• Days Won:  19

Quote Fox News;

Court Upholds Expulsion of Counseling Student Who Opposes Homosexuality

By Todd Starnes

Published July 28, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Print Email Share Comments (828) Text Size

Courtesy of Alliance Defense Fund

A federal judge ruled schools can expel students, like Julea Ward, who believe homosexuality is morally wrong. Ward's lawsuit against Eastern Michigan University was dismissed.

A federal judge has ruled in favor of a public university that removed a Christian student from its graduate program in school counseling over her belief that homosexuality is morally wrong. Monday's ruling, according to Julea Ward's attorneys, could result in Christian students across the country being expelled from public university for similar views.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Those who allow themselves to be persecuted are.....persecuted. Christians are going to have to learn to play by the same rules as those who THINK they are winning. Claim discrimination, list themselves as minorities, apply for 'diversity' status in everything (jobs, housing, federal aid), sue for anything and everything (wear those ambulance chasing lawyers to the bone!), go on every t.v. and radio talk show that will have them, picket, protest and have sit-ins. Practice civil disobedience and then claim discrimination when they're arrested; get very beautiful minority celebrities to speak out for them (many, many black and Hispanic Americans are Christians after all!).....I could go on all day because it's already been done, ad nauseum, by the secular crowd. Think it won't work? Then consider the NAACP, Lulac, Cair, and that gay-rights group whose name escapes me, AARP and many others. Or.....we can sit around and whine for the next fifty years. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Well, the idea that a Christian thinks they need to go to college in order to be an effective counselor is pretty off-base to begin with. Not to mention that some churches nowadays require their counselors to have degrees. People who want to go college to become couselors, but don't want to counsel people who have serious sexual deviancy issues is kinda strange to begin with. It would be like going to school to become a psychiatrist and refusing to treat the mentally ill. Anyone remember the big brouhaha in the UK when Muslim medical students didn't wanna wash their hands before doing medical proceedures because of their beliefs?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

We need to fight this in the spiritual realm.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27

Amen sister. :emot-highfive: We're not to fight the way that the world does.

No one is whining. :thumbsup:

Let's not forget folks that alot of these professions came forth from Christian Charity and our Faith. It was Christian Faith and Charity that spawned the whole Medical Field and it was Christain Faith and Charity that gave us the fields of higher learning.

Axx,

People who want to go college to become couselors, but don't want to counsel people who have serious sexual deviancy issues is kinda strange to begin with.

Did you even read the article? :noidea:

She wasn't refusing to treat them she was refusing to treat them the way that that profession demands, as if there were othing wrong with it and it wasn't a sin.

peace,

dave

Those who allow themselves to be persecuted are.....persecuted. Christians are going to have to learn to play by the same rules as those who THINK they are winning. Claim discrimination, list themselves as minorities, apply for 'diversity' status in everything (jobs, housing, federal aid), sue for anything and everything (wear those ambulance chasing lawyers to the bone!), go on every t.v. and radio talk show that will have them, picket, protest and have sit-ins. Practice civil disobedience and then claim discrimination when they're arrested; get very beautiful minority celebrities to speak out for them (many, many black and Hispanic Americans are Christians after all!).....I could go on all day because it's already been done, ad nauseum, by the secular crowd. Think it won't work? Then consider the NAACP, Lulac, Cair, and that gay-rights group whose name escapes me, AARP and many others. Or.....we can sit around and whine for the next fifty years. :rolleyes:

2 Timothy 2

1 You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.

6 The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops.

7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.

Amen sister. :emot-highfive: We're not to fight the way that the world does.

No one is whining. :thumbsup:

Let's not forget folks that alot of these professions came forth from Christian Charity and our Faith. It was Christian Faith and Charity that spawned the whole Medical Field and it was Christain Faith and Charity that gave us the fields of higher learning.

Yes, Christians ARE whining when they moan about being silenced and prevented from expressing their beliefs. Fighting with everything you've got is the way to go. Be pacifist if that's what you believe in; I just don't see standing there watching the lions as they advance. I prefer to shoot them.

No one's being a paciifst let alone the young lady in the article. :blink:

However, in this instance;

Mt

No one's being a paciifst let alone the young lady in the article. :blink:

However, in this instance;

Mt 26:52

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again your sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

But, Dave....I don't even have a sword! :( (And what about those lions?) Does the Lord want us not to stand firm in His name? I get mixed messages on this whole thing.