kiwi5x

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It sounds to me like you know the right way but you aren't choosing to walk that way. I've had this question myself going on silently inside of my heart being, "If I am saved why am I still sinning? I thought the idea of getting saved was

to be saved from sin and yet I was still sinning. When we say yes to Christ it means to turn from our wicked ways turn from unrighteousness (wrong doing) to walking righteous (doing that which is right) in the sight of God. The Lord has given to us his will being the Word of God and as an individual you have to read and study the Bible for within is instructions that teaches us to walk the way God would have us walk before him.

[Romans 1:16-17] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed(made known) from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The righteousness of God is in the gospel (the Word of God the Bible) being the power of God unto salvation to every body that believes it by faith and those who do believe and have been justified by faith in God will walk and live by faith in the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation.

As far as doubt goes we all have had times of doubt. Jesus was all the time rebuking his disciples for their lack of faith.

The Bible talks about doubting Thomas and Jesus told him to thrust his hand in his side and his finger into his nail prints so that he could see and know then Jesus said blessed is he who believes though he has not seen. I haven't seen Jesus in the flesh but I know and believe he died on the cross and arose from the dead by faith and I confess that.

[Romans 10:8-11, 13] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus Christ, and shalt believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. vs. 13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Well there it is and it 's the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is the word of faith,"

The confusion that you say you are going through is not from God and is not your own for it is meant to destroy your faith in God. It is a tactic Satan uses within our minds to thrawt God's plan for your life. God has plans for good in this life for you but on the other hand Satan the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. [John 10:10]

[1 Corinthtians 14:33] For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Whenever you are going through confusion as soon as it starts and you realize it is going on just stop and make those thoughts obedient to Christ. [2 Cor. 10:4-5]

[Romans 12:1-2] I BESEECH you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

When we first come to Christ we come to know him as our Saviour and we start to have fellowship with him. But Christ is also our Deliverer and we need to have a relationship with Christ as our deliverer as well. And whenever we find ourselves ensnared then we can call out in faith to God until our deliverance comes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi,

If you''re still struggling with your problem after all of these postings, pm me I believe I can help you.

riel (reborn into eternal life)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So you think I'm saved? I just wish I could have a normal testimony, like others, where they knew they were lost and then got saved, unlike me who has prayed several times to God about salvation and went through a bunch of doubt...i mean when someone asks about my testimony, what do I even say..?

and how should I over come this sin. It's weird - I know it's wrong , but I don't feel bad (yet, at least)...is that bad? I hate being confused...

I came to Jesus when I was four or five years old. I think you might have more of a testimony than me! :laugh:

But actually, my testimony is why I've stayed with Jesus these nearly four decades.

Salvation is only the gateway to the Kingdom of God. There is so much more to follow afterward. Not all of us are called to be evangelists. Did you know there are people who consider it their mission field to simply worship the Lord all day, or all night?

Look at the original 12 Apostles. Did any of them have a dramatic "how I got saved" testimony?

When someone asks for your testimony, it suffices to say you heard and believed. Do you have any idea how many people would have preferred your testimony to theirs? Seriously, I've heard such from others about my testimony - because I don't have the regrets they have. I was saved from fornication, drug addiction, alcoholism, New Age, spiritualism, witchcraft, stealing, etc. . . . because following Jesus kept me from getting into these things to begin with. (Want to borrow that one? ;) )

As for your sin - I don't know what it is or how severe it is. But here is the thing, sin is pleasurable; if it were not it would not be a temptation. Turning from sin is about making a choice, not about feeling bad about it. Plenty of people feel bad about their sin but never repent of it. So how you feel is not a measure of faith or the lack thereof.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Hello there, Sister....

I too had accepted Christ many times, but deep in my heart, I was never really sure of my salvation... until I have fallen in love with him....

But I will not talk about salvation itself -- I myself believe that you are already saved -- I think that you are only looking for some reassurances, some evidences, of your salvation. I understand this; our faith, after all, is based on evidences about the reality of God....

My only advice to you is to keep on seeking God.... And then someday, when he and the new creation that he makes you into are already very real in your life, you will find that you already have that assurances that you want....

And then you too can say, "I am a child of God, and I am going to heaven when I die."

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Kiwi -

Being born again does not mean we become perfect. It does not mean sin no longer tempts us. It does not mean we are immune to giving in to temptation.

Have you read Romans 6-8? Why did Paul call himself a wretched man?

Or 1 John? What did John say about sin at the end of ch. 1 through the beginning of ch. 2?

Right. We must allways be vigilant!

Blessings

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

oh man i think ive gotten myself caught in a trap......i feel like im addicted to this sin....i know i can overcome it and half of me wants to but the other half doesn't....

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:4

>>>>>()<<<<<

oh man i think ive gotten myself caught in a trap......i feel like im addicted to this sin....i know i can overcome it and half of me wants to but the other half doesn't....

