kiwi5x

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so I'm a christian but I do have my doubts sometimes and lately several questions have been plaguing my mind. Heres one:

Why does God send people to hell? I know that we're all sinners and we dont deserve heaven, but why hell? I also understand that God is a just God and he is eternal and can't stand sin, and that our souls are eternal too, but I don't understand how burning forever and ever and ever is a just punishment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Ok so I'm a christian but I do have my doubts sometimes and lately several questions have been plaguing my mind. Heres one:

Why does God send people to hell? I know that we're all sinners and we dont deserve heaven, but why hell? I also understand that God is a just God and he is eternal and can't stand sin, and that our souls are eternal too, but I don't understand how burning forever and ever and ever is a just punishment.

that's a good question. i ask myself the same thing sometimes and i think we will never get a satisfactory answer, we need to walk by faith and know that god is good and just.

i also think it a matter of perspective......kinda like people sending themselves to hell for rejecting jesus after they here the gospel.

that's a good question. i ask myself the same thing sometimes and i think we will never get a satisfactory answer, we need to walk by faith and know that god is good and just.

i also think it a matter of perspective......kinda like people sending themselves to hell for rejecting jesus after they here the gospel.

thats true, i guess and what about ppl that have never heard of jesus, i kinda feel bad for them....i know God is a loving God but all these questions keep coming into my mind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I would say that God does not send people to hell. Its a choice you chose on earth. When you only have to places to live in eternity, one heaven and one hell, its not about punishment, as much as choice. You see he made hell not for humans, to begin with, but for the devil and his demons, you see he felt the punishment was just for them. Now If a human rejects God, he, by default accepts hell.

I would say that God does not send people to hell. Its a choice you chose on earth. When you only have to places to live in eternity, one heaven and one hell, its not about punishment, as much as choice. You see he made hell not for humans, to begin with, but for the devil and his demons, you see he felt the punishment was just for them. Now If a human rejects God, he, by default accepts hell.

i understand he created it for satan and stuff but why didnt he make somethng else for humans...not trying to doubt God but an eternal hell of fire, burning you for ever seems harsh...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I think that perhaps you don't see how evil sin is. Perhaps its beyond such evil that the only just punishment is that, death in hell. thats where his grace comes in. From what I understand is this. He made it so Humans could be redeemed only. The fallen angels have no such chance!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ok so I'm a Christian but I do have my doubts sometimes and lately several questions have been plaguing my mind. Heres one:

Why does God send people to hell? I know that we're all sinners and we don't deserve heaven, but why hell? I also understand that God is a just God and he is eternal and can't stand sin, and that our souls are eternal too, but I don't understand how burning forever and ever and ever is a just punishment.

God has used many lives and many years to fully tell us all things pertaining to life and Godliness

2 Peter 1:2-4

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

NKJV

because this nature is belonging to God alone and may only be given to those drawn by God by His Word. We await as all things

Rom 8:19-20

19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

NKJV

These sons (peoples) spoken of here are all who have recognized that God of the Holy Bible is the only Being that is worthy to be served and given glory to for all of the eternities in fact this need burns in our hearts as fire when walking in His Spirit and not fulfilling the lust of the flesh!

satan and his children want nothing to do with the above, but have so demonstrated that fact here among us. The fruit of sin alone should drive all toward God but then they would have to glorify Him as God and rightful to worship. The Word tells us this they will not do

Rom 1:21

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

KJV

What a lot of people don't consider is that satan and all his children that crucified Christ also witnessed a life that, from sun up to sun down, gave 100% of Himself to the needs of others, tirelessly, constantly, so that John said the world could not contain all that could be written about His works in three year period. All these peoples watched as they beat the body of the Life that performed all this good till He did not even appear as a man hanging there but mangled flesh that cried out "Father forgive them" ... yet they still will not humble themselves and ask to be made new because the old is ugly and unwanted. They say things like: why did God allow sin? God is responsible for if I were God! God is just trying to prevent me from fun... and until they cross over the valley of the shadow of death into His light those words Father forgive them are still available to accept and call upon the name of Jesus Christ to be saved... instead they call the perversions against life good and the Life of Christ bad! God therefore gives them in His wrath what they want an eternity with satan as their god in a place where God is not. Seeing how God is the only Creator and all that He creates is also gone... no food, yet hunger- no water, yet thirst- no rest, yet weary- endless needs with absolutely no fulfillments and a fire that is His wrath because they chose that over Him for all eternity!!!

Ezek 33:11-20

11 Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord God, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

The Fairness of God's Judgment

12 "Therefore you, O son of man, say to the children of your people: 'The righteousness of the righteous man shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression; as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall because of it in the day that he turns from his wickedness; nor shall the righteous be able to live because of his righteousness in the day that he sins.' 13 When I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, but he trusts in his own righteousness and commits iniquity, none of his righteous works shall be remembered; but because of the iniquity that he has committed, he shall die. 14 Again, when I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' if he turns from his sin and does what is lawful and right, 15 if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has stolen, and walks in the statutes of life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 16 None of his sins which he has committed shall be remembered against him; he has done what is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

17 "Yet the children of your people say, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' But it is their way which is not fair! 18 When the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he shall die because of it. 19 But when the wicked turns from his wickedness and does what is lawful and right, he shall live because of it. 20 Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' O house of Israel, I will judge every one of you according to his own ways."

NKJV

Ezekiel written around early 590's BC and some 620 some years later the Judge of all humanity sits down on a mountain side Matt 5:1 - Matt 6:28 and teaches what righteousness is.... every time I go there to be with Him in that place I go away confirmed that it is was Him alone that lived it perfectly and it speaks to me of my ever increasing need of Him by every preposition known in relation to my being and His... Our Lord is beautiful beyond description and we must bath ourselves daily in His life (blood)....

Only Christ's life and the life is in the blood covers me and the iniquity as far as the east is from the west and remembered no more....in fact the Judge is the Lord who traded with me my iniquities for His obediences.

Love Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Amen.

God does not send people to hell. People send people to hell.

God despairs at every person who does not choose Him and their salvation.

And my definition of hell is anywhere Jesus is not.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

God gave written instructions and Jesus to be with Him. As Fez says that not having God and Jesus is hell by itself .

Blessings

Know That Whosoever will, Can

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Or They Can Stay As

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

They Are

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

See!

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Yes?

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18

No?

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:19-20

Yes!

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:21

To Be Sure

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe