Believer112

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

A born again Christian asking for God to save them. A good prayer to pray?

Luke 18

9 And He spoke this parable to certain ones who trusted in themselves, that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a tax-collector.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed within himself in this way: God, I thank You that I am not as other men are , extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax-collector.

12 I fast twice on the Sabbath, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And standing afar off, the tax-collector would not even lift up his eyes to Heaven, but struck on his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner!

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself shall be abased, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

[nebula] wrote,

If someone prays, "God, get the devil off my back," because they cannot resist the devil with their own strength - is it unscriptural to call on the Lord for deliverance? Since when are we supposed to rely on our own strength anyway?

Sure, God gave us power. But does He want our faith to be in our power, or even the power He gave us, rather than on Him?

Romans 4:20

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,

Ephesians 3:16

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

First, I believe the power of Jesus ( IN US!) is greater than powers, pricipalitie .... One of these days I'll have scripture memorized.

Second, Faith in God is power!

Third, the words that usually come after "but" is unbelief.

Lord you said in Jer 1:12."I am ready to perform My Word and in Jer 33:3."Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things. Lord I pray everyone in this forum, gets a revalation of, the raiseing from the dead power you place inside us, from our Lord Christ Jesus. I pray you open our eyes to see and our ears to hear and understand what we really have in Christ. I pray we step out and live victorious in this fallen world. Because you said we are the head and not the tail. Lord, you said in Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. I pray life into the people of this forum. All I ask is in Jesus' Name. Thank you Lord Praise be your glorious Name.

This sounds a lot like Deism, you know? Once God gives you the strength, you don't need Him anymore?

I'm being serious - think about it.

As Dave mentioned above - Paul asked the Lord 3 times to remove a thorn in the flesh.

Now why did Paul not command the "thorn" to be removed? Was Paul praying unscripturally?

Then the Lord responded, "My grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in weakness."

Did the Lord do this because Paul prayed wrong?

Or was the Lord using this to rely on Him (the Lord) and not on himself (Paul)?

Are you your own god, or is God your God?

I don't know who you've talked to in the past. God give's us our strength and we do need God. Nothing can be done without God. Not every prayer is answered.

I've been a follower of Jesus since I was 4 or 5. I grew up listening to several preachers and teachers and pastors and ministers - including people who taught exactly what you are promoting here. I've had a lot of time to assess this teaching.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked about Paul?

And why do you not respond to what I posted about love?

What does that have to do with what I was talking about?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Again, I don't know what WOF pray. I pray God's will. Copied from Wikapedia

These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

[nebula] wrote,

If someone prays, "God, get the devil off my back," because they cannot resist the devil with their own strength - is it unscriptural to call on the Lord for deliverance? Since when are we supposed to rely on our own strength anyway?

Sure, God gave us power. But does He want our faith to be in our power, or even the power He gave us, rather than on Him?

Romans 4:20

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,

Ephesians 3:16

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

First, I believe the power of Jesus ( IN US!) is greater than powers, pricipalitie .... One of these days I'll have scripture memorized.

Second, Faith in God is power!

Third, the words that usually come after "but" is unbelief.

Lord you said in Jer 1:12."I am ready to perform My Word and in Jer 33:3."Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things. Lord I pray everyone in this forum, gets a revalation of, the raiseing from the dead power you place inside us, from our Lord Christ Jesus. I pray you open our eyes to see and our ears to hear and understand what we really have in Christ. I pray we step out and live victorious in this fallen world. Because you said we are the head and not the tail. Lord, you said in Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. I pray life into the people of this forum. All I ask is in Jesus' Name. Thank you Lord Praise be your glorious Name.

This sounds a lot like Deism, you know? Once God gives you the strength, you don't need Him anymore?

I'm being serious - think about it.

As Dave mentioned above - Paul asked the Lord 3 times to remove a thorn in the flesh.

Now why did Paul not command the "thorn" to be removed? Was Paul praying unscripturally?

Then the Lord responded, "My grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in weakness."

Are you your own god, or is God your God?

I don't know who you've talked to in the past. God give's us our strength and we do need God. Nothing can be done without God. Not every prayer is answered.

I've been a follower of Jesus since I was 4 or 5. I grew up listening to several preachers and teachers and pastors and ministers - including people who taught exactly what you are promoting here. I've had a lot of time to assess this teaching.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked about Paul?

And why do you not respond to what I posted about love?

What does that have to do with what I was talking about?

I thought id did answer your question about Paul. Not every prayer gets answered, we don't get everything we want and, Paul's prayer happened to get answered. Praise God. I'll look at that post on love.

