The watered down gospel online

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I believe that the watering down of the gospel online is part of the huge spiritual war we are in.

Some of the applications and pages that get recommended to me on facebook are just.... bleh!

The latest, "texts from Jesus" promises you a text from Jesus daily, with this blurb:

Who hasn't wanted to hear from Jesus once in awhile? How about every day? Now you can, and not just in the King James version but with three more choices of diction: Modern English, Hip Hop and LOLJesus.

Choice wine diluted with water!

I just realised this was a huge mockery :(. So sad to see His Word trashed like this :emot-fail:.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I believe that the watering down of the gospel online is part of the huge spiritual war we are in.

Some of the applications and pages that get recommended to me on facebook are just.... bleh!

The latest, "texts from Jesus" promises you a text from Jesus daily, with this blurb:

Who hasn't wanted to hear from Jesus once in awhile? How about every day? Now you can, and not just in the King James version but with three more choices of diction: Modern English, Hip Hop and LOLJesus.

I can only assume that the love of money is at the root of these things, because the Scriptures have a huge world-wide audience and are commercially lucrative. ( I wonder if any spoke in Middle-Eastern Hip Hop at Pentecost? :cool: )

I wonder if any spoke in Middle-Eastern Hip Hop at Pentecost? :cool:

Botz :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

I can only assume that the love of money is at the root of these things, because the Scriptures have a huge world-wide audience and are commercially lucrative. ( I wonder if any spoke in Middle-Eastern Hip Hop at Pentecost? :cool: )

Right

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I used to see folks getting the "on this day, God wants you to know" type of application. It was always some sort of vague, fluffy something or another that sounds like it would've came from the "health and wealth" bunch. I don't believe I ever used the app myself but I wound up blocking it from my news feed after it gave a message about there being different paths to God. :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1986

People of God I sincerely believe if we pray this trash down, and continue to promote righteousness on forums and other websites, God will somehow intervene. Let's pray about this folks.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

People of God I sincerely believe if we pray this trash down, and continue to promote righteousness on forums and other websites, God will somehow intervene. Let's pray about this folks.

I will join you in prayer for this, CD2. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

Right there with you CD2.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

God's Word foretells these things, and we are seeing them come to pass as we converse. The coming one-world religion will bear little or no resemblance to God's Word. It's apparent that we are nearing the end days of this Age of Grace. The stage is being set for the Tribulation Period.

2 Timothy 4:2-5 KJV Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

As Christians, we should know what our duties are until God comes to take us Home. May God give us all the strength, determination, and guidance to do His Will until the last moment.

Ephesians 6:11-20 KJV Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.