nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

It was/is a terrible tragedy. It shouldn't of happened.

I agree with Matthitjah, it is strange that a anti-muslim would spew "May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be with you"

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I hope they catch him quickly.

Speaking of "compassion" I sure didn't hear much of that when this thread was posted

Its just as tragic to have our christian bretheren murdered, but we don't seem to hear much or comment much on that topic.

I looked at that thread and saw that there was plenty of compassion and prayer on that thread. If you are speaking of me personally..I'm not there. Since it was early June I was likely not around much. If you look at my profile you will see that I average less than 2 posts a day. This means that I go for periods of times not posting at all alternated with times I do post.

Nope, not at you at all. I'm more on the page with Shiloh and Matthitjah. Meaning that while this was a terrible tragedy. It will be used as a propaganda tool. But a christian killed will not be barely mentioned.....

I just used your word.....compassion.

Not personal.....now off to watch SNL....... ;)

Had to edit to add. I guarentee this thread will get way more attention...will bleed over into others etc....just wait this will get huge. I don't mean on just the boards either....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

It appears to mean; "May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be with you." :blink:

That's really strange.

Followed by, "This is your checkpoint."

My first thought was gang initiation (a lot of gangs require you to commit a crime for initiation, and sometimes murder is one of them).

But thinking "geek" got me thinking of something else.

I did a google search for "this is your checkpoint" and I found the "Prince of Persia" game.

At the very bottom, it says:

Side jump to the narrow part of the opposite ledge and go right. Run up to the Dagger plaque. Wall run left and jump to the bar. Swing/jump to the narrow beam in front of you and side jump left to the higher level. Smash all jars there that contain Sand. From one of the sides you can look down to a heavily guarded Sand Gate. This is your Checkpoint.

In previous descriptions, it speaks of using your dagger.

Don't know if I'm the right trail or not. But that's interesting.

All of my sons games have a checkpoint, that will say "this is your checkpoint" its a way to save your progress, I think...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Ny first reaction after reading this response was "Unbelievable." Then I considered everything I have read on here and all the hate rhetoric I hear on TV. I then realized that there was no reason for me to be surprised at all.

It's a sobering reality. :closedeyes:

Yet we have a proposed mosque that has been named "Cordova House" in honor of the slaughter of Spanish Christians, a radical Imam, who basically says we deserved 9/11,

That first part is a wild assumption, the bolded is simply false.. His full statement;

"I wouldn't say the United States deserved what happened on 9-11, but the United States' policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."

Let's put this in the context of something he wrote in his book;

“The truth is that killing innocent people is always wrong and no argument or excuse, no matter how deeply believed, can ever make it right.”

Calling people terrorists makes it much easier to justify saying that they should move the 'Mosque'. They have every right to build it there, saying that they should move it further away when the next closest Mosque is 4 blocks away instead of 2 is pretty silly.

Why is it offensive to people? Because they are Muslims. No justification other than that is needed.

Guest shiloh357

It was/is a terrible tragedy. It shouldn't of happened.

I agree with Matthitjah, it is strange that a anti-muslim would spew "May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be with you"

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I hope they catch him quickly.

Speaking of "compassion" I sure didn't hear much of that when this thread was posted

Its just as tragic to have our christian bretheren murdered, but we don't seem to hear much or comment much on that topic.

I looked at that thread and saw that there was plenty of compassion and prayer on that thread. If you are speaking of me personally..I'm not there. Since it was early June I was likely not around much. If you look at my profile you will see that I average less than 2 posts a day. This means that I go for periods of times not posting at all alternated with times I do post.

The point is that those who are quick to react to any perceived angst with Islam, are suddenly silent when nonMuslims are persecuted by Muslims. Palestinian Christians have been repeatedly brutalized by Muslims in Gaza, but your ilk doesn't seem to be able to find much outrage over that. Palestinians are indoctrinated to believe Jews are descended from apes and pigs and people like you are nowhere to be found. There is an obvious selective outrage where these things are concerned.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, I've had a reality check.

We need to stop with this finger-pointing.

There's serious stuff going on, and if we keep lobbying missiles at each other, we're just going to be a part of the problem and not the solution.

OK, I've had a reality check.

We need to stop with this finger-pointing.

There's serious stuff going on, and if we keep lobbying missiles at each other, we're just going to be a part of the problem and not the solution.

Thank you nebula.

:thumbsup:

It's a given that people want to blame, but it's much easier to blame than it is to understand.

Guest shiloh357
shiloh357, on 25 August 2010 - 08:22 PM, said:

Yet we have a proposed mosque that has been named "Cordova House" in honor of the slaughter of Spanish Christians, a radical Imam, who basically says we deserved 9/11,

That first part is a wild assumption, the bolded is simply false.. His full statement;

"I wouldn't say the United States deserved what happened on 9-11, but the United States' policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."

