• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I agree 110%!!

I also think that it's importaint to let those knew christians that us other christians are there for them any time.

:shocked:

Kelly

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Amen, Kelly :D  Sadly, there is so much indifference to the burdens we all carry.  -Cat

I wish everyone would read and reread 1 Cor 13.   :D

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

So, we

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Kelly,

Knowing you are UPC, do you believe that people outside your church can be born again and therefore saved?

I know a lady who goes to your church and she does not believe that Christians who don't go to the UPC can be safed.

What is your statement of doctrine??

Thank, In Christ,Angels

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Amen, Suzanne! I also believe we must be gracious to our brothers who fall  - always willing to forgive them.

In Luke, Ch. 6 we are told that IF we show mercy to others we will be shown mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

If we forgive, we shall be forgiven. The measure we use  will be measured to us in kind.

It amounts to, "Do to other people what you would want done to you." So simple.

I tend to think we see God the Father in light of our earthly fathers.

For some, this is   difficult because our fathers were harsh or abusive. Some were absent and still others only showed marginal approval when we measured up to some parental standard of excellence.  

*Hmmmmm, that one strikes a nerve...*

We read the same Bible but perceive our heavenly Father in light of our earthly experiences. We all bring so much baggage to the walk of faith.                     -Cat

Amen, Suzanne! I also believe we must be gracious to our brothers who fall  - always willing to forgive them.

If you are responding to the other post, I agree, but you must first have a repentant brother, who has been instructed in Truth.  

In His Truth,

Suzanne

The presence of the Holy Spirit in a  person's life is evidence of a true believer we are told.  However, we will be judged by our motives. Only God knows our true hearts, if we are living for Him or are seeking our own glory and selfish gain. We each need to examine ourselves to see  if our faith is genuine and authentic.  When we become believers, we do not suddenly become perfect.  It takes a lifetime to become more and more like Christ, and it is only through Christ that this can be accomplished.  We also need to be surrounded by other believers who can mentor, encourage, love and accept us right where we are at in our walks, and help us to strive to be all that God desires for us to  be.  I thank God for those God has placed in my life. What a wonderful journey.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Matt 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Galatians 1:4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

I think for me that post is horrible ! It accuses me of my sins in place of telling me I have Life without merit!

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?

Ro 6:2

Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

Ro 6:6

knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Romans 6:16

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

The blood of Jesus Christ is powerful, and we should not deny the power of God. Grace does not negate obedience.  It facilitates it.