WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,452
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

More than 2 million workers who have been laid off for long stretches could get their unemployment benefits restored as early as next week.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-politics-2010-07-15-senate-nears-restoring-jobless-benefits-print/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Much as I hate for the government to attempt to do ANYTHING, I guess we'd better do this!

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I called his office yesterday and asked when the unemployment benefits extention bill would be brought up again. I was told they are waiting for the 60th vote.

Translation: Harry Reid is holding up the bill, while people are hurting out there, (thanks to the Dems,) because they want to add to the deficit to do it and the Republicans want to do it in a fiscally responsible way, by using unspent stimulus funds. What's wrong with that??? It's common sense!!! But they're going to hold up the bill because they can't get their way!

And it is on Reid, because he's the majority leader and he decides when bills are voted on. If the Republicans had the majority and were doing this, I'd be blasting them, too. Of course the Dems are saying the Republicans are holding up the bill.

What a bunch of pathetic losers! Please hurry, November!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The republicans should be ashamed for holding this up. I agree that fisical responsibility is in desperate need but is this the bill to take a stand on? This is pure politics and a disgrace.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

The republicans should be ashamed for holding this up. I agree that fisical responsibility is in desperate need but is this the bill to take a stand on? This is pure politics and a disgrace.

It was the Dems that were holding it up!! They could have passed it at any time, in a much better way.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

They ALL bear responsibility here.....for putting politics ahead of the welfare of the people who are out of work. Don't be fooled into thinking one side or the other is concerned about anything but making points for the midterm elections. That being said; yes, unused stimulus funds should go to this. Otherwise it will add to deficit spending. In the words of someone whose name escapes me....FIRE THEM ALL! :huh:

So what if it adds to the deficit. The point is that people are struggling and need help now. I don't hear the republicans crying about funding the wars or Bush tax cuts. In my opinion when you don't have a job, can't buy food or pay your light bill it qualifies as an emergency, worthy of deficit spending.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

So what if it adds to the deficit. The point is that people are struggling and need help now. I don't hear the republicans crying about funding the wars or Bush tax cuts. In my opinion when you don't have a job, can't buy food or pay your light bill it qualifies as an emergency, worthy of deficit spending.

I think you missed my point. This issue is being used by both parties to play political football. No one doubts that it's a very critical bill for the unemployed.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Actually, Tax cuts are what is desperately needed to restore economic growth. Every dollar of tax cuts generates three dollars of stimulus effect directly to the economy.

When is it the responisbility of the Congress to see to it that jobs are being created rather than doling out social justice?

peace,

dave

Well if you don't find helping unemployed people survive, a worthy cause, then pray that you never lose your job. Don't you care that some of these people will lose homes, cars and healthcare. What do you suggest people do in this situation?