinctive names to baptize them in, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. so we are to baptize in those three names.

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

If Christ is a different person then the Father then why did Christ claim he was the Father.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The reason I said this is because we have no access to the Father, except through Yeshua. We do not have access to the Father in the name of the Father.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and henceforth you know Him and have seen Him. (John 14:6-7)

Here Jesus appears to be saying that He and the Father are two entirely separate beings when He says, no one comes to the Father except through Me." However, he implies the intrinsic union of Himself and the Father when He says, "Henceforth you know Him and have seen Him." How could the disciples "have seen" (past tense) if they had never seen the Father? This is the cause for Phillip's comment,

"Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father and it is sufficient for us." (v. 8)

Jesus' answer to Phillip was much higher than Phillip's thought. According to Phillip's thought the Father and Jesus were separate in the earthly sense. Yet in the spiritual sense Jesus answered him, "Have I been so long a time with you, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has aseen Me has seen the Father; how is it that you say, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am ain the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works." (vv. 9-10)

So Jesus, as the Son, is the embodiment of the Father. If you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father.

The verse you quoted Says significantly baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit,

Yes, but it says, "the name," not "a name," and not "in the names." This is an important distinction, because Jesus is the embodiment of the Father, and is also expressed as the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 3:17-18). Therefore, when a person is baptized into the name of the Triune God (Father, Son, and Spirit) he is placed into into Christ (Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27), who is the embodiment of the Triune God, and the head of the Body (1 Cor. 12:13) .

So whether a person announces, "We baptize you into the name of Jesus Christ," or whether he announces, "We baptize you into the Triune God (or, "father, Son and Spirit") is practically irrelevant. Jesus Christ is the embodiment, expression, and definition of the Triune God. When we are placed into Him we are placed into the Triune God.