• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/23/1973

Fear is a spirt.

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

To defeat the spirit of fear, you can think about quotations deeply. Say them, mutter them, think about them deeply, ponder them, declare them aloud. They are weapons to defeat that evil demon of fear which is tormenting your life.

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Psalm 27:1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Genesis 26:24 - I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you.

Psalm 91: 1 -2 - 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Isaiah 44:8 - Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one."'

Isaiah 51:7 - "Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, You people in whose heart is My law: Do not fear the reproach of men, Nor be afraid of their insults.

Hebrews 13:6 - So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Jesus said, "I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5, Matthew 28:20).

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but unfortunately, some of us Christians have received a spirit of fear at some point in our walk with God. I have had my own share of it. It got to a time i was so scared even of my own bedroom, i became so depressed, it was terrible. Then during that time i happen to tune in to a radio station and guess what the preacher was teaching about Fear and that was the day i was set free. It was not a coincidence that i tuned in, it was God's doing. Stand your ground and fight it and it will run away from you. Its a spirit, cast it out yourself, we have the authority. I did it, you can do it too.

Eph. 6 : 10-18 (THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD). We should put on the whole Armour of God to be able to fight when the evil day comes. Live right otherwise we cannot fight the enemy.

Stay Blessed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Fear is a spirt.

To defeat the spirit of fear, you can think about quotations deeply. Say them, mutter them, think about them deeply, ponder them, declare them aloud. They are weapons to defeat that evil demon of fear which is tormenting your life.

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Psalm 27:1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Genesis 26:24 - I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you.

Psalm 91: 1 -2 - 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Isaiah 44:8 - Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one."'

Isaiah 51:7 - "Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, You people in whose heart is My law: Do not fear the reproach of men, Nor be afraid of their insults.

Hebrews 13:6 - So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Jesus said, "I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5, Matthew 28:20).

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but unfortunately, some of us Christians have received a spirit of fear at some point in our walk with God. I have had my own share of it. It got to a time i was so scared even of my own bedroom, i became so depressed, it was terrible. Then during that time i happen to tune in to a radio station and guess what the preacher was teaching about Fear and that was the day i was set free. It was not a coincidence that i tuned in, it was God's doing. Stand your ground and fight it and it will run away from you. Its a spirit, cast it out yourself, we have the authority. I did it, you can do it too.

Eph. 6 : 10-18 (THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD). We should put on the whole Armour of God to be able to fight when the evil day comes. Live right otherwise we cannot fight the enemy.

Stay Blessed.

Something magical just happened when I read these verses and I feel the presense of God's spirit working through you to help me. These words release me from this bondage to fear. I can feel it! It is healing to read His word.

I can relate to being aafraid of your bedroom. I get so scared at night that I have to wear earplugs and turn on the fan to drown out the sounds that are haunting me. This all just happened so suddenly. I haven't experienced fear like this in a very long time. I can feel it creeping up on me once the sun starts to set.

My life was perfect before this. We were looking for a new house. We were talking about having another child. I was SOOOOOOOOOOO blessed and SOOOOOOOOO happy. I was so thankful for everything God had provided to me in my life. Perhaps I did get a bit too proud though and maybe that is why He's allowing satan to control my life. Maybe He's trying to knock down my pride a bit. I don't know though. I may never know why He's doing this to me until I meet Him face to face. But, wow. I can't believe this anxiety just hit me out of no where.

Please keep praying for me. I am on day 2 of Celexa and will start weaning off of valium in a couple of weeks. The doctor wants me to stay on the valium until the celexa starts to take effect in a couple weeks.

Praying!

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. Psalms 116:1-2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Another Scripture for you, sister:

2Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Casting down imaginations
, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and
bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
;

Hopes that helps. I know it helps me. I have even pictured myself hogtying unwanted thoughts and turning them over to Jesus!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was tormented by fear since longer than I had memory.

Somewhere along the way I began singing praise and worship songs whenever I was attacked with this fear, and held onto it as a life line.

Can you do this:

This is a remake of one of the songs I would sing:

You are my hiding place

(The video may or may not be distracting, so just close your eyes and listen and worship.)

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Nebula, did the fear go away after awhile? Listening to praise music does help. But sometimes I get a very cloudy mind and cannot concentrate on the music and lyrics. It's so hard to keep my mind focused right now. In between attacks I have been reading scripture and singing praises. But it's hard when I'm being attacked.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug: Iam not able to give you a " real " hug only cyber ones .... PLEASE dont ever be afraid of posting and asking for help and prayer ... it is NOT a trouble but an honour to pray for each other,

Also the nonsense of feeling that you are somehow " letting God down " over your meds :noidea: God helps doctors all the time including allowing them to learn about medicines. You should never have been left on those drugs so long without any attempt to wean you off them so why are you blaming yourself now ??? PLEASE let the doctors help you and take your time to allow your body time to adjust. Lots of this anxiety can be a direct result of the changes in medication and you know old hairy legs will use any such opportunity to attack because he HAS to go for Christians when they are sick / depressed / worried since he has NO CHANCE of hurting them when they are strong .... he has no real chance of hurting you anyway YOU ARE BELOVED AND SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB but he can make you feel like the place that he will be inhabiting one day ...kick him to the curb and tell him we are praying with you so he has nothing to do with you no matter what :emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

:emot-pray:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nebula, did the fear go away after awhile?

I did not find deliverance until I was 18.

It came after a night of intense spiritual warfare. I was praying with a friend - outside in the dark. My friend never expressed fear before, but he was feeling it as strong as I was, which was odd. We also both had the same "sense" of demonic presences, which was also weird. I mean, when leaning against the railing of a bridge, after a time he confided that he had a strong impression of being pushed over the railing and into the river; that was freaky because the same thing was happening to me!

So the two of us prayed against the spirits of fear, prayed against the demons, prayed against whatever we could think of.

I hadn't thought of it, but this was the first time I ever made an effort to pray against the fear and the torment, rebuking it, etc.

The next night, I discovered the fear was gone.

Listening to praise music does help. But sometimes I get a very cloudy mind and cannot concentrate on the music and lyrics. It's so hard to keep my mind focused right now.

I understand about distractions! My thoughts never shut-up. :rolleyes: Annoying.

You gotta just do it anyway.

Learn the songs and sing with them. Resist the temptation to beat yourself up for a distracted mind. Just speak forth the word and sing out the praises anyway.

For me, dancing to the Lord with the music helps.

In between attacks I have been reading scripture and singing praises. But it's hard when I'm being attacked.

Believe me, I know!

Think of it this way. Like any other difficult activity or task, it becomes easier the more you do it.

There have been times I forced myself to sing even though my heart and mind were not into it. Sometimes that's just what you got to do. Don't worry that you can't get into it. Just make an effort to do what you can, even if a whisper.

And ask Jesus to be the Lord of your emotions, to break the back of this fear, whatever else you can think of.

:wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Brush the attack away with a laugh by reminding it that God and Jesus are right there next to you. The positive is you realise what is going on and this helps to be one with God and Jesus. Praying

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Shelhevet,

Coming off of Valium is a drawn out process with ups and downs so please know this is part of what you are going through, don't rush things cuz just like LPT said your body needs to adjust to the changes. With the Celexa just barely having time to get into your system you are bound to have anxiety and such things. I know the self doubing thoughts on using meds even the ones that are meant to either keep one sane, alive or just pain meds, the whys and reasons that run through our heads! Keep close to God, keep in His word, cry out to Him for help He is there even when we feel far away from Him. Praying for you.

Mizz