• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:laugh: This "unicorn' can weigh up to 3000 lb, and run at a top speed of about 30 mph. It is a showoff, and although it's bad temper is exaggerated, come close to it and it will dance around and run back and forth, and it is very nimble on it's feet.

I have seen a rhino during a release from a game capture vehicle run from the crate for about 30 yards, put one foot down and almost do a 180 degree turn. Then destroy a Land Rover :laugh:

So yeah I guess it is a contender for "unicorn".

I would not think the white rhino was though. The difference being it is a grazer, and the black rhino a browser. The white rhino can't lift it's head up too far, (it sort of shuffles when it runs)while the black can, in order to get to the leaves it eats off acacia thorn trees (no wonder it is bad tempered - thorns for breakfast?). In the capture pens, the walkway around the edge has to be over 7 ft high in the case of a black rhino, because it can get its horn up that high. A white rhino can't, because of its head down grazing position.

Is God not great!!!!!

Two similar animals. One made to eat low, and one to eat high. One living on grassland, and one living in thickets. No competition!

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow - learn something new every day!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Strongs 7214...a wild bull

Reem, reh-am...masculine noun....from the root word 7213, ra'am, to rise or be lifted up.

probably the great aurochs or wild bulls which are now extinct. The exact meaning is unknown.

Gesenius's lexicon....a wild animal, fierce and untamed, resembling an ox, as a wild ass resembles a wild ass.

Of all my english translations, the King James is the only one that uses the word unicorn, The MKJV and NKJV both use the term wild ox.