sdktlk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Alan, to be honest, scripture is silent on how the mark prevents a person from buying and selling. You must admit that?

I do not believe you have interpreted that passage correctly. It also doesn't say refuse, it says "no one may" which doesn't necessarily imply there is a physical barrier.

Need I also mention that taking a symbolic passage literally is also an error in interpretation? Literalising the symoblic is just as bad as making spiritual the literal.

I do not agree with you here brother :emot-handshake: .

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

If you want to do commerce in or with this beast you have to have the mark. If you cannot prove you are marked, an authorized member of this one, you are not allowed to speak. If you do manage to speak, and it is anything contrary to what is perceived as Truth you will soon be out of there.

This sounds like an impramatur by you to not have to be reproved by the Word or the Orthodox Body.:blink:

Peace,

Dave

$10 Dave

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Alan, to be honest, scripture is silent on how the mark prevents a person from buying and selling. You must admit that?

I do not believe you have interpreted that passage correctly. It also doesn't say refuse, it says "no one may" which doesn't necessarily imply there is a physical barrier.

Need I also mention that taking a symbolic passage literally is also an error in interpretation? Literalising the symoblic is just as bad as making spiritual the literal.

Andy, if I was to tell you that you may not ride in my car, am I not refusing you a ride? Think about the simplicity of scripture. Trying to seek a deeper meaning for what is simply stated is not right. You may feel that I have a wrong interpretation, as I believe you do. Yet, time will show us which is correct.

Andy, if I was to tell you that you may not ride in my car, am I not refusing you a ride? Think about the simplicity of scripture. Trying to seek a deeper meaning for what is simply stated is not right. You may feel that I have a wrong interpretation, as I believe you do. Yet, time will show us which is correct.

Alan, even your own example doesn't make sense to me. But, we can agree to disagree.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

$10 Dave

Do you take cash or credit? :laugh: I was preaching in Washington D.C. today and I said out loud and on the microphone, "You are made in the image of God, fearfully created, therefore you have an "Intrinsic Quality!" :wub::24:

So that's a big ole fat $20.00 I officially owe.:taped:

I believe there will be a way because scripture tells us there will be. How, not sure, but there will be one day. The idea that this is literal is far easier to believe then the idea of everyone having mental telepathy.

I guess if "mental telepathy" were my only option, I would go with physical mark too. But it's not.

Physically marking every individual would mean that every person would have to be accounted for and then they would need to come when summoned. Even if that were possible, can you imagine the time and expense involved in such an undertaking?

Romans 16

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

I think we can all agree that Paul isn't telling us to physically mark these people...............right?

So if we are capable of marking these people without touching them, why isn't God capable of doing the same thing?

2 Thessalonians 2

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What's God doing there? He's marking them. He's separating them from the true believers. The beast doesn't need to have these people marked because they all believe in him. They openly worship him, he knows who they are. Their actions indicate whos side they're on.

This war we're fighting, though it has physical ramifications, is spiritual. The devil doesn't require your physical presence in order to capture your soul. All he needs is your loyalty.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

$10 Dave

Do you take cash or credit? :laugh: I was preaching in Washington D.C. today and I said out loud and on the microphone, "You are made in the image of God, fearfully created, therefore you have an "Intinsic Quality!" :wub::24:

When I was led of the Lord to this web site I read and observed for a few days and believed that it may be good to participate. But, low and behold, in order to do so I had to "sign up," that is become a member in order to "do commerce," that is buy and sell here. Strange huh? :b: Is it not the little foxes that spoil the vine?

$10 Dave

Do you take cash or credit? :laugh: I was preaching in Washington D.C. today and I said out loud and on the microphone, "You are made in the image of God, fearfully created, therefore you have an "Intinsic Quality!" :wub::24:

When I was led of the Lord to this web site I read and observed for a few days and believed that it may be good to participate. But, low and behold, in order to do so I had to "sign up," that is become a member in order to "do commerce," that is buy and sell here. Strange huh? :b: Is it not the little foxes that spoil the vine?

This website is totally free. What we are doing here is conversing, not commerce. :huh::blink::noidea:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I believe there will be a way because scripture tells us there will be. How, not sure, but there will be one day. The idea that this is literal is far easier to believe then the idea of everyone having mental telepathy.

I guess if "mental telepathy" were my only option, I would go with physical mark too. But it's not.

Physically marking every individual would mean that every person would have to be accounted for and then they would need to come when summoned. Even if that were possible, can you imagine the time and expense involved in such an undertaking?

Romans 16

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

I think we can all agree that Paul isn't telling us to physically mark these people...............right?

So if we are capable of marking these people without touching them, why isn't God capable of doing the same thing?

Again, look at the meaning of the word as I had shown you before.

2 Thessalonians 2

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What's God doing there? He's marking them. He's separating them from the true believers. The beast doesn't need to have these people marked because they all believe in him. They openly worship him, he knows who they are. Their actions indicate whos side they're on.

This war we're fighting, though it has physical ramifications, is spiritual. The devil doesn't require your physical presence in order to capture your soul. All he needs is your loyalty.

God is not marking them at all, but allowing them to believe a lie. The physical mark of the best does not deny the spiritual warfare.