• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Christie,

Everyone has their own opinion on this matter. I think that 10% is a good principal and a good starting point but I honestly think we are to give according to how the Lord has blessed us.

I have always found that when I could not afford to tithe and did, God brought me money miraculously and I was able to get my needs met. He is a faithful God and He says to try Him in this and see if He doesn't open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing that is so big you can't hold it. Mal. 3

He doesn't want you to give out of compulsion or regretfully, He wants your gift to be out of a desire to give.

Reaping and sowing is a definate. You reap what you sow in all areas of life.

Pray about it and ask God what He would have you do. I was told that tithe was old testament and I didn't need to, but I prayed about it and God showed me clearly that He wanted me to.

First time I did, I withdrew 150.00 out of the bank, knowing it would cause my mortgage to bounce. Monday morning there was a deposit/credit to my account for 300.00 Bank said it was a correction to an error they made some months back (as if!) then they said the error caused me to be overdrawn back then so they deposited another 300 to cover the fees they said I paid.

Girl! I couldn't find it on my statements and said, "Thank You Jesus!!"

Bless you, sister!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

HI CHRISTIE, Now this is just my opinion on this, But what I do is start with what I can afford to give cheerfully, then work my way up to ten percent or more, And remember GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER, So your HEART must be right when you give. :o hope this helps some........TAKO

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Malachi 3

8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.

"But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'

"In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse-the whole nation of you-because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

It's a struggle for me too, so I remember these verses :wacko:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I find that I can do more with the 90 percent i'm left with than I when I don't tithe. The tithe came before the law. As a matter there is no mention where it comes from. It is first mentioned in:

Ge 14:20  And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

but how Abram knew to give a tithe we do not know just as Abel knew to offer a lamb.

LT

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

The New Testament does not say you must Give 10% for the bible says "Let each one Give what he purposes in his heart, Not grudgingly nor out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver." So, it says to give what God leads you to give, and that doesn't mean 10%. I think giving 10% of your time to the church could be better then the person who gives 10% in money to the Church, here is my reasoning, People normally Give 10& of there money to the church like a pay off to God so they do not have to give up their time :D

Ps. im not downing those who give 10% with the right additude.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I give 10 %, and more if I feel led.

I give offerings too, and a sideline.

I love giveing, God has blessed me greatly@!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

Hi- I read this post Saturday night. I am pretty educated in the bible but when I read Malachi I felt awful. I did know that we were supposed to offer ten percent. I don't remember reading that before, not that I was stealing from my Father! My husband left me with a new baby. I have no income. I am recieving no fixed amount of money. (Except the state sends about 100 dollars a month). I used to place offerings when I had money but rarely ten percent. After reading Malachi I decided to offer a quarter of the money I saved in my bank account. I gave joyfully. I expected nothing back. This Sunday evening during dinner I recieved a phone call. A long while ago, I had tried working with a brand new business ...just starting out. They agreed to pay me a very large sum of money. They paid me two times but couldn't after that because the business started out rocky. They owed me a lot. It had been months since I had spoken to them and I even called and their phone was disconnected. Today, out of the blue, they called just to say that a check is in the mail and they are profusely sorry that it took so long. God is so good. I urge anyone to tithe...don't expect anything in return and do it joyfully. Malachi 3:10" Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty," I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!" There is only truth in the word. To God be the glory! :laugh: