• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The OT is full of examples when God told someone to pick up a weapon to kill:

1)  self defense

2)  to be an instrument of judgment against a rebellious nation such as Canaanite nations.

None of these killings were for selfish reasons but for righteous reasons. 

If, for example, we allow a criminal to kill a child because we didn't want to stop them, that is cowardice.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 4/2/2012 at 9:58 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

guns can be intimidating, especially if youve never been around them. But if your careful with them, once you get comfortable with them their really not that intimidating-once you realize that without someone holding a gun, its just a hunk of wood and steel.

Edited by Bluedragon
changed the post

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

I notice this topic has surfaced again. There are matters which require the upmost care, and this is one. Some will understand when I write, "let us speak for ourselves;" for we are to examine ourselves, and the Lord is pleased to declare His judgment regarding our own conduct and bearing. Who is responsible toward the Almighty for what we say and do? 

We cannot blame another. Are we in a place to say to the Lord, "The evil one made me do it, Lord!" Absolutely not. We alone are responsible, my friends. 

I speak for myself, then, when I say that I refuse to pick up a lethal weapon. It's not my place to do so and regardless of the clamoring of this flesh, I will stand fast and resist temptation. I will stand and the Lord is able to make me stand, for He alone understands my relationship with fear. Christ Jesus knows how I suffered when the power of life and death was within the reach of my hand, and how I refused to wield that power against another. 

I suffered scorn and derision for this refusal but the one who lashed out at me didn't understand, for they did not hear the words of the Lord. I walk by faith and not sight so when His Spirit says, "Say and do nothing," then that is what I do. Say and do nothing to an evil man, and do not defend myself against my accuser no matter how deeply the lash bites. Waiting upon the Lord is the portion given to me and true to His promise, the Lord Himself filled the enemy with terror! The evil man didn't face me... he faced the terror of the Lord. I am nothing, but the Lord is everything.

I speak only for myself, but this never fails to attract opposition. I have no need to defend myself. I live for the day when I'm honored to lay down this life for the sake of another, and I'm only in this world by the will of God. Knowing this I'm not afraid of pain because it only lasts for a little while. As for fear, it is overcome when we stand and permit the worst to wash over us. I refuse to kill and welcome the day when I am killed.

This will only fulfill the desire of my heart, for the Lord will raise me up and I will be finished with this world at last! 

Edited by Marathoner
typos as usual

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, Bluedragon said:

So you revive an old thread in order to say nothing lol

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Some will understand when I write, "let us speak for ourselves;" for we are to examine ourselves, and the Lord is pleased to declare His judgment regarding our own conduct and bearing.

Yes, I can form my own opinions, but my opinions on this matter cannot ever be construed as "right" or "wrong" - neither can anyone else's. What Christians should absolutely NOT be doing is claiming "I don't see how you can be a Christian and ...... guns!" no matter that that "......." might be.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Yeah, and I watched in amazement how your second amendment-less country had to surrender their God given right to move freely about during the plandemic.

My guess is that your government doesn't feel threatened at all by it's citizens. 

Methinks you hold your rights a little too closely. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, servant4christ said:

Yes, I can form my own opinions, but my opinions on this matter cannot ever be construed as "right" or "wrong" - neither can anyone else's. What Christians should absolutely NOT be doing is claiming "I don't see how you can be a Christian and ...... guns!" no matter that that "......." might be.

Agreed.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

1 hour ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Yeah, and I watched in amazement how your second amendment-less country had to surrender their God given right to move freely about during the plandemic.

That's a pretty impressive set of unsupported claims in one sentence. How is it possible to construe moving freely about a country is a "God given right"?

Also, unless it was just a typo, the "plandemic" is just foolishness.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I'm going to throw this out there. I get tired of those christians who have to virtue signal. Ok...you don't like guns. So don't have one. I don't care. But when you act like the reason you don't is because it's an almighty sin to have one and therefore your above everyone who does....that's where I draw the line.

See...that line of thinking isn't supported by scripture. Anywhere. Period. Weapons are found throughout the Bible in a variety of uses, from war to obtaining food. God has never, EVER in the Bible or anywhere else called a weapon evil nor ever EVER forbade having one. 

Now He has multiple times spoken of things we should and should not do. We shouldn't covet. We shouldn't murder other people. We should love God with all our heart. We should love our neighbor as ourselves. But it never tells us we can't own a gun. 

Fact is from reading the Bible it's quite clear He's more worried about what we do then what we use to do it. If you don't feel led to have a gun then don't...but don't try to shame all those who do using nonexistent Bible references. God may or may not have told you specifically you shouldn't have one, I don't know, but it certainly isn't a sin for me to have one. Or two. Or three, etc. Etc. And I do, I have multiple firearms for multiple reasons. And I have no intention of giving any of them up.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

On 8/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, other one said:

Being 74 and hands not as steady as they used to be, I would have to say that my Taurus 380, 40mm, and 9mm shoot about as accurate as your sigs and Glocks....    what I do know is that they have been shot hundreds upon hundreds and with one exception of a single box of amo without powder they all three have gone bang every time I pull the trigger.

Don't intend to get into a battle with anyone long range, actually more of a point and shoot distances for protection.   I actually practice shooting from the hip at ten to 15 feet most of the time.

If I need to shoot someone across the street I'll use the AR   It's good for about as far as I can see anyway.

Inside the house it's the Mossberg 12g.

Blessings other one

I really like 380 back-ups,the Taurus is a good,reliable piece of hardware but my fave is the S& W 357 with micro click adjustables.......that gun is spot on accurate but with that kind of power just point & shoot for self defense

A few years back I put away my guns,I dont really know why ,how or exactly when but I had a very strong Conviction to disarm and in obedience ,I just did.Ive not thought about it since that day but lately I have the notion to "lock n load"