Is that prayer correct to have a born again Christian to keep asking for his salvation? In my opinion No, i believe that is a prayer of unbelief! Because if he prayed in his heart Rom 10: 9-10 is is saved. We all believe that scripture!

We don't believe the scriptures of healing, peace, joy, prosperity, that God Has given to us. Because we've all asked for one these at one time in our life.

1 Peter 2:24 (New King James Version)

24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

1 Peter 2:24 (New International Version)

24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

You can believe that God bore our sins on the cross; but not believe we were healed, 2000 years ago.

Peace

Edited by Believer112

He did not twist anything he made an observation.

You can call it whatever you feel comfortable with, he said David's words are an insult to Christ.

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us.

He did not twist anything he made an observation.

You can call it whatever you feel comfortable with, he said David's words are an insult to Christ.

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us.

If a New Testament saint would have prayed that prayer. Would that have been an insult to Christ? Knowing what Jesus did for us! Thats what he was saying. Your prejudeces against teacher are twisting what you read. He wasn't criticizing King David for that prayer during his time only us for saying that prayer in our time. It diminishes what Jesus has done for us! If we keep asking for things the Word says Jesus gave us is plain unbelief.

I thought id did answer your question about Paul. Not every prayer gets answered, we don't get everything we want and, Paul's prayer happened to get answered. Praise God.

OK, I didn't see that as your answer.

Because it does not answer what I asked:

~~~~~

~~~~

I'll look at that post on love.

Here is what I said:

Imagine a teenagers finally given the car keys. The teen says, "Thanks Dad!" and runs off with the car. Then he shows of "his" car to his friends, boasts of "his" driving skills, etc. - yet he never acknowledges the car is his father's, the driving skills he attained were worked into him by his father, even the keys are his father's.

And that's what I see with the WOF - it's all about me and my ability and my faith and my confession and my prayer.

Where is the intimacy with the Lord in all of this? Where is the laying down of pride? And where is the training in love - the greatest command?

And then the Scriptures:

Jer. 9:23-24

23 Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches ; 24 but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth ; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

1 Cor. 13:2b - if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Is that prayer correct to have a born again Christian to keep asking for his salvation?

I do not understand why you keep bringing up this argument. To what statement of mine are you rebutting?

....If a New Testament saint would have prayed that prayer. Would that have been an insult to Christ? Knowing what Jesus did for us! Thats what he was saying. Your prejudices against teacher are twisting what you read. He wasn't criticizing King David for that prayer during his time only us for saying that prayer in our time. It diminishes what Jesus has done for us! If we keep asking for things the Word says Jesus gave us is plain unbelief.....

Does Your Teacher Teach You That The Jesus Of The Second Testament Is The GOD Of The First Testament?

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

And He Is The God Of Creation And Of Abraham And Isaac And Jacob And David?

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

That OT Believers Also Carry His Holy Holy Holy Name?

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

That The Holy Spirit Lead Their Prayers?

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Psalms 51:10-12

And That Their Prayers Are Our Prayers Too?

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. Matthew 6:13

>>>>>()<<<<<

Beloved Please Keep These Treasures

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments. Psalms 119:176

The Holy Spirit Gave To Us Through Abraham & Sons

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Acts 13:22

>>>>>()<<<<<

Rejoice Evermore

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

In His Salvation

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

Does Your Teacher Teach You That The Jesus Of The Second Testament Is The GOD Of The First Testament?

Well spoken!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us. God created a new heart in us when we were born again (2 Cor. 5:17) and sealed it with His Holy Spirit so it would never be polluted again (Eph. 1:13). He promised He would never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5), and His love, joy, and peace are now a permanent part of our born-again spirits (Gal. 5:22). Yet multitudes of New Testament Christians pray and sing the exact opposite of this.

This is what I believe.

Who's teachings are these? Yes, I know we can find those in the Word, but where did you cut and paste that from? Who wrote?

Would you mind posting that prayer? I'd like to see it.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit" (Ps. 51:10-12).

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us. God created a new heart in us when we were born again (2 Cor. 5:17) and sealed it with His Holy Spirit so it would never be polluted again (Eph. 1:13). He promised He would never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5), and His love, joy, and peace are now a permanent part of our born-again spirits (Gal. 5:22). Yet multitudes of New Testament Christians pray and sing the exact opposite of this.

David had the Holy Spirit.

This is why he is asking God not to take it from him.

The word of God came to all the Prohets, by the Holy Spirit.

Edited by 1Mind1Spirit