• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

[nebula] wrote,

If someone prays, "God, get the devil off my back," because they cannot resist the devil with their own strength - is it unscriptural to call on the Lord for deliverance? Since when are we supposed to rely on our own strength anyway?

Sure, God gave us power. But does He want our faith to be in our power, or even the power He gave us, rather than on Him?

Romans 4:20

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,

Ephesians 3:16

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

First, I believe the power of Jesus ( IN US!) is greater than powers, pricipalitie .... One of these days I'll have scripture memorized.

Second, Faith in God is power!

Third, the words that usually come after "but" is unbelief.

Lord you said in Jer 1:12."I am ready to perform My Word and in Jer 33:3."Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things. Lord I pray everyone in this forum, gets a revalation of, the raiseing from the dead power you place inside us, from our Lord Christ Jesus. I pray you open our eyes to see and our ears to hear and understand what we really have in Christ. I pray we step out and live victorious in this fallen world. Because you said we are the head and not the tail. Lord, you said in Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. I pray life into the people of this forum. All I ask is in Jesus' Name. Thank you Lord Praise be your glorious Name.

This sounds a lot like Deism, you know? Once God gives you the strength, you don't need Him anymore?

I'm being serious - think about it.

As Dave mentioned above - Paul asked the Lord 3 times to remove a thorn in the flesh.

Now why did Paul not command the "thorn" to be removed? Was Paul praying unscripturally?

Then the Lord responded, "My grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in weakness."

Did the Lord do this because Paul prayed wrong?

Or was the Lord using this to rely on Him (the Lord) and not on himself (Paul)?

Are you your own god, or is God your God?

I don't know who you've talked to in the past. God give's us our strength and we do need God. Nothing can be done without God. Not every prayer is answered.

I've been a follower of Jesus since I was 4 or 5. I grew up listening to several preachers and teachers and pastors and ministers - including people who taught exactly what you are promoting here. I've had a lot of time to assess this teaching.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked about Paul?

And why do you not respond to what I posted about love?

A born again Christian asking for God to save them. A good prayer to pray?

What does that have to do with what I was talking about?

I thought id did answer your question about Paul. Not every prayer gets answered, we don't get everything we want and, Paul's prayer happened to get answered. Praise God. I'll look at that post on love.

Is that prayer correct to have a born again Christian to keep asking for his salvation? In my opinion No, i believe that is a prayer of unbelief! Because if he prayed in his heart Rom 10: 9-10 is is saved. We all believe that scripture!

We don't believe the scriptures of healing, peace, joy, prosperity, that God Has given to us. Because we've all asked for one these at one time in our life.

1 Peter 2:24 (New King James Version)

24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousnessby whose stripes you were healed.

1 Peter 2:24 (New International Version)

24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

You can believe that God bore our sins on the cross; but not believe we were healed, 2000 years ago.

Peace

Grace to you,

Regarding prayers for Salvation a dear friend of mine who is also a Pastor has said, "The man who doesn't find himself in the position of daily repentance is either perfect or has seriously defrauded himself." :wub:

As has been explained to you in context. David was praying for the Lord to forgive him over the incident with Bathsheba. He had departed from God and His Word in his sin. David knew full well the seriousness of the Lord's Holy Spirit being removed from him. After all, he saw King Saul in a constant state of confusion and distress and only the Spirit that was with David could calm him or bring relief.

The difference between the two men was that David had a heart after God therefore he sought daily repentance. :wub:

peace,

Dave

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I think everyone here has allowed satan to deceive them about the Word and God.

How nice. All you do is condemn folks for not believing the false things you do.

Titus 3

10 After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy,

11 knowing that he who is such has been perverted, and sins, being self-condemned.

Shaking the dust off now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Family,

I believe it's time to close this thread now.

peace,

Dave