Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

The Book of Revelation is, from start to finish, the unveiling of the Lord Jesus and His body, the Church. It has absolutely nothing to do with "the world." All the keys to interpreting the symbols are contained in the Bible itself. Not in current world events.

In all actuality, the book of Revelation is a "history" of the church of Christ past, present, and future -

Revelation 1: 19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

It was revealed unto John what was to be of the church in the future to come. 100 years after Jesus left the earth the church was already going into apostasy with the description of the seven churches of Asia. After describing what was in heaven and the seven seals, many churches did fall and eventually the church fled into the wilderness where it was in hiding during the dark ages because of all of the persecutions of man and false religion. A good chunk of Revelation from chapter 8-18 is speaking of what was going on during the "dark ages". Going onto chapter 20 we read about judgment day. Chapters 21 and 22 speak of being in heaven itself.

It was said correctly that there is no "code" to the understanding of the book. Just keep in mind that it is a revelation of the church and what happened to it after Jesus left the earth.

The book of Revelation is not about the Church at all.

Revelation starts out by addressing seven churches in Asia Minor. It was a revelation of what was to occur from that time down the centuries to the end of the world. There are other churches mentioned in Revelation.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

This star was a church and it was believed to the the church at Smyrna where the Bishop Edmond was.

During that time the forgiveness of sins was taken from God as false religion was charging man for it. People were beaten, whipped, and killed if they did not conform. The bible was taken from the public and forced to believe in "church doctrine" as gospel. The French Revolution in April 1793 shut down every church for 3.5 years because they were tired of how corrupt the religion in their country was.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

During the "dark ages" the church was in hiding for almost 1,300 years because of these things.

There is a lot more detail, but I tried to give the short of it.

Revelation 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Revelation IS about the history of Jesus and the church from the the time of the last Apostle till the end of time.

The book of Revelation was written to seven churches in Asia Minor. Your use of symbolism is dubious. Revelation is written to them about the Kingom of God. The church is not the subject matter of Revelation. ALL of end time prophecy is about the Kingdom of God, not the Church.

Revelation goes beyond the seven churches through the dark ages, through judgment day, and ends with heaven (a new heaven and an new earth where there will be no night nor tears).

Just as in the book of Daniel we see revelations of what transpires during the 400 silent years between old and new Testaments, we have also the revelation of what transpires between what happens between Jesus and the end of time on this earth. The book of Revelation is letting us know what happened to the church that Jesus planted and the impact of it. If you want certain specifics I will spend the time and tell you what I am speaking of and how it lays out like "history".

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

The Book of Revelation is, from start to finish, the unveiling of the Lord Jesus and His body, the Church. It has absolutely nothing to do with "the world." All the keys to interpreting the symbols are contained in the Bible itself. Not in current world events.

In all actuality, the book of Revelation is a "history" of the church of Christ past, present, and future -

Revelation 1: 19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

It was revealed unto John what was to be of the church in the future to come. 100 years after Jesus left the earth the church was already going into apostasy with the description of the seven churches of Asia. After describing what was in heaven and the seven seals, many churches did fall and eventually the church fled into the wilderness where it was in hiding during the dark ages because of all of the persecutions of man and false religion. A good chunk of Revelation from chapter 8-18 is speaking of what was going on during the "dark ages". Going onto chapter 20 we read about judgment day. Chapters 21 and 22 speak of being in heaven itself.

It was said correctly that there is no "code" to the understanding of the book. Just keep in mind that it is a revelation of the church and what happened to it after Jesus left the earth.

The book of Revelation is not about the Church at all.

Revelation starts out by addressing seven churches in Asia Minor. It was a revelation of what was to occur from that time down the centuries to the end of the world. There are other churches mentioned in Revelation.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

This star was a church and it was believed to the the church at Smyrna where the Bishop Edmond was.

During that time the forgiveness of sins was taken from God as false religion was charging man for it. People were beaten, whipped, and killed if they did not conform. The bible was taken from the public and forced to believe in "church doctrine" as gospel. The French Revolution in April 1793 shut down every church for 3.5 years because they were tired of how corrupt the religion in their country was.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

During the "dark ages" the church was in hiding for almost 1,300 years because of these things.

