• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

jam,

Grace to you.

While Islam is perfect, muslims are not.

but both discovered their mistake and repented to Allah, Who accepted their repentance and forgave them

On what basis did God forgive? Since in your own words above muslims are not perfect?

How has a Holy and Just God forgiven men their sins?

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

No muslim is a muslim unless he believes in Jesus (pbuh). Believing in Jesus (pbuh) is an integral article of the Islamic faith - the True Religion of God Almighty.

And no, we not invent lies about Jesus, saying that he was God or the sone of god. Since God Almighty says "He does not beget, nor was he begotten". It is derogatory, in fact it is blasphemey, to say that God should beget a son. Glory be to Him! High is God above the things you attribute to Him. It lowers God to the status of man by saying that he begat, since we are attributing our innate characterstics to God, which is certainly false.

And no, we do not pray in the name of Jesus (pbuh) or call him our saviour, since the only one that could save us if God Almighty.

To end with, I would like to beseech Allah- The Lord of the Universe, from the depth of my heart to guide you Christians to the true path.

Ummm, need this continue on a Christian site?

t.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ted:

Of course it should be allowed to continue. Jamal has every right to post his beliefs on this forum.

We, as Christians, will most likely disagree strongly with those beliefs. But we should extend a sense of decency and courtesy to those with whom we disagree.

Let us show Jamal why and where he may be honestly mistaken. But we must let him explain his side of the argument also.

It is only fair and right to do so.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I disagree on several points.

1) There are very few places left in the world where Christians can go to fellowship, strengthen each other in the Word, and refresh themselves in Christ. Most of what we thought were safe havens are being destroyed by various groups that extend their hands of welcome to everyone but those who have accepted God's gift of salvation through Christ. Jesus is no longer "tolerated" in schools, Federal buildings, court houses, college campuses, and many other places or situations around the country. Sad, but true. The idea of inclusiveness no matter what the cost has ravaged people that believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and have accepted him as their Savior. The Bible is clear as to just who Jesus was.

2) This is not a private discussion board in which only the most learned Bible scholars reside. The are many young Christians here, both in age and in Faith. Flat out blasphemy against God and His Word can easily confuse some that have recently accepted Christ, or have yet to make that decision. One turned away from the Truth in Christ for the sake of "fair play" would be a tragedy.

3) The Bible is very clear that we are not to give ear to such blasphemy, such as what I highlighted in the quotes. Many, many verses warn against giving credence to words like this.

4) Quotes such as these go directly against the terms of service and membership stated by the owner of this site. The poster surely read them before they registered, and disregarded them in the hope that we would "come to the truth".

I can see where you get the notion that we should allow such words to be posted. We are, of course, supposed to encourage others that have yet to see the Truth in Christ, and be a light for Jesus. And I agree.

But, the stated mission of this poster is to bring us to the "truth". Does the "truth" he speaks of match what you know to be the Truth in Christ our Lord?

Some times, you have to sit back and take in the entire overall intent of posts. Had this person came in and perhaps inquired a bit as to what Christ had done for them and who He is, maybe things would be seen in a different light. But this is not the case here.

Tell me, would you allow different blasphemies if they were rudely written? Although the poster was extremely polite and articulate and well versed in his religion, it is against God and His Son, none the less.

I am truly sorry that I may seem rude tonight, it's really not how I am. You may see many other posts of mine as my witness, but there are times in which we should and must make a stand.

If we can't stand up for Christ, we might as well just sit down.

Forgive my directness, and my manners, but I give no quarter to blasphemy.

Thanks and may God Bless.

t.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Of course it should be allowed to continue.  Jamal has every right to post his beliefs on this forum.

Let us show Jamal why and where he may be honestly mistaken.  But we must let him explain his side of the argument also.

It is only fair and right to do so.

Like Ted, I disagree with you. This forum exists to promote the Lord, to glorify Him. The Lord is not glorified in false doctrine. By all means, let us be nice and welcome Jamal. Let us show him the truth of the Lord. We should not give quarter to false beliefs however. That is not scriptural. Every lost person is on a path to a bad ending. I personally am not comfortable sitting back in the interest of perceived "fairness" and letting someone promote a viewpoint that I know does not lead to the Lord. Especially when there are seekers or Christians young in their faith who might be led astray or otherwise harmed by such beliefs. Especially when the lost person's eternal fate is at risk.

Jamal, Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is Lord. This is not a lie. This is what Jesus said about Himself. Only Jesus as Lord could have paid for our sins. This He did willingly, out of love for us. God reached down to us. Our sins are forgiven, paid for, forgotten. Praise our merciful Lord.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I fully appreciate, for example, that all Muslims honor the prophet Jesus. 

:emot-questioned:

I appologize if I am misunderstanding you, Christianbear . . .

But do you believe that Jesus is "the Lamb of God of takes away the sin of the world," "the Alpha and Omega," "the Word made flesh" through whom all things were made?

What's with reducing Jesus to a mere prophet?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I edited jamboy's post on page two by removing the article which included verses from the Quran. In this post jam was attempting to show how the biblical version is the incorrect one.

This is a privately owned Christian website, that is here to exalt the name of Jesus. Anyone that comes here to seek Him, to understand, to find comfort, to fellowship with other Christians, will be welcomed. But, one that comes here to undermine, to confuse, to derail or to convert will not be tolerated.

Just to be clear. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I fully agree that this forum is designed for the education and enlightenment of Christian believers. Even so, I would hope that Jamal would feel free to use this esteemed forum to express his views and to enter into dialogue with us.

I truly believe that we Christians can learn much from non-Christians, since they are human beings just like us. I believe it was the Roman historian Terence who wrote: "I am a man, and nothing human is alien to me." And did not the apostle Paul say that he became all things to reach all men and women with the Gospel?

We Christians should be strong enough in our faith that we can understand where others are coming from, and can enter into fruitful discussion with them. I am very interested in comparative religion, and I see much good in all of the world's faiths, despite my complete adherence to Christian theology. So I can see much to criticise in Islam, while still showing appreciation for much good that exists in that faith. The same idea applies to other religions as well.

Tolerance of others is a cardinal virtue. John Stuart Mill wrote (and I paraphrase) that we should tolerate different views for two excellent reasons. First, the other side might be correct. Second, if the other side is wrong, we have an opportunity to see a new perspective of why our side is indeed right.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

bear,

What part of a lie shall we believe? In other words where does the Truth end and the lie begin?

I'll give you a clue. It starts with our offering. :rolleyes: Have we chosen to believe God or a lie?

Ge