• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

If it's true that having sex outside of marriage destroys you, am I an inferior person because I've been raped?

You didn't have sex outside of marriage. Rape is not sex. It is a violent act of a depraved individual, devoid of the love that is needed to have true sex. It's never the victim's fault. No matter what the circumstance!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I don't know if your Gay or not, but do you think that that will stop God from loving you. All sins are as bad as the next, being Gay is no worse sin as lying or stealing, Jesus died for them all, he died once for all. Now all we have to do is confess our sins to God and you and I will receive the forgiveness of sin.

If we confess and turn from our sin we are forgiven. There are many instances in scripture where God did punish His people because of their sin, even if delayed, because they did not truly repent and turn from their sin. Sorry to go off topic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

How can something like that not destroy me though? It's really confusing.

I have never been through such a thing but I agree that you are a victim and are not to blame. The Bible tells us to cast our cares on Him because He cares for us. I know what it is to have a broken heart and I think your heart has been broken. The answer is giving God all the pieces of your heart and allowing Him to heal you of this horrible experience. Then start to look and see if you can help others. When you continue to focus on what happened instead of what God can do for you and then allowing Him to do His work in your life you will never be well. This is not an easy step. Take it one day at a time, stay in His word and never give the enemy any room. Keep looking toward God and allow your heart to be healed.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Rape is an evil and hateful act. You are not to blame... you were the victim. If you allow this person to have power over you by making you feel inferior - that rapist has 'won' and has power that you are giving him. You are worthy of love and respect - God loves you - and He wants you to love yourself, now. God Bless you!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Rape is an evil and hateful act. You are not to blame... you were the victim. If you allow this person to have power over you by making you feel inferior - that rapist has 'won' and has power that you are giving him. You are worthy of love and respect - God loves you - and He wants you to love yourself, now. God Bless you!

Thanks everyone. I just still have pretty strong feelings about this.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

May i ask you about the subtitle of this thread Amman? Do you really believe you are gay? Also, what are the "other things" you mentioned?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

May i ask you about the subtitle of this thread Amman? Do you really believe you are gay? Also, what are the "other things" you mentioned?

I think I am gay. But really , the worst thing that happened in my life is almost unmentionable. Someone hurt me in a way that makes me believe I can't have children.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

I think I am gay. But really , the worst thing that happened in my life is almost unmentionable. Someone hurt me in a way that makes me believe I can't have children.

I am praying for you, Brother.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,792
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

If you are worried please go and talk to a doctor but also remember that God is the ONLY one to decide that. I was told by two leading surgeons that I would never be able to have children ...... I had 5 and so far 8 grandchildren.

However if you do decide you are homosexual you wouldnt have children anyway :noidea: ( sorry I dont mean to sound insensitive )

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Amaan,

I will not presume to say that I understand your pains, because I don't. However, I can give you a word of hope, and that is, you can leave all this behind -- you can bury this old Amaan that you hate at Calvary, and then make a fresh, new start with Jesus Christ. That is, you can become a new man.

Listen to what the Bible has to say:

"Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

"For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace." (Romans 6:3-14, ESV)