Looking For Love

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

In All The Right Places

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

And You Will Never

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:1-3

Be Ashamed

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 9:33

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Love, Your Brother Joe

>>>>>()<<<<<

It Is Written

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Ok, guys - I've decided to be straight up and honest with you. I figured if I told you my exact problem, I could get some exact answers (not saying that you're answers are wrong, there are many good ones and I thank you all for them) Ok so in the past, only a couple times, I watched like maybe a few (literally a few) videos of girls kissing. I'd also have thoughts about my best friend, who is a girl. (I'm a girl also) It was only a few times and then I dismissed it and stopped, but then sunday I watched some more videos, and every day since I've been watching more and more videos of girls kissing, and stuff. I've also had more and more thoughts about my friend, but I'm not going to say anything b/c she's straight and christian. Everytime I see her I get really happy, and she's so beautiful, I think I like her, which is wrong! What should I do guys? I mean I use to doubt my salvation and now it's worse b/c I think would a christian really do this, and the bad part is I don't feel that bad about it. I do know it's wrong but I don't feel that bad, and that's what scares me. I feel like I have chains around me and I thought I could handle it and all of a sudden something yanked on them and I tripped and now I'm being dragged and I can't get loose. I know christ can/will forgive me, but Idk what to do b/c now Idk if I'm really saved and half of me doesn't want to stop. I'm a very selfish person, considering what christ did. I hope none of you guys hate me or get too disturbed, if so I'm sorry.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

So you think I'm saved? I just wish I could have a normal testimony, like others, where they knew they were lost and then got saved, unlike me who has prayed several times to God about salvation and went through a bunch of doubt...i mean when someone asks about my testimony, what do I even say..?

and how should I over come this sin. It's weird - I know it's wrong , but I don't feel bad (yet, at least)...is that bad? I hate being confused...

do you know what salvation is and what it encompasses. maybe that's the problem. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ok, guys - I've decided to be straight up and honest with you. I figured if I told you my exact problem, I could get some exact answers (not saying that you're answers are wrong, there are many good ones and I thank you all for them) Ok so in the past, only a couple times, I watched like maybe a few (literally a few) videos of girls kissing. I'd also have thoughts about my best friend, who is a girl. (I'm a girl also) It was only a few times and then I dismissed it and stopped, but then sunday I watched some more videos, and every day since I've been watching more and more videos of girls kissing, and stuff. I've also had more and more thoughts about my friend, but I'm not going to say anything b/c she's straight and christian. Every time I see her I get really happy, and she's so beautiful, I think I like her, which is wrong! What should I do guys? I mean I use to doubt my salvation and now it's worse b/c I think would a Christian really do this, and the bad part is I don't feel that bad about it. I do know it's wrong but I don't feel that bad, and that's what scares me. I feel like I have chains around me and I thought I could handle it and all of a sudden something yanked on them and I tripped and now I'm being dragged and I can't get loose. I know Christ can/will forgive me, but Idk what to do b/c now Idk if I'm really saved and half of me doesn't want to stop. I'm a very selfish person, considering what Christ did. I hope none of you guys hate me or get too disturbed, if so I'm sorry.

Loved one lets reason together for a moment: Rom 7(all) Paul teaches us of the flesh verses spirit... and the key to victory is reckoning our bodies of no value and Christ and the spiritual life everything! How do we increase in spirit to overcome the sexual tendencies of sin by keeping our minds stayed upon Him... when we are offered temptations in our eye gates we turn and do not look, we remove ourselves from the temptation and we ask our Lord to forgive us our sin and deliver us so that we may glorify Him who loves us so pure and undefiled!!! This is the practice of taking up our cross and following after Jesus because there is no other life to be had except in Him!

Matt 16:24-27

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

NKJV

Could you imagine fresh into the act of immorality and heart attack occurs and you are instantly standing before Christ who has given His all unto you... This is the fear of the Lord that lies before me daily moment by moment because for myself I desire to be found in obedience to His Word and to look into His eyes and know He is pleased with me... He has suffered everything for me and this is true in my being

1 John 3:16-23

By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? 18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

NKJV

Loved one!

I have seen perversions of immoralities so great and horrific that it is quite clear that what I have just said is pure white driven snow of God's Holy Truth.... I have seen children in large cities suffer great wickedness and I know why hell is and why it is eternal!!! May God our Holy Father lead you into the foundation of eternal truths that pass not away! Satan wishes you to be stupid and focus only on the moment don't worry about the consequences just enjoy the sin! This will be repugnant to you if you are active in searching His Word and full out desiring His pleasure with your obediences to Him...

Ps 97:10-12

10 You who love the Lord, hate evil!

He preserves the souls of His saints;

He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown for the righteous,

And gladness for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous,

And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.

NKJV

May you find you find the pleasure of sin for a season not as desirable as the glory of your obedience unto Him for eternity...

Heb 11:25-26

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.

KJV

Love Steven