• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Is this the love you speak of?

Matthew 12:33

Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Anything I hate is a bully.If you want to understand what I mean, read John 8. Nothing justifies the anti-Catholic vitriol you see posted here and elsewhere. I make no apology for standing up and speaking out against it.

Yet, in your own words, you bully those whom you do not agree with, calling them names to justify your stance? Sounds hypocritical to me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I am noticing that a lot of the church's rules are not only contrary to scripture but perhaps ven heretical. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It is irritating to me because I have a lot of unbelieving friends that are turned away from the Bible because of what is going on in the Catholic Church.

I understand that this isnt your question, but it is a good point. In the years of research I have conducted on the Catholic Church I have found many heretical teachings as well as documented and eyewitness testimonies that prove to be gruesome and disturbing. Speaking in love, I believe that this institution is the "whore" of Revelation. I dont think ill of the people involved in the catholic church, but I do frown upon the leaders who are preaching false doctrines in the name of Messiah. Chick publications has many good resources about the catholic church. "Fifty years in the church of Rome" by Charles Chiniquy is a book that I have been dying to read. I havent read it yet so dont bash me over it. Lol.

www.remnantofgod.org is a good website to read over. I dont agree with all of his theology, but it is a good resource nonetheless. There are several others but I cant thing of them right now...

I do pray that the Lord will open the eyes of those who are trapped in the institution of Rome. My love goes out to them as well as my prayers...

Catholicism has always been a major problem for me too. The Vatican and it's opulence, the Pope (called God's representative on earth), praying to saints (humans) and even the worship of Mary, mother of Jesus....she was blessed among women but she was a woman, a mortal. They bow down to idols. None of those things are Biblical and yet, over a billion people believe in Catholic doctine. It's just wrong, to me, and nothing will ever change that.

Here's the rub, though. In spite of the false doctrines, we can't afford to hate them for it. Most Catholics I know don't know any other way to practice Christianity. Simply put, they don't know any better and that goes for the senior leadership as well as the rank and file. I've talked with cardinals who don't know any other doctrine or interpretation. For a lot of Catholics, their image of themselves as Christians is grounded in the idea that they can trace their origins all the way back to Jesus through the apostle Peter. We may not be able to consider them as brethren in Christ because of the false doctrines and practices but there is nothing, and I mean, absolutely nothing to prevent us from loving them as people.

It really throws sand in my gears when I see the (pardon me) crap that people post about Catholics and the Catholic church, especially when it's some idiot redneck (redundant?). Had to get that off my chest. It is amazing to me how many of these backwoods nitwits assume malice on the part of Catholics when what they are really faced with is ignorance.

I used to be a catholic. I was born to and grew up with a catholic family, was educated in catholic schools, learned only teachings of the catholic religion in my school years, and didn't hear about anything else, except occasional mention of muslims. So I didn't choose to be catholic. I was born one and raised one and that was all I knew.

The truth was shared to me several times before God said it was time and my eyes were opened to the truth and I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and savior, read and studied the bible (which I was never encouraged as a catholic to do) and realized how flawed the catholic teachings were.

So when I read or hear comments about the catholic's false teachings, I don't consider it crap or some attack on catholics but simply a statement of the truth of what catholicism really is. It is not about whether I love them or not.

All people will hear the Truth (catholics, muslims, buddhists, etc), but not all will accept it. That is the bottomline. We who have been saved by God's grace should be thankful and pray for those who are still in darkness.

Blessings...South

....None of those things are Biblical and yet, over a billion people believe in Catholic doctrine. It's just wrong, to me, and nothing will ever change that....

Well, He May Turn Their Hearts To Him As He Has To So Many So Many Times Before

After All Dear Sister He IS The LORD God In Heaven

Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. Romans 11:3-5

Not All Of God's Kids Are Called Out Of This Denomination Or That

Russian, Roman, Greek Or Armenian He Can Surely Save Their Fat

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Some Within Rome's House I Joyfully Claim As Brothers

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

And One The LORD Gave To Me As Wife

Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Proverbs 5:13

And All I Hold In Prayer

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

And Love

>>>>>()<<<<<

Know This Dear Family, Religions And Philosophies Will Fail But The Truth Will Win Out

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've heard that a man does not have to show evidence of actual salvation before becoming a priest. :(

I've heard that a man does not have to show evidence of actual salvation before becoming a priest. :(

Got A Job

Becoming a Catholic priest is much like studying for any other vocation. Participation in studies to become a priest does not obligate one to finally be a priest any more than going to law school means one must become a lawyer. Usually to become a priest, one must fulfill many requirements.