Yeah I heard that. To say were are an accessory to 9/11 is to claim we deserved it no matter how he tries to color it. We are accused of bringing it on ourselves. He is parsing words, but ultimately, he is layng the blaime for 9/11 at the doorstep of the US, just like the Saudi Prince did.

Calling people terrorists makes it much easier to justify saying that they should move the 'Mosque'.
Except that is not the justification for moving the mosque. No one said it should be moved because the Imam is a terrorist.

They have every right to build it there, saying that they should move it further away when the next closest Mosque is 4 blocks away instead of 2 is pretty silly.
You are missing the bigger picture. The mosque is supposed to be about engendering peace and understanding, but they refuse to extend that to the families of the victims of 9/11.

What is silly is that you are treating tolerance as a one-way street. Any appeal to the feelings of the families is written off and entirelly disregarded by you as a nonissue, but for some reason we are supposed to bow and scrape at the feet of the Muslims and any failure on our part to fulfill their whims is demonized as bigoted and anti-Muslims.

Why is it offensive to people? Because they are Muslims. No justification other than that is needed.
Wrong!!!!! The proposed location is already being used as a mosque and no one is offended and there is no opposition to Muslims worshipping there. Muslims worship freely all over NYC and no one is offended at that.

Yet a church was destroyed on 9/11 at Ground Zero and is not being allowed to be rebuilt, but I don't see you very concerned about their first amendment rights. Your dishonesty, hypocrisy and disengenuous concern over religious freedom is duly noted and you will be continuously reminded of it so long as you continue dishonestly to paint your opponents with false values.

Yeah I heard that. To say were are an accessory to 9/11 is to claim we deserved it no matter how he tries to color it. We are accused of bringing it on ourselves. He is parsing words, but ultimately, he is layng the blaime for 9/11 at the doorstep of the US, just like the Saudi Prince did.

He never said that the US deserved what happened. Saying that he did is simply a fabrication, no matter how much you wish he said it like that, or twist his words.

You are missing the bigger picture. The mosque is supposed to be about engendering peace and understanding, but they refuse to extend that to the families of the victims of 9/11.

What is silly is that you are treating tolerance as a one-way street. Any appeal to the feelings of the families is written off and entirelly disregarded by you as a nonissue, but for some reason we are supposed to bow and scrape at the feet of the Muslims and any failure on our part to fulfill their whims is demonized as bigoted and anti-Muslims.

Donna Marsh O'Connor had her daughter die in 9/11. Her daughter was pregnant. Here is me retyping what she said Countdown. She largely spoke in a run on sentence for this part, so I put periods where she paused the most.

I mean when people will accuse the President of the United States of being Muslim, the problem witht he accusation is in its nature, that it's a crime, y'know, it's a problem! Well, y'know, I honestly have to say I never really expected to be in this position in America, that we don't understand that you can't excerpt the fact that this is an argument about Religious Tolerance just because none of us want to be called a bigot. So we cloak bigotry and racial intolerance in this concepts about sensitivity to the 9/11 families, well, I'm a 9/11 family member as well. And I want to leave my sons in y'know- and I'm not naive. I know this is not y'know, this great wonderful Democracy, unless individual citizens understand that the democracy lives in their actions, not in their entitlements. It's in our responsibilities to one another and not individually are entitled to in terms of our own, in many cases un-educated opinions. When I see the towers fall, that causes me pain. I would say to you, you're a Journalist, can you not do it on 9/11, can you not do it, but you have a right to do it. You have a right to free speech. And I have to acknowledge that the pain I am feeling essentially comes from 19 individual criminals who murdered 3,000 people on our soil. And it has left us horrifically scared.

Wrong!!!!! The proposed location is already being used as a mosque and no one is offended and there is no opposition to Muslims worshipping there. Muslims worship freely all over NYC and no one is offended at that.

Then why is rebuilding the structure with a prayer centre on top, just like the old one so offensive? It is rebuilding the same thing, in the same place, and people want it moved. If the fact that it existed before was of no concern, then why should rebuilding it be of any either?

Yet a church that was destroyed on 9/11 at Ground Zero and is not being allowed to be rebuilt, but I don't see you very concerned about their first amendment rights. Your dishonesty, hypocrisy and disengenuous concern over religious freedom is duly noted and you will be continuously reminded of it so long as you continue dishonestly to paint your opponents with false values.

Providing they can clear the bureaucratic red tape, they should be allowed to build as well. The building in question was completely destroyed, whereas the Old Burlington Coat Factory was only damaged by falling debris. I would imagine more red tape, permits, etc would be involved in rebuilding a structure that was entirely destroyed rather than simply rebuilding a structure that is intact.

Maybe you think or wish I have some of the positions you are accusing me of having, like you have for the Imam, but that doesn't make that factual.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We use faith to justify killings and destruction. An event in NYC becomes world news but not in Borneo. A preident talks about a mosque but does not mention the homeless in the same city.

Praying

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just saw a report stating that the suspect was intoxicated.