• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

i usually try to surround myself by positive things so i don't have to worry about cursing thoughts. :wub:

Yeah, well . . . that's part of my problem. Long story, but forcing myself to do this hasn't been successful so far. Not disagreeing with your conclusion, just struggling to get there.

The "think on these things" verse in Philippians is one I've been longing for for years.

I agree with you Nebula. The Lord showed me early in my walk that it wasnt the words per se that was swearing but the actual thought, and saying "gosh darn it" etc was as evil as the those words considered more vulgar. I repented of the sin of cursing and did seem free of it for awhile, but later i started emulating Homer and saying "doh" in a humerous way and i now believe i opened the door again. Looking back i realise the Holy Spirit was warning me not to say "doh" and that it was cursing, but it made people laugh and dismissed the still quiet voice to my detriment.

But the real problem is the heart and Jesus said whatever is in there will come out. Counting to ten and other such techniques may be useful infront of children and others, but theyre really just old wine skins. We need a new heart and not just a cover up, i think we really dont believe the scripture "the heart is wickedly deceitfull"

How do we get a new heart? I dont know yet, but im convinced anything short of it is just a new patch on an old cloth.