The first requirement to become a priest is that one must be male and unmarried. There are actually a few married priests, who were formerly Episcopalian ministers who converted to Catholicism. Because they were previously married, they were not asked to take the vow of chastity. However this is a very rare exception, and normally a married man would not be allowed as a candidate for the priesthood. A married man may become a church deacon and so help the church, but he is often required to promise not to remarry should his wife predecease him.

Got A Robe

The Rite of Ordination is what "makes" one a priest, with the minister of Holy Orders being a validly ordained bishop.

The Rite of Ordination occurs within the context of Holy Mass. After being called forward and presented to the assembly, the candidates are questioned. Each promises to diligently perform the duties of the Priesthood and to respect and obey his ordinary (bishop or religious superior). Then the candidates lie prostrate before the altar, while the assembled faithful kneel and pray for the help of all the saints in the singing of the Litany of The Saints.

The essential part of the rite is when the bishop silently lays his hands upon the each candidate (followed by all priests present), before offering the consecratory prayer, addressed to God the Father, invoking the power of the Holy Spirit upon those being ordained.

And The Lack Of Biblical Salvation Can Certainly Seen In The Anti-Christ Latter-Day Leaders Heard Teaching In Many Other Mainstream 'Christian" Churches

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2 Thessalonian 2:3

Got A Job Boob Boob de Boob

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Catholicism has always been a major problem for me too. The Vatican and it's opulence, the Pope (called God's representative on earth), praying to saints (humans) and even the worship of Mary, mother of Jesus....she was blessed among women but she was a woman, a mortal. They bow down to idols. None of those things are Biblical and yet, over a billion people believe in Catholic doctine. It's just wrong, to me, and nothing will ever change that.

If you stop and look at it, a large portion of the Catholic congregation is made up of poor, uneducated, third world people. That is how the Catholic Church is able to claim so many adherents. What a shame that the majority have no idea who Christ is and that they are lost because they have been misled by the satanic forces within the Catholic church.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Let's please not make this a thread into slander of the Catholic Church. Though severely flawed, they are still our brothers and sisters. If I see this thread taking the wrong direction, I'll close it. I am just looking for answers to the two questions posed. Thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

South,

As someone who is an ex-Catholic and grew up learning their teachings, do you know why the clergy are not allowed to marry? I've been told that it was because they believe marriage would divide their time and energy, and they are instead supposed to put all of their time and energy into the Church. I think Fez showed this idea with 1 Co 7:33-34

"But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1991

@ South & D-9

I honestly have no idea why the priests were told to remain celibate other than what it says in the Bible in 1 Timothy.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

I do remember reading somewhere that the nunneries were actually a continuation of an ancient Babylonian practice of keeping a harem of women devoted to the gods to be used exclusively for the pleasure of the priests. I'm not sure where I read that, so I'm trying to research that topic. *basically, dont quote me on that part.* Thre has been evidence of where there are underground tunnels leading from the convents to the monasteries where the relationships blossomed and the product thereof were terminated *abortions*.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/nun.htm

As to the ones who have been name calling and all that jazz....

1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jn 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

While I disagree with the practices of catholicism, we are called to be a light of love. Yet love does not mean being passive when it comes to something that could harm a loved one. If a stove was hot, you wouldnt ignore the danger by cooing words of love. You would speak words of warning. "That's hot! Dont touch that! Get away from there!" Speaking out about matters such as these is along the same lines.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Is this the love you speak of?

Matthew 12:33

Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Anything I hate is a bully.If you want to understand what I mean, read John 8. Nothing justifies the anti-Catholic vitriol you see posted here and elsewhere. I make no apology for standing up and speaking out against it.

Yet, in your own words, you bully those whom you do not agree with, calling them names to justify your stance? Sounds hypocritical to me.

It is not wrong to get between a bully and his victim, especially when the attack is unwarranted and unprovoked:

Job 29:16, 17 - "I was a father to the needy, and I championed the cause of the stranger. I broke the fangs of the unrighteous, and made them drop their prey from their teeth."

Acts 23:3 - "At this Paul said to him, "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! Are you sitting there to judge me according to the law, and yet in violation of the law you order me to be struck?" "

...or should we just all smile sweetly and sing the Doxology while an injustice is being committed in front of us? Comes a time to man up, OneLight, taking care, of course, that in your anger you do not sin.

Then man up! Admit that you spoke hypocritical when you state that you cannot stand people talking badly about one group and then turn around and speak badly about another. Is this not hypocritical?

It really throws sand in my gears when I see the (pardon me) crap that people post about Catholics and the Catholic church, especially when it's some idiot redneck (redundant?). Had to get that off my chest. It is amazing to me how many of these backwoods nitwits assume malice on the part of Catholics when what they are really faced with is ignorance.

Can you see it? You complain so clearly that you dislike it when people say mean and derogatory remarks, yet you do the same ... I see the plank and the speck example going on here.