wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

People - stick to the topic at hand please. The OP is 7 Clear Signs We Are Near the End.

Thanks.

Sister, I say this with caution and a choosing of my words. I also say it with the grace Jesus would want me to, without trying in any way to be argumentative.

Yes, the Op is 7 Clear signs we are near the end (which I do not necessarily agree with, because the scripture posted does not lead me towards that premise. But thats a different issue).

We, I, are asked to debate the subject with a fellow believer whose basic doctrine we, I, believe is flawed, and not biblical and can lead others, especially new believers astray?

How can I do that and remain true to my beliefs? Am I to leave this thread because I believe the basic premise that the person basis their faith on is wrong, and can damage them and others ?

Would Jesus want me to walk away because someone is upset or angry with me?

Would He have walked away?

The truth is in the Word, not in man.

And the reason I now walk from this thread, is not because I believe one iota in the doctrine being carefully concealed and angrily protected in this and other threads. A doctrine that is hidden, why?

There cannot be darkness where there is light. So why are we not shining the light now?

I walk from this thread in deference to you, traveller, and in respect for your grace.

And I walk for no other reason.

Blessings

Then start your own thread on the topic and engage in it there with those who wish to partake in a discussion with you.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

People - stick to the topic at hand please. The OP is 7 Clear Signs We Are Near the End.

Thanks.

Sister, I say this with caution and a choosing of my words. I also say it with the grace Jesus would want me to, without trying in any way to be argumentative.

Yes, the Op is 7 Clear signs we are near the end (which I do not necessarily agree with, because the scripture posted does not lead me towards that premise. But thats a different issue).

We, I, are asked to debate the subject with a fellow believer whose basic doctrine we, I, believe is flawed, and not biblical and can lead others, especially new believers astray?

How can I do that and remain true to my beliefs? Am I to leave this thread because I believe the basic premise that the person basis their faith on is wrong, and can damage them and others ?

Would Jesus want me to walk away because someone is upset or angry with me?

Would He have walked away?

The truth is in the Word, not in man.

And the reason I now walk from this thread, is not because I believe one iota in the doctrine being carefully concealed and angrily protected in this and other threads. A doctrine that is hidden, why?

There cannot be darkness where there is light. So why are we not shining the light now?

I walk from this thread in deference to you, traveller, and in respect for your grace.

And I walk for no other reason.

Blessings

I appreciate your candor Fez. thing is, there is another thread where the issue of Universalism is being discussed. You certainly do not have to debate with anyone who you feel is in error - in this thread or any other. There are others in this thread who do not hold to that position who are able to discuss the OP. You don't have to speak with someone directly just because they are in the same thread as you.

I appreciate you brother, and please know that this subject has come up several times in the past. We don't cover it up but expose it to the light of the word - we just do it in a thread all to itself to keep it contained.

Peace Brother. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

there is another thread where the issue of Universalism is being discussed.

Could you post a link please? I can't find it.

Yes please, niether can I

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Yes please, niether can I

Matthitjah closed it. It's the thread you were engaged in, man. The Universalist member has been banned.

I contemplated whether to remove all the posts here to get the topic back on track or to let them stand. I think I will first see if this thread is going to move forward or if it's done.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1982

7 Clear Signs of the End Times

Below is a list of seven clear signs of the end times, which highlight the nearness of Christ

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1982

Verichip

Even clearer sign the end of the age is near

rev13:16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2009/06/16/obamas-dangerous-health-care-plan/

democracy? or maybe holy crusade?

rev6: 2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Communism

4And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

stock market wall street

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

rev18

23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

united nations

rev17

18And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

defined as

MYSTERY-One that is not fully understood or that baffles or eludes the understanding; an enigma: How he got in is a mystery.

One whose identity is unknown and who arouses curiosity: The woman in the photograph is a mystery.

A mysterious character or quality: a landscape with mystery and charm.

A work of fiction, a drama, or a film dealing with a puzzling crime.

The skills, lore, or practices that are peculiar to a particular activity or group and are regarded as the special province of initiates. Often used in the plural: the mysteries of Freemasonry

Interesting Stuff

http://www.dailymotion.com/prophecyrat#videoId=xi69s3

Edited by elijanoch

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

How does this fit with Paul's clear teaching that the Advent will come like a thief in the night in 1 Thessalonians 5?

www.studyyourbibleonline.com

As a thief in the night to THE GODLESS Preacher Wesley. Not to Believers.

Interestingly enough, a lot of pre-millennialists talk of the Gog-Magog alliance, but fail to grasp that this happens 'when the thousand years are fulfilled,' even though the Scripture is very plain about it in Revelation 20. Gog and Magog cannot occur until after the thousand years are completed, so one of two situations has occurred.

1. Either the thousand years is over, or:

2. what is going on is not Gog and Magog.

Or, as the amillennialists (including Martin Luther, John Calvin, Thomas Cramner, Richard Hooker) teach,

3. We are currently in the millennium.

http://www.prca.org/articles/amillennialism.html

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

How does this fit with Paul's clear teaching that the Advent will come like a thief in the night in 1 Thessalonians 5?

www.studyyourbibleonline.com

As a thief in the night to THE GODLESS Preacher Wesley. Not to Believers.

Interestingly enough, a lot of pre-millennialists talk of the Gog-Magog alliance, but fail to grasp that this happens 'when the thousand years are fulfilled,' even though the Scripture is very plain about it in Revelation 20. Gog and Magog cannot occur until after the thousand years are completed, so one of two situations has occurred.

1. Either the thousand years is over, or:

2. what is going on is not Gog and Magog.

Or, as the amillennialists (including Martin Luther, John Calvin, Thomas Cramner, Richard Hooker) teach,

3. We are currently in the millennium.

http://www.prca.org/articles/amillennialism.html

You amillennialists really crack me up. If this were the millennium, don't you think the Scriptures would have said 2000 years instead of 1000?

You think that because you see the name Gog after the millennium that there must not be a millennium, where Christ literally will rule and reign with His Church for 1000 years. How many of you doubting Thomas' are there anyway?

I take this prophecy literally. Maybe your mistake is believing that Gog is a man. Have you ever considered that Gog might be an an angel on the dark side. I believe he is a prince of the air in that region, and when that time comes (Dan. 12:1), the angel Micheal will stand up to protect God's people. This explains how Gog could still be there after 1000 years.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

You amillennialists really crack me up. If this were the millennium, don't you think the Scriptures would have said 2000 years instead of 1000?

You think that because you see the name Gog after the millennium that there must not be a millennium, where Christ literally will rule and reign with His Church for 1000 years. How many of you doubting Thomas' are there anyway?

I take this prophecy literally. Maybe your mistake is believing that Gog is a man. Have you ever considered that Gog might be an an angel on the dark side. I believe he is a prince of the air in that region, and when that time comes (Dan. 12:1), the angel Micheal will stand up to protect God's people. This explains how Gog could still be there after 1000 years.

So you think that in a book full of symbolism Revelations), this number MUST be taken literally?

Do you also believe that only 144,000 people will be saved, and that they will be ethnic Jews?

Edited by Byron A