IGNORED

Are all people who think they are saved really sav

Guest C.D. Light

Guest Fabrice

Ugh I can't breathe ... You give only Scriptures that's nice but can you explain in your own words please ?

I like that passage of Mat 7: 21-23 and I'm totally okay with that. That's why I said we have to humiliate before God and repent. That's the will of God, been close to Him.

We are only human beings, who can say he's perfect and does all the will of God ? So if that person who's very good sins, means he's not from God or what ? Because he didn't obey. Why did Jesus die on the cross then ? It's to wash our sins. Therefore God even forgets them, that's why God seeks for faith, not actions. And we can evaluate the faith of someone by his acts ! And what are these acts ? These are acts of love, kindness, patience, ... all the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22 I think).

What if I don't do things that I want to do for God ? Is it a demon ? Is it that I don't want ? Am I condemned because I don't do things I would like to do because of the (lets say) power of the flesh ?

I that to be cleared in my mind  :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Fabrice,

You said;

God seeks for pure HEARTS and people who have FAITH.

I think you pretty much answered you own question.

Guest Fabrice

Okay but then we can't say we are not saved because we sin, that's all. Even if it's voluntary.

SO I think it's rubbish to put a post like this in here. It can only make people doubt about the faith they have.

You see, I try to do my best for Him and now that post tells me that if I don't feel like as if Jesus took control of my heart and that I make my own ways sometimes, I'm not saved ... sorry but for me I think Jesus wouldn't tell me that. So if I love God I AM saved and "." !

How can we know we are saved by the way ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Fabrice,

You said:

You see, I try to do my best for Him and now that post tells me that if I don't feel like as if Jesus took control of my heart and that I make my own ways sometimes, I'm not saved ... sorry but for me I think Jesus wouldn't tell me that. So if I love God I AM saved and "." !

You don't have to feel that Jesus took controle over your heart, you have to KNOW that you gave Him your whole heart and accept that He died on the cross to forgive your sins.

This is the only way to have insurance in your heart that Jesus saved you, there is not 1 thing in the world you can do yourself to save yourself!

After you become saved Jesus will change your heart and you become a new creation you will have a new clean heart, and when you sin, you can ask God to forgive you and He will.

As a born again Christian you do not want to sin because it grieves God, but when you do, your heavenly Father will forgive you if you confess your sins. (believe me, we do still sin, but we don't like it when we do!) Its the old nature what wants to take controle back.

You said also:

(How can we know we are saved by the way ?)

The only way of knowing is to make sure you repent from your sins, accept that Jesus died on the cross for you and you become part of Gods family! He will adopt you in His family!

Love in Christ,Angels

Isn't that a great promise? :thumb:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Fabrice,

I believe you are upset at what I have presented in the Word.  I would just say that i am speaking in particular of "willful ongoing lifestyles of sin".  Man knows when he is abiding in the Lord or abiding in the dark, it is whether or not he is willing to repent of it or not, whether or not he is willing to want to surrender unto the power of the Lord Jesus Christ, and admit our sin and give Him power to defeat it, but we must surrender to His will.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

SO I think it's rubbish to put a post like this in here. It can only make people doubt about the faith they have.

Which post are you calling rubbish Fabrice?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Suzie: What a beautifully worded post... almost poetic.  :thumb:

Guest Fabrice

HEY BUT I'M TIRED OF ASKING FORGIVNESS ! I do sin with my OWN will. I ask forgiveness and ten years later my friends I still make that sin.

So now, as I'm tired of asking God to forgive, I'm not forgiven because I don't ask Him, then what ? I'm going to hell ? I have to get on my knees ? Condemnation is beginning to take over MY will to follow Christ. I have no more strength to ask God.

Timothy, the rubbish was the first one.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Fabrice I have a good book I would recommend to you. It is called: The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee. George has it at worthybooks or you can order it from Amazon.com. The book of Romans Chapters 7 & 8 explain this very well Fabrice, and I would advice a study on those chapters using Watchman Nee's book. Paul had this same struggle with sin (we all do). Does that make you lost, no? Lost people don't struggle with sin, they just sin with no struggle at all. Knowing whether someone is a true Christian by their fruits is not judging, its knowing that there are wolves in sheep's clothing among us, blending in in the church. They will act like Christians at church and have a totally different lifestyle at home. Paul admonishes us to: Examine ourselves daily, so that we are sure we are in the faith.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Fabrice,

I understand you have been burdened for a long time.  Please know that you can be set free, but you must first consider the cost.  Are you willing?

In His Love,

Suzanne