IGNORED

NYC Cabdriver Stabbed After Telling Passenger He Was Muslim, Police Sa

nebula

Guest shiloh357

I just saw a report stating that the suspect was intoxicated.

This is true. Someone on another message board that I go to said that he was at one point roomates with this person. I've heard all sorts of speculation. As I'm told, a Cabbie being stabbed would be news in itself, as there are regularly drunk people in Downtown Manhattan. A Cabbie being stabbed after being asked whether he was Muslim, even if by a drunk person, would be oddly timed to be sheer coincidence while all the unkind words are flying around in that area.

Conincidence or not, you cannot lay the blame for what he did at the feet of those who oppose the mosque location. The unkind words being flown around there are words like "bigot" or Islamaphobia and "anti-Muslim" to demonize and intimidate anyone who doesn't agree with the location of the new mosque.

It is completely hypocritical to demand "tolerance" and understanding, while you are being intolerant of anyone who has the courage to voice their opposition to the mosque's location.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Conincidence or not, you cannot lay the blame for what he did at the feet of those who oppose the mosque location. The unkind words being flown around there are words like "bigot" or Islamaphobia and "anti-Muslim" to demonize and intimidate anyone who doesn't agree with the location of the new mosque.

It is completely hypocritical to demand "tolerance" and understanding, while you are being intolerant of anyone who has the courage to voice their opposition to the mosque's location.

:emot-nod:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Nope, not at all. :thumbsup:

I'm saying exactly what you just said, "This guy's a nutjob and this will be used to demagogue the issue and to bash those who oppose the Mosque as intolerant and bigots." It's already being done in this thread. :blink:

I'm aslo stating that this is exactly what those who have planned and developed the mosque want. Further division in this Nation and it's sad when folks fall for the Islamic rhetoric that we are responsible for 9/11 and that America is the problem in the world and not the solution.

How does opposing the location of the Mosque help with uniting America?

---------------------------------

She has a right to her views. Most of the other 9/11 families disgree with her as do over 70% of America.

It doesn't really seem to matter to you.

But according to you, NOTHING should stand in the way of First Ammendment rights. When you apply the First Ammendment, you seem to think it trumps everything else, and the fact that the church is denied the right to build on that location proves that you don't know squat about the First Ammendment (not that you will ever allow a lack of knowledge or a lack of facts to get in the way of your opinion).

How are insults and making things up about what I've said civilized discussion?

Any building being built has to get permits. If they are denied permits because of their Religion, at that point, they would challenge that through the judicial branch of Government. The Multicultural Center has been able to get through the permitting process whereas Saint Nicholas' has not. If they cannot get through the permitting process because of not being able to get through the permitting process, that is different than being not being allowed permits because of their Religion. They can challenge that through the judiciary, and the Judge decides whether their rights were violated.

Am I somehow incorrect about that?

-------------------------

If it wasn't a coincidence, then that means it had something to do with that. :noidea:

The project has sunk 5 Million dollars into purchasing the Old Burlington Coat Factory. Some protesters compare the people building the Prayer Centre to Nazis. People reply to that, saying Muslims are people too, and should be given respect like anybody else. Since they've sunk 5 million dollars thus far into the project, they probably don't want to move the location.

If the protesters were interested about Mutual Respect and Tolerance, they wouldn't be protesting in such a disrespectful manner.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I want to know if this is a violation of the First Amendment.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/west.rogers.park.2.1879657.html

I also want to know why the same folks who are making a big fuss about the Mosque in New York being a First Amendment issue, when it isn't, aren't now making the same argument in this case. :noidea:

How does opposing the location of the Mosque help with uniting America?

Actually, we are a Represenative Republic BE and most folks in this Nation, 70%, are opposed to the placement of this Mosque. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

P.S.

This is from the article I linked to above;

It sounds a bit like the controversy over the proposed mosque in New York near where the Twin Towers fell.

Isn't it simply amazing how the Towers were just there one day and then "BANG" they fell down all by themselves? :noidea:

I've seen this issue reported like this countless times and it makes me sick each time I hear or read it. Those towers didn't just fall. They were bombed in an aggressive act of War perpetrated by Islam. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

P.S.

This is from the article I linked to above;

It sounds a bit like the controversy over the proposed mosque in New York near where the Twin Towers fell.

Isn't it simply amazing how the Towers were just there one day and then "BANG" they fell down all by themselves? :noidea:

I've seen this issue reported like this countless times and it makes me sick each time I hear or read it. Those towers didn't just fall. They were bombed in an aggressive act of War perpetrated by Islam. :thumbsup:

Yes, they sure were and ANYONE making some bland statement about the murder of 3,000 people makes me go nuclear.....:huh:

Guest shiloh357
shiloh357, on 26 August 2010 - 06:24 PM, said:

She has a right to her views. Most of the other 9/11 families disgree with her as do over 70% of America.

