IGNORED

Advice Please!

Guest brandonjohn

Guest brandonjohn

There is a girl at my church who's been in a lot of trouble this year. Her parents caught her having a relationship with someone of the same gender. Our pastor asked me to spend time with her over the last few months and I have. I've called and kept up with her, letting her know she always had a friend in me. She seemed kind of reserved and unable to understand why people were coming down on her. I didn't judge her but tried to be supportive.

Then all of a sudden a couple of days ago, I called her and she told me to come by her house. When I got there she took me up to her room and before I knew it I had broken my vow of chastity with her. I really couldn't believe it and I was very sad. I called our pastor and told him what I'd done and to my shock he told me I'd done a good thing and was helping the girl. He told me that the right thing would be to keep doing it and help her be interested in men. I have always listened to our pastor so I did what he told me. But I'm so confused. I'd pledged to wait til I was married, pledged to stay pure for the wife I hope to have someday. I really don't know if I should keep this thing up with his girl or stop. Our pastor says I shouldn't. Someone please, please, please advise me! I need guidance so badly!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

My brother,

Please stop and think about this.

What she really needs is Jesus Christ. Are you leading her to Him? Or moving her and yourself away from Him?

As for the advice of this Pastor? :blink:

What will be his advice when she winds up pregnant? Or worse when the realization that you really don't care for her sets in and this thing falls apart?

Pr

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

No need to pray, Flee fornication!!!!! I can't believe your "pastor" told you to continue.

Edited by larryt

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

* Edited content*

Please, let's refrain from such comments in the future.

Thanks,

Bob

Worthy Servant

Edited by BobTriez

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244

Answer: Along with all other kinds of sexual immorality, sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes abstinence before marriage. Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).

Far too often we focus on the

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

* Edited out quote box *

BJ, I know from experience that Dr. Luke gives good advice. I'm praying for you.

Edited by BobTriez

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

brandonjohn,

Truly not a comfortable situation and my heart goes out to you in such dark times. The only salvation that I feel anyone can receive is within God's written word. The words of men are often times corrupt and misleading, even those of our leaders or those who are to be the head of the church. Unfortunately I cannot help but feel as though, though your pastor's intentions may be good his encouraging sexual immorality is wrong. Yes, it was a sin for the young woman which you have been aiding to have such a closeness with another young woman...but in her being with you it is not much different. Both are wrong. Look inside your heart, and turn your face to God. If you give the situation to him, and just lift it up in prayer the answers if not within God's written word, should be all the more clear within prayer. I do wish you the best in this most difficult situation. God Bless

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I'm sorry but I don'tbelieve this story. What pastor would say that?

Bahhhh!

Wolves in sheep's clothing.

Mt 7:15