There is a lot more detail, but I tried to give the short of it.

Revelation 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Revelation IS about the history of Jesus and the church from the the time of the last Apostle till the end of time.

see, this IS EXACTLY what i was talking about in my last post. ask 10 diffrent pastors their interpratation of revalation and you get 10 diffrent answers. but SCRIPTURE says that NO prophecy of scripture is open to PRIVATE interpratation. and scripture also says that we as christians have the holy spirit to teach and guide us into all truth..... still looks to me like the body of christ has too much division in it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

According to Dr. E. W. Bullinger in his Commentary on Revelation, there is a five-fold division of Scripture:

Whoever he is, he is entitled to his own opinion but by far I don't think that any modern man is authorized by God to be the "correct" interpretation of the Book of Revelation. Especially when "Dr." is secular title granted by men.

Edited by Hawkins

see, this IS EXACTLY what i was talking about in my last post. ask 10 diffrent pastors their interpratation of revalation and you get 10 diffrent answers. but SCRIPTURE says that NO prophecy of scripture is open to PRIVATE interpratation. and scripture also says that we as christians have the holy spirit to teach and guide us into all truth..... still looks to me like the body of christ has too much division in it.

What does it teach you about the book of Revelation?

I agree with you, but the logic is sound. There is a purpose for the book of Revelation. It is revealing something to us. It starts out in the first chapter speaking of the churches and continues throughout the bible speaking of the impact of Christianity on the earth with apostasies, false teachings, fake churches, martyrs, death, heaven, hell, judgment day, etc..

This isn't "PRIVATE interpretation" if you would read the book verse by verse and keep it in context the way it is written.

It's always easy to say that it is "your interpretation" when you disagree with something, but can you prove otherwise what I have said? I told you I can offer more proof if you are willing to take the time to read it. Can you substantiate you claims to having other knowledge, or the correct knowledge of this book?

Edited by deut31:12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I agree with you, but the logic is sound. There is a purpose for the book of Revelation. It is revealing something to us. It starts out in the first chapter speaking of the churches and continues throughout the bible speaking of the impact of Christianity on the earth with apostasies, false teachings, fake churches, martyrs, death, heaven, hell, judgment day, etc..

Hey Deut -

The first chapter of Revelation talks about Jesus.

The churches aren't spoken about until chapter 2.

Hey Deut -

Read the chapter.

Rev. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

The seven stars and the seven candlesticks are the seven churches or Asia Minor. So, it starts in the first chapter.

Edited by deut31:12

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hey Deut -

Read the chapter.

Rev. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

20 <b>The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.</b>

The seven stars and the seven candlesticks are the seven churches or Asia Minor. So, it starts in the first chapter.

Hello Deut, And the seven stars are the angels, the messengers, the overseers of the Church throughout the ages. So, when we see, "...the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the STARS SHALL FALL from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken..." (Mat 24:29b) We understand that we should beware.

Hey Deut -

Read the chapter.

20 <b>The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.</b>

Hello Deut, And the seven stars are the angels, the messengers, the overseers of the Church throughout the ages. So, when we see, "...the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the STARS SHALL FALL from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken..." (Mat 24:29b) We understand that we should beware.

You are correct. I messed up on that one. The seven candlesticks are are the seven churches. Interesting how that the seven churches, the Christians, were told to repent of their sins or their candlesticks would be removed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That "start" as you call it was a part of explaining what John saw concerning Jesus.

Do you actually believe the "revelation of the church" supersedes the revelation of Jesus Christ?

That "start" as you call it was a part of explaining what John saw concerning Jesus.

Do you actually believe the "revelation of the church" supersedes the revelation of Jesus Christ?

Are you disbelieving the scripture where it states that the seven candle sticks are the seven churches in Asia? It is there in black and white. You can be so focused in one thing that you miss its actual meaning. Recognizing that by the end of this chapter John is starting to talk about the seven churches that Jesus starts talking about in no way takes away from the beginning of the chapter. You have to keep in mind that it was man who at some point put the chapters and verses in the bible and sometimes a chapter begins and ends in the middle of a thought.