It doesn't really seem to matter to you.

You are the one who continuously treats the senstivities of the 9/11 as if they are unimportant. She is in a miniority view. Deal with it. Most everyone else disagrees with her and you.

How are insults and making things up about what I've said civilized discussion?
I have not insulted you. You don't know what you are talking about, you don't know much at all about the first ammendment, but so far that has not stopped you from voicing a baseless, factless and less than credibile opinion. That is not an insult. That is an honest assessment of what you have presented thus far.

Any building being built has to get permits. If they are denied permits because of their Religion, at that point, they would challenge that through the judicial branch of Government. The Multicultural Center has been able to get through the permitting process whereas Saint Nicholas' has not. If they cannot get through the permitting process because of not being able to get through the permitting process, that is different than being not being allowed permits because of their Religion. They can challenge that through the judiciary, and the Judge decides whether their rights were violated.
I understand all of that. I was just illustrating how you mishandle the first ammendment. You are the one acting like the First Ammendment gives them the right to build the mosque whereever they want.

The bigger problem with you, is your inability or unwillingness to frame our position correctly. You are making this out to be an anti-Muslim issue, when it is clearly not. You are trying to make this out to be a first ammendment issue, and it is clearly not.

It is not an anti-Muslim issue, because no one has suggested that the Moslems cannnot build the synagogue. In fact, we have already acknowledged that if they choose to build on the proposed location, we cannnot stop them, constitutionally. We have simply demanded that they build it elsewhere, and if the Imam cares one bit about tolerance and understanding, the location woul not matter to him.

The location matters if and only if it is the case that it is meant to make a statement about 9/11 and so far, based on the evidence, that is the case.

It is not a first Ammendment issue because asking them to move the mosque does not violate any first ammendment rights. The first ammendment does not guarantee that you can build a house of worship anywhere you want, so asking them to move it is not infringing on the rights of Muslims.

I am sorry you feel insulted but you really do not have an intelligent, meaningful grasp of the issues in play, and so far, have nothing important to add to the conversation and frankly it s getting really old when a Canadian who clearly knows next to nothing about America presumes to lecture Americans about our country and our laws.

If it wasn't a coincidence, then that means it had something to do with that.
But that does not change the fact that the man acted on his own and was not reflecting upon anyone but himself. If the stabber had been a Muslim, you would have lectured us not to blame all Muslms for what he did. Yet, you are more than happy to lay this man's actions at the feet of everyone who opposes the mosque. Your hypocritical doublestandard is duly noted.

The project has sunk 5 Million dollars into purchasing the Old Burlington Coat Factory. Some protesters compare the people building the Prayer Centre to Nazis.
The majority don't. If a few Muslims leveled something similar to the nonMuslims protesting the mosque, you would be on here defending the Muslims and telling us not to project the words of a few on the majority, but again, you are willing paint the protestors of the mosque enmasse as if they reflect the words of a radical and ignorant few. Again, your hypocritical doublestard is duly noted

People reply to that, saying Muslims are people too, and should be given respect like anybody else. Since they've sunk 5 million dollars thus far into the project, they probably don't want to move the location.
No, the reply is to paint anyone who protestes the mosque location as bigots, anti-Muslim and Islamophobic. They demonize and paint the protestors as racists (even though Islam is not a race).

If the protesters were interested about Mutual Rspect and Tolerance, they wouldn't be protesting in such a disrespectful manner.
Again the majority of protestors and reserved their comments to the location of the mosque. They have not demonized Muslims or attempted to infringe on the rights of Muslims. It is dishonest and unfair for you to take the distasteful actions of a few and assign those values to the majority. You would not like it done to Muslims, so it is time for you stop justifying in yourself what you condemn in others.

And by the way. The Imam started all of this. HE was the one who brought up the issue of respect and tolerance. He said that was the motive behind the mosque. The onus on him to demonstrate respect by repsecting the senstivities of families of 9/11. If tolerance and respect are the driving motives behind the mosque, then it would not make any difference to the Imam where it was located.

The Imam started all of this. HE was the one who brought up the issue of respect and tolerance. He said that was the motive behind the mosque. The onus on him to demonstrate respect by respecting the sensitivities of families of 9/11. If tolerance and respect are the driving motives behind the mosque, then it would not make any difference to the Imam where it was located.

U

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm,

and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

S

And because iniquity shall abound,

the love of many shall wax cold. Mat threw 24:12

A

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD,

and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Today

>>>>>()<<<<<

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 2:16-18

Praying!