Believer112

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

satan says; what if it don't work what will they think of me, I'm embarrassed, who am I to pray for a stranger.

This is true. At least it is for me. As much as I believe, there's still that tiny inkling of doubt. "What if it doesn't work?"

When Peter started sinking as he was walking on the water, the first thing Jesus said was, "Why did you doubt?"

Doubt plays a major role in what we can and cannot accomplish. The Lord has answered many of my prayers and He has shown me time and time again that He is with me, but I just can't seem to be able to shake that feeling. I don't believe the Lord holds things like that against us. If He did, He would have left me long ago.

We are never told that when we pray that we will see the results. We are to plant the seed and another will water, but God will give the increase. Have faith that He will do His part when we do ours.

I fail to see where this ties into what I said.

1 Corinthians 3

4 For when one says,

We are never told that when we pray that we will see the results.

Matthew 21

21 So Jesus answered and said to them,

I feel we are insecure in our beliefs about God. Here is another excuse why we shouldn't step out in faith as the bible commanded. Quote " His WOFer beliefs destroy the faith of those who follow his teachings when they are not healed by speaking to the problem." If it destroys the faith was there faith to begin with? I believe ALL the scriptures are the word of God. I'm not going to try to out think God why he healed someone or not. It's not my place to question God or make excuses for God. He just commanded me, and I'm going to be a good little troop and follow his commands! To the best of my ability for the Glory of GOD!

When we are His with all our being, we will know His will. Word of Faith preachers teach that if you are sick, it is your lack of faith that stopped your healing. If you had enough faith, you would be healed. Tell that to those who are still crippled but love and trust God with all their heart, soul mind and strength. Tell that to Paul who asked God to remove the thorn in his side, but was told that His grace is sufficient. Yes, Word of Faith preachers damage the faith of everyone who's prayers are not answered.

It took me awhile to battle satan and the thoughts, to just go up to someone and ask them if I can pray for them. I found the truth is: if I wasn't so self centered and worried about myself I would have done it the first day. (satan says; what if it don't work what will they think of me, I'm embarrassed, who am I to pray for a stranger. It took weeks of study and renewing my mind to see that God wants us to do it.

Joshua-777 spoke the truth about Love. Love is the key! If we loved others more than ourselves the things of God won't be hard to do. It would not be hard to step out in faith and pray for someone.God is love! If we can't forgive and love all than how can we walk with God? Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? You have to crucify your flesh or our carnal self (see,taste,feel hear,smell) for others as Jesus did.

I believe everything I pray for is given to me in the spiritual realm. When it manifests into the physical Praise God, if it doesn't I'll know in the end why. God Bless all.

I am glad you broke out of your fears. We should always step out when the Holy Spirit moves us. :thumbsup:

satan says; what if it don't work what will they think of me, I'm embarrassed, who am I to pray for a stranger.

This is true. At least it is for me. As much as I believe, there's still that tiny inkling of doubt. "What if it doesn't work?"

When Peter started sinking as he was walking on the water, the first thing Jesus said was, "Why did you doubt?"

Doubt plays a major role in what we can and cannot accomplish. The Lord has answered many of my prayers and He has shown me time and time again that He is with me, but I just can't seem to be able to shake that feeling. I don't believe the Lord holds things like that against us. If He did, He would have left me long ago.

We are never told that when we pray that we will see the results. We are to plant the seed and another will water, but God will give the increase. Have faith that He will do His part when we do ours.

I fail to see where this ties into what I said.

1 Corinthians 3

4 For when one says,

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

I feel we are insecure in our beliefs about God. Here is another excuse why we shouldn't step out in faith as the bible commanded. Quote " His WOFer beliefs destroy the faith of those who follow his teachings when they are not healed by speaking to the problem." If it destroys the faith was there faith to begin with? I believe ALL the scriptures are the word of God. I'm not going to try to out think God why he healed someone or not. It's not my place to question God or make excuses for God. He just commanded me, and I'm going to be a good little troop and follow his commands! To the best of my ability for the Glory of GOD!

It took me awhile to battle satan and the thoughts, to just go up to someone and ask them if I can pray for them. I found the truth is: if I wasn't so self centered and worried about myself I would have done it the first day. (satan says; what if it don't work what will they think of me, I'm embarrassed, who am I to pray for a stranger. It took weeks of study and renewing my mind to see that God wants us to do it.

Joshua-777 spoke the truth about Love. Love is the key! If we loved others more than ourselves the things of God won't be hard to do. It would not be hard to step out in faith and pray for someone.God is love! If we can't forgive and love all than how can we walk with God? Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? You have to crucify your flesh or our carnal self (see,taste,feel hear,smell) for others as Jesus did.

I believe everything I pray for is given to me in the spiritual realm. When it manifests into the physical Praise God, if it doesn't I'll know in the end why. God Bless all.

Was I wrong when I understood you to say, it is no longer up to God who gets healed but it is us who decides?

Alot of healings take place at Benny Hinn gatherings.

But this is do to the faith of the many people who are there believing for a miracle.

Benny does not lay his hands on people and they are healed. Instead he waits for God to heal, then he lays his hands on them trying to claim his share of what happened.

Ole Benny only has the gift of getting rich putting together these events. :30:

Matthew 21

21 So Jesus answered and said to them,

Matthew 21

21 So Jesus answered and said to them, Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, Be removed and be cast into the sea, it will be done.

22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Who is Christ talking to and in what context is this said? Jesus is speaking of true faith. He is talking to those who are no longer seeking their own will, but His will. That means that they will only ask what Gods will is. It does not mean that if you ask for a wallet full of money and believe in your heart you will have it, that the next time you open your wallet it will be full of money.

Did you not see this? "We are never told that when we pray that we will see the results". Look at the end of Matthew 21:22. If you have faith and do not doubt, you will see the results.

As for asking for the desires of the flesh. Here's what James has to say about that.

James 4

1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?

2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.

3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

I guess I should of finished my thought. My mistake. I was at work and had just a second to respond. I should of placed "every time" at the end, but didn't. Allow me to complete my thought ...

We are never told that when we pray that we will see the results every time.

Details. :cool:

I'll let it slide. ;)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

So true, I've been programed by this world for 50 years. It takes a constant renewing of the mind. We have to make the spiritual world more real than the physical. We have to take scripture to heart. I believe this set of teaching might add to your knowledge of faith. I positive it will bless you. http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio/1046 Keep up the good fight and God Bless you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Onelight wrote: When we are His with all our being, we will know His will. Word of Faith preachers teach that if you are sick, it is your lack of faith that stopped your healing. If you had enough faith, you would be healed. Tell that to those who are still crippled but love and trust God with all their heart, soul mind and strength. Tell that to Paul who asked God to remove the thorn in his side, but was told that His grace is sufficient. Yes, Word of Faith preachers damage the faith of everyone who's prayers are not answered.

Pauls thorn in the flesh was satan bothering him.

2 Corinthians 12:7