• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Which scriptures show grumbling and complaining as cursing?

Do you mean complaining is bringing someone else down?

Think about what words get used. Maybe you are different?

"Stupid computer!" or "Stupid car!" is putting a curse on the computer or the car.

"I'm such a slob," "Nothing ever goes right for me," "This always happens to me," 'I can't do anything right," etc. are putting curses on yourself.

"These people drive me crazy!" is putting a curse on the people.

Make sense?

i usually try to surround myself by positive things so i don't have to worry about cursing thoughts. :wub:

Yeah, well . . . that's part of my problem. Long story, but forcing myself to do this hasn't been successful so far. Not disagreeing with your conclusion, just struggling to get there.

The "think on these things" verse in Philippians is one I've been longing for for years.

:emot-pray: Lord, I'm failing in this area, help me to side with you against myself. I'm tired of stumbling and skinning my knee's. Your Glory is what I seek. I ask You to crucify my fleshy desires in this area and to raise up your ressurected and victorious life over it.:wub:

Then I pay attention to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and when the situation arises I seek the Lord's Grace rather than my own strength.:thumbsup: ...

Thanks for that prayer, Dave.

That sounds like a great idea.

During these times, I pray and ask God to forgive me, then help me. He has shown me those complaining and grumping words are idle thoughts spoken out loud, and it doesn't matter weather unspoken. He shared that I will be judged by those words one day. I haven't not conquered this issue yet, but a new found revelation is to repent the moment it is caught and before I go to bed to make sure I ask for forgiveness of any act that may have been overlooked, plus plead for deliverance.

Good perspective - thanks!

Does not matter if it is an inanimate object like a motor cycle you are trying to fix (I used to kick that sort of thing until it learned some sense, and once threw an office chair that refused to be fixed through a window...), or a person (never threw one of them through a window...wanted to, but never did).

:24:

Use the 30 second rule. Take 30 seconds to stop doing whatever you are doing and just concentrate on forgiveness. 30 seconds is a long time!

OK - thanks.

P.S. Does this work driving on the 55-65 mph (supposedly) highway?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

But I need to get my mind engaged, too. Problem is, my mind is blank. I'm sure this is a part of my chronic depression problem (people with chronic depression aren't known for being positive thinkers, if you know what I mean).

So, how to develop non-cursing thoughts when things go wrong?

I've had similar situations. Once I was heading through town and while approaching a crossing which had a stop sign for those crossing to stop. I noticed a car that wasn't slowing down as I was just about to drive through and slammed on my brakes. A lady was driving and had a cellphone up to her ear and I saw her look the other direction while driving right on through the stop sign but never even looked in my direction as she passed about 5' in front of me. Never even bothered to honk my horn at her. I grumbled and complained quite a bit but it was more because of seeing the cellphone up to her ear.

I then heard the Holy Spirit say, you're not even thankful that she didn't hit you. I thought about that for a second and then realized that I was passing up the chance to thank God for not being hit, just to grumble about someone on the phone and not paying attention. Trying to find something in the situation to be thankful for first has helped me out since that experience. :)

Trying to find something in the situation to be thankful for first has helped me out since that experience. :)

Thanks for the testimony and encouragement.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

But I need to get my mind engaged, too. Problem is, my mind is blank. I'm sure this is a part of my chronic depression problem (people with chronic depression aren't known for being positive thinkers, if you know what I mean).

So, how to develop non-cursing thoughts when things go wrong?

I've had similar situations. Once I was heading through town and while approaching a crossing which had a stop sign for those crossing to stop. I noticed a car that wasn't slowing down as I was just about to drive through and slammed on my brakes. A lady was driving and had a cellphone up to her ear and I saw her look the other direction while driving right on through the stop sign but never even looked in my direction as she passed about 5' in front of me. Never even bothered to honk my horn at her. I grumbled and complained quite a bit but it was more because of seeing the cellphone up to her ear.

I then heard the Holy Spirit say, you're not even thankful that she didn't hit you. I thought about that for a second and then realized that I was passing up the chance to thank God for not being hit, just to grumble about someone on the phone and not paying attention. Trying to find something in the situation to be thankful for first has helped me out since that experience. :)

That is such good advice, 7thSeal. I am going to try that on my daily commute in this insane city. :cool:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Neb,

This has been a battle for me and really I just came face to face with it this week. Now here you have a thread on it. Could God be trying to tell me something? :b:

I sometmes grumbler when people don't give me an opportunity to speak. In my mind, I go back and forth telling them what I think :blink:. The Holy Spirit is brining this to the light. Just yesterday at work, I was explaining the correct way to do something. This person is a male and has no understanding how things are suppose to be tastefully done. His way is to just leave things after working with them as if its a construction site. I know that if you are repairing things and have to leave, you should stack things up, put somethings out of the reach of small children or someone who may walk in and trip, causing harm and the church will be placed in a situation to be sued. To make a long story short, I was able to clear some things up, but in the end fought with this person in my mind, by grumping. Did I win? YES! But the Holy Ghost pressed me and ask me was I right? NO!

During these times, I pray and ask God to forgive me, then help me. He has shown me those complaining and grumping words are idle thoughts spoken out loud, and it doesn't matter weather unspoken. He shared that I will be judged by those words one day. I haven't not conquered this issue yet, but a new found revelation is to repent the moment it is caught and before I go to bed to make sure I ask for forgiveness of any act that may have been overlooked, plus plead for deliverance.

I think ir IS important to ask for the Lord's forgiveness pretty much right away.....how easily we can forget our sins. :cool: