nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I just saw a report stating that the suspect was intoxicated.

This is true. Someone on another message board that I go to said that he was at one point roomates with this person. I've heard all sorts of speculation. As I'm told, a Cabbie being stabbed would be news in itself, as there are regularly drunk people in Downtown Manhattan. A Cabbie being stabbed after being asked whether he was Muslim, even if by a drunk person, would be oddly timed to be sheer coincidence while all the unkind words are flying around in that area.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Someone on another message board that I go to said that he was at one point roomates with this person.

That must be weird.

Be interesting to here what he speculates based on knowing the guy.

I've heard all sorts of speculation. As I'm told, a Cabbie being stabbed would be news in itself, as there are regularly drunk people in Downtown Manhattan. A Cabbie being stabbed after being asked whether he was Muslim, even if by a drunk person, would be oddly timed to be sheer coincidence while all the unkind words are flying around in that area.

Good point.

Except one has to consider what he actually said - isn't that kind-of out-of-the-ordinary?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

It appears to mean; "May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be with you." :blink:

That's really strange.

However, I contend that this is exactly what the planners of the Mosque wanted to happen and will be used by the Left to fuel the fires of contention that are currently dividing the Nation. :o

Your compassion is overwhelming.

Ny first reaction after reading this response was "Unbelievable." Then I considered everything I have read on here and all the hate rhetoric I hear on TV. I then realized that there was no reason for me to be surprised at all.

How is my statement uncompassionate? Please explain. I'm open for correction. :thumbsup:

I didn't say the man deserved to have his throat slit nor did I condone the actions of the man who did it. He's a nut for sure.

The Mosque planners and this Imam are surely terrorists in the first degree though. :thumbsup: This is exactly what they wanted to happen. Divide the Nation further and you fell right into their trap. :blink:

Are you saying the pro-mosque people are behind this incident or that they were hoping for something like this to happen? I agree though; it will be used to show Christians as intolerant and violent. Even though there's no indication this attacker acted out of religious conviction or is even a Christian. Just coming home from Afghanistan, he may just hate muslims because he met them up close and personal and...he's CRAZY!

Are you saying the pro-mosque people are behind this incident or that they were hoping for something like this to happen?

Nope, not at all. :thumbsup:

I'm saying exactly what you just said, "This guy's a nutjob and this will be used to demagogue the issue and to bash those who oppose the Mosque as intolerant and bigots." It's already being done in this thread. :blink:

I'm aslo stating that this is exactly what those who have planned and developed the mosque want. Further division in this Nation and it's sad when folks fall for the Islamic rhetoric that we are responsible for 9/11 and that America is the problem in the world and not the solution.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Calling people terrorists makes it much easier to justify saying that they should move the 'Mosque'. They have every right to build it there, saying that they should move it further away when the next closest Mosque is 4 blocks away instead of 2 is pretty silly.

As a non-American, B.E., it's simply out of line for you to tell US what they (the mosque builders) have every right to do on our soil. Why are you being offensive?

Someone on another message board that I go to said that he was at one point roomates with this person. I've heard all sorts of speculation. As I'm told, a Cabbie being stabbed would be news in itself, as there are regularly drunk people in Downtown Manhattan. A Cabbie being stabbed after being asked whether he was Muslim, even if by a drunk person, would be oddly timed to be sheer coincidence while all the unkind words are flying around in that area.

Speculation from a muslim apologist.

Nope, not at all. :thumbsup:

I'm saying exactly what you just said, "This guy's a nutjob and this will be used to demagogue the issue and to bash those who oppose the Mosque as intolerant and bigots." It's already being done in this thread. :blink:

I'm aslo stating that this is exactly what those who have planned and developed the mosque want. Further division in this Nation and it's sad when folks fall for the Islamic rhetoric that we are responsible for 9/11 and that America is the problem in the world and not the solution.

Well I totally agree with the above, Dave, but....remember the jumping on the pro-mosque bandwagon is only being done by a non-American poster. I feel for the cab driver and his family. This was a horrible crime against an innocent man. In fact, I heard on Fox this morning that he actually OPPOSES building that mosque on that spot. But muslims as a group remain suspect, at least to me.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Ive heard after the rumors of the Saudi backing on this mosque...that it is comparable to the USA going to Hiroshima and building an american monument... :taped:

That thought actually makes me ill......whether its a fair comparison is up to the indvidual I suppose.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This is a mute issue, folks. The "United Steel Workers Union will never build this mosque/building there, and will prevent any scabs from building it, either.

Edited by Parker1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Some interesting articles were posted in

Getting weirder.

Guest shiloh357
Donna Marsh O'Connor had her daughter die in 9/11. Her daughter was pregnant. Here is me retyping what she said Countdown. She largely spoke in a run on sentence for this part, so I put periods where she paused the most.
She has a right to her views. Most of the other 9/11 families disgree with her as do over 70% of America.

Wrong!!!!! The proposed location is already being used as a mosque and no one is offended and there is no opposition to Muslims worshipping there. Muslims worship freely all over NYC and no one is offended at that.

Then why is rebuilding the structure with a prayer centre on top, just like the old one so offensive?It is rebuilding the same thing, in the same place, and people want it moved. If the fact that it existed before was of no concern, then why should rebuilding it be of any either?

Because it is part of a franchise of "Cordova Houses." Cordova in Muslim history was a city in Spain that fell to major Muslim victory where Christians were slaughtered and from which Islam ruled the Iberian Penninsula and North Africa. Calling it "Cordova House" links the events of 9/11 with that Muslim victory. Hardlly symbolic of peace and tolerance. It is a symbol of Muslim victory. This mosque is meant to be a victory mosque. Furthermore, building a mosque at Ground Zero will be interpreted by radical Islam as an eternal tribute to the radical terrorists that committed the acts of 9/11.

The Imam did not consult the families before announcing his plans. He was content to operate through political channels. The idea that this mosque was to engender tolerance and understanding was added only after there was a public outcry about the location.

Providing they can clear the bureaucratic red tape, they should be allowed to build as well. The building in question was completely destroyed, whereas the Old Burlington Coat Factory was only damaged by falling debris. I would imagine more red tape, permits, etc would be involved in rebuilding a structure that was entirely destroyed rather than simply rebuilding a structure that is intact.
But according to you, NOTHING should stand in the way of First Ammendment rights. When you apply the First Ammendment, you seem to think it trumps everything else, and the fact that the church is denied the right to build on that location proves that you don't know squat about the First Ammendment (not that you will ever allow a lack of knowledge or a lack of facts to get in the way of your opinion).