• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

In that case nebula you are right, that mom had a gun, and wasnt afraid to use it and she did and it likely saved her and her daughters life. Now, on the other side of it, if she had that gun, and wasnt comfortable using it, and all she did was bluff-what do you think would have happenned? Its like I said-if your going to carry any weapon-especially a gun, you had better be willing to use it if it comes down to it, or chances are that weapon will be used on you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In that case nebula you are right, that mom had a gun, and wasnt afraid to use it and she did and it likely saved her and her daughters life. Now, on the other side of it, if she had that gun, and wasnt comfortable using it, and all she did was bluff-what do you think would have happenned? Its like I said-if your going to carry any weapon-especially a gun, you had better be willing to use it if it comes down to it, or chances are that weapon will be used on you.

True, which is why I haven't sought to own a gun. However, I stand by those who own them and learn how to properly use them for self-defense and the defense of innocents.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

For protection most of the time, I carry a P-11 9mm Kel Tec with 10 rounds in the clip and one in the pipe, it is by far not the largest pistol, but I'm told the smallest 9mm made. I have larger pistols, but they are uncomfortable to wear concealed. The P-11 fits perfectly in a inside my pants belt clip holster, it doesn't dig into my back when I'm in my Jeep.

I feel the 9mm is good enough for being up close and personal, and that is anything within 25 yards. I hope any danger that is beyond that point (25 yards) I can withdraw and evade it.

I carry a pistol 85% 0f the time, I do leave my guard down when I'm in Church or Church functions (other then man camp) and leave my gun in the car. Carrying a gun is just as comfortable as carrying a pen knife in my pocket.

Why am I telling you this? I'm telling you this because it is my right and my culture as an citizen of the United States. Any law abiding citizen can legally carry a gun unless they live in some anti gun state such as New York.

Do I think there should be some gun law changes? Yes I do, I feel any law abiding citizen should be able to carry a pistol, concealed or not across state lines, as long as they have the carry permit. Some states allow carrying a pistols across borders and some don't, it should be a Federal law that we can carry across state lines.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I am curious about why someone feels they carry a weapon for protection, perhaps where I live is safer. Now I agree as an US citizen I wish to retain my right to bear arms, as a Christian I wonder how i could possibly expect any good to come of me getting my permit to conceal and actually carry said loaded firearms?

I personally do not like the 9mm the round is extremly light weight, and fast and it makes it unpredictable. There have been cases where carhart coats have deflected them enough to where they were innefective, and more where even a hollowpoint went through and through and got an innocent bystander, but thats just my personal tastes, my normal carry is a taurus pt 25/7 in the .40 S&W caliber. Its a slower heavier round, which means it wont travel as far and less chance of collateral damage. I never carry with a round in the chamber-to me thats just asking to shoot yourself in the foot, and Im practiced enough that I can draw and chamber a round and fire it in the same amount of time a person can draw a gun with a rounded chamber, and theres normally 15 in the mag and I carry one extra mag most of the time. Its just about the perfect size for me. Every once in awhile in the winter time, or if Im out in the woods camping I carry my .45 but I rarely carry that in town, its big heavy and a bit on the overkill side.

And as far as carrying it, like I said its a tool, and if someone threatens my family or I come across someone whos threatening someone else, heres the way I look at it-if i walk into a situation where someone is pointing a gun at either a member of my family or another innocent person, if I don't do anything, that innocent person will die, and someone will be without a son, or daughter or mother or a father, and that someone didn't deserve it, and if I dont do anything, thats on me. And I figure, if the person doing the attacking, if hes willing to pick up that weapon and kill someone with it, willingly accepts the consequences of said action, so I would rather shoot the person whos in my mind, asking for it, then let them shoot the innocent person who didnt ask for it.

I am curious about why someone feels they carry a weapon for protection, perhaps where I live is safer. Now I agree as an US citizen I wish to retain my right to bear arms, as a Christian I wonder how i could possibly expect any good to come of me getting my permit to conceal and actually carry said loaded firearms?

It is our right (yours and mind) as law abiding citizens to carry a gun if we choose to do so, no matter how safe of place we may call home and that right should not be questioned because that right is constitutional, just like any other individual right in the Bill of Rights.

As a Christian it hasn't been anything but good since I had and before I had my conceal carry permit. I also had that permit for thirty five years, never needed my gun for protection of my self or my family, but it only takes one time for some thug to have your world come crashing down around you.

God has gave us many gifts and a gun is a tool I can use to do my Christian duty as the head of the family, to protect them and if times get really tough, put meat on the table.

I personally do not like the 9mm the round is extremly light weight, and fast and it makes it unpredictable. There have been cases where carhart coats have deflected them enough to where they were innefective, and more where even a hollowpoint went through and through and got an innocent bystander, but thats just my personal tastes, my normal carry is a taurus pt 25/7 in the .40 S&W caliber. Its a slower heavier round, which means it wont travel as far and less chance of collateral damage. I never carry with a round in the chamber-to me thats just asking to shoot yourself in the foot, and Im practiced enough that I can draw and chamber a round and fire it in the same amount of time a person can draw a gun with a rounded chamber, and theres normally 15 in the mag and I carry one extra mag most of the time. Its just about the perfect size for me. Every once in awhile in the winter time, or if Im out in the woods camping I carry my .45 but I rarely carry that in town, its big heavy and a bit on the overkill side.

And as far as carrying it, like I said its a tool, and if someone threatens my family or I come across someone whos threatening someone else, heres the way I look at it-if i walk into a situation where someone is pointing a gun at either a member of my family or another innocent person, if I don't do anything, that innocent person will die, and someone will be without a son, or daughter or mother or a father, and that someone didn't deserve it, and if I dont do anything, thats on me. And I figure, if the person doing the attacking, if hes willing to pick up that weapon and kill someone with it, willingly accepts the consequences of said action, so I would rather shoot the person whos in my mind, asking for it, then let them shoot the innocent person who didnt ask for it.

I will agree that carrying a 40 would be a better choice and if a 40 was made in a smaller scale for conceal carry, I would have it. The 9mm is not really a push over, in Iraq many muslims terrorist met their slew of virgins by way of 9mm. However when I was in Iraq, I would of sooner been carrying the good old 1911. Then again I would of rather carried a M-14 instead of the M-16.

theres nothing necessarily wrong with the 9mm, its more of a personal preference thing. It will get the job done, its just a really unpredictable round. As far as carrying it, its a lil large, 4" barrel, but I have a good inside the waistband holster that conceals it rather easily, I also have a shoulder holster if i got a jacket on. I have a 1911-wife just got it for me for my birthday, and I love it to death and will likely carry it when im out in the backwoods, but it is really large to be carrying around town.

theres nothing necessarily wrong with the 9mm, its more of a personal preference thing. It will get the job done, its just a really unpredictable round. As far as carrying it, its a lil large, 4" barrel, but I have a good inside the waistband holster that conceals it rather easily, I also have a shoulder holster if i got a jacket on. I have a 1911-wife just got it for me for my birthday, and I love it to death and will likely carry it when im out in the backwoods, but it is really large to be carrying around town.

My Kel-Tec is a little power pack for its size, 3" barrel, 1 inch wide, 5.6 inches in length, 4.3 inches in height and weighs 21 ounces loaded. When shooting the Kel-Tec P-11, you will find it is not a comfortable target pistol and it isn't meant to be, you would want to put it down after firing two clips. It is just a defensive gun.

ya, thats definetly pretty tiny, my 24/7 weighs in at 27 ounces, 7.13 inches long and 1.25 wide. Still fairly easy to conceal though especially if your wearing a jacket.