tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I have. But you know what, I don't know if that's true about someone not wanting to be married if they wanted to be a priest... Chastity and celibacy are both a matter of will. If one's will is aligned with God's we can accomplish anything.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

A matter of will?  Who's will?  Evidently there are a lot of priests in the Catholic church with no willpower.  I personally don't think it was in God's plan for people to be without a mate.  After all, He created Adam and Eve first thing.  There may be a few exceptions, but I would believe very few.  I don't see how the Catholic church can be an example to the family unit.  Doesn't it make sense that if a pastor has a loving family and his congregation learns from his example it would edify the church?  I don't see the glory in celibacy, it seems like "works" to me, trying to be holier or purer than the next guy in order to feel righteous.  Seems like a very lonely life to me too.  I hope you pray about it a lot.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I don't believe we can "claim" anything from God, He is NOT obligated to us.

We are taught to pray "according to His will", this is learned by taking the "whole council" of the Lord into consideration on doctrines.

He gives according to His will, We ask of Him with faith that "believes"(without doubt) in His Words.  This is consistant with Jesus' teaching on the faith the size of a mustard seed. We know that God gives us faith.  So ultimately He is in control and NOT obligated to our "claims"

To use "claim" to me puts a demand on God. Like He is obligated. This sounds like Word of Faith teachings.

Yes I believe God will answer like He says, but it may not be His will for you to get an answer right away, also.

Peace, Carl...OSAS :read:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

It doesn't mean that you are obligating God to do anything, just that you are quoting His promises to Him, in this case, seeking wisdom which He promises to give if we just ask with faith.  Of course, all is in His time, but the promises is if you need wisdom, ASK HIM for it and He will give it to you.  Until you get an answer from Him, don't go off on your own understanding.  I have had my mind opened to some things I was struggling with by "claiming" or quoting this verse to God, so I know it is indeed a promise that He stands by.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The new creature WILL bear fruit.

"provided you remain in His kindness"

OR....you could say:

"provided you BEAR FRUIT"...thereby, having evidence of re-birth....

"remaining in His kindness"

Guest astralis

Elect,

We should probably start it on a new thread if it isn't about Saved or saved then lost.  It's up to you.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Astralis said, "Elect,

We should probably start it on a new thread if it isn't about Saved or saved then lost.  It's up to you.'

Its Carl's thread. He started it. Its up to him :read: .

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Before the Arminian can address the reformed doctrines he must first address God's Sovereignty!  The Idea behind his sovereignty is the unfettered, unlimited, undiminished authority of God that allows him to do whatever he wants with his creation.

Some scripture verses that support the absolute control of God:

Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, In heaven and in EARTH, in the seas and in all deeps. (Psalm 135:6)

For the Lord of hosts has PLANNED, and who can frustrate it?  And as for his stretched - out hand, who can turn it back?

(Isaiah 14:27)

But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and you our potter; And ALL of us are the work of your hand. (Isaiah 64:8)

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to HIS PURPOSE, which he set forth in Christ as a plan fo the fullness of time, to unite ALL things in him, things in HEAVEN AND IN EARTH.

(EPHESIANS 7-10)

Yours in GOD's Sovereign Grace,

Blake Reas  :thumb:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Let's keep it on topic.  Because there is someone curious about this and not yet settled on the truth.

IF...you can be lost again by "freewill" of walking away from God....THEN....you are trusting in your "freewill' to keep you from falling.........and that contradicts Jude 24....AND puts trust in your own "freewill" to "keep" you saved....NOT in Jesus' work on the cross.

Therefore ,(contradicting Eph2:9), you have done a "work" by your "freewill", which you think has kept you saved in God's grace.

"Not of works lest any man should boast"

Be not decieved    :read: