• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

http://www.news.com.au/national/muslim-women-protest-against-push-to-ban-burka-in-australia/story-e6frfkvr-1225926494355

I don't know why Fred Nile is doing this :taped:. They are already trying to remove christian liberties, what he is doing here (if it passes) is opening the door and setting new standards for the manner in which they are allowed to remove even more of our liberties.

I haven't weighed into this debate at worthy, but I'm hoping this ban falls flat on it's face.

Just wait until one of those hidden faces turns out to be a bomber who is captured on CCTV planting the bomb but because people thought it was a bad thing to have a law which bans the concealing of one's face, you will not be able to identify who it is. But hey, as long as we don't step on anyone's rights while giving up our own. We all know how Islam is a religion of peace and that the vast majority of them are peaceful moderates.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

I have heard endless reasons why Muslim women wear the burqa etc from copying the Muslim prophets wives to modesty...so with regard to modesty, one Muslim woman said she started wearing the burqa at 27 because she wanted to and chose to be modest - excuse me? Does that mean for the previous 20 odd years she had been 'immodest' ?? And if wearing a burqa signifies a womans modesty, then what does that say for the rest of us women who "choose" not to cover ourselves..? Are we trash?

If the burqa is banned, there will be somewhat of a loss of "religious" freedom that will surely impact upon Christianity as well as other faiths. There are so many downsides to the burqa in general and security issues is a major one in this climate of global terrorism fear. It will be very interesting to see what will be the outcome to all of this as there is a massive worldwide anti Muslim swing at the moment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

http://www.news.com....r-1225926494355

I don't know why Fred Nile is doing this :taped:. They are already trying to remove christian liberties, what he is doing here (if it passes) is opening the door and setting new standards for the manner in which they are allowed to remove even more of our liberties.

I haven't weighed into this debate at worthy, but I'm hoping this ban falls flat on it's face.

In all this thought I noticed that freedom equals choice and that restriction of freedom is restriction of choice. In the beginning God saw that it was good and choice was there... because of the nature of evil it only wants obedience to its whims, demands actually, for all do sin! When choice was directed to disobedience by the man (Adam) they both became aware of the first restriction of clothing for they kew that they were naked and covering was necessary but it all pointed to the covering of the Blood of God's precious Son... Everyday when I wake I can either think of greeting my Heavenly Father and Son By the Spirit within me or other... because I am His does not always mean my thoughts will be of Him first, but more and more they are and this comes not by demand but by reason and choice from within- this choice based on reason is that there is nothing else to go to that is living, there is no other truth, no other way... I will not live my day in creating a god from the resources around me- I will live my day in learning of Who He is and where He is bringing me to. He has loved me so much that He has told me all things... One of the major truths of God is that He is perfect light and in Him is no darkness, nothing hidden, and He says in the eternities it will all be so! Our lives now (the born again) is preparation for this existence in a place that is anti- to this concept. So in this case where hidden is freedom, it is actually a lie to hide identity. Identity is required for testimony as to good works... this is an obedience to God unto others by self sacrifice "a witness". It is quite clear how death and hell must be swallowed up for one cannot be a part of the other and God will have no restrictions in the eternities for unbounded freedom is the eternities in Him... Love Steven

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Muhammed's wife was catholic do you really think that she wore a burqa or do you suppose she dressed with jewels and had the liberty that the burqa wearing women only wish they had.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Muhammed's wife was catholic do you really think that she wore a burqa or do you suppose she dressed with jewels and had the liberty that the burqa wearing women only wish they had.

Wow where does this info come from? It's the first I have ever heard of it. Wasn't his wife 9?

Wow where does this info come from? It's the first I have ever heard of it. Wasn't his wife 9?

Some Food For Thought

Muhammad's Wives