Renay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

What should we as christians do to make sure that we will go to heaven?

Romans 10

9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.

10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."

Ephesians 1

13 in whom also you, hearing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation, in whom also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

14 who is the earnest of our inheritance, to the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So we dont have to be prefect? because it is kinda hard to be perfect? what if god comes while im telling a lie?

Renay -

Have you confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Do you believe He died for your sin and rose from the dead?

If the answer is yes, have you been baptized?

If not, I highly recommend you do so. It is a Biblical symbolic public demonstration of faith and represents your being buried and resurrected with Christ. Countless people, including myself, testify to being touched by the Lord's presence upon baptism.

If the answer is yes, then the question is, do you feel assured of your salvation?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Renay, as you can see from the past post from many good people, you don't need to be perfect to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Accept Jesus as your savior, find a Church that you feel right with (you may have to visit several, God will let you know which one), be Baptized and follow the commandments.

The greatest Commandment

In Matthew 22:34-40 Jesus was asked what was the greatest Commandment.

22:34 Now when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they assembled together. 22:35 And one of them, an expert in religious law, asked him a question to test him: 22:36

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

You ask what if you are telling a lie when Jesus comes - I guess the answer would be "Don't tell a lie." Live your life as if Jesus were coming the next second - He may be.

Right. We have to live a life as close as the one of Jesus. We bow to His Glory and hope He accept us in His Kingdom. We trust Him without doubt and accept His judgement unconditionaly

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Do we have to be perfect/ completely sinless to enter heaven? What should we as Christians do to make sure that we will go to heaven?

Our Lord Jesus Christ fielded one in the same questions-

Luke 18:18-23

18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 19 So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good?

No one is good but One, that is, God. 20 You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,

' 'Honor your father and your mother.'"

21 And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth."

22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in

heaven; and come, follow Me." 23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.

NKJV

with all this mans staunch effort he still lacked! The One that stood before him was the very One that decided admittance into eternity with His Father...

The other account in Matt. says he went away sorrowful.

He was in danger this way

1 John 2:18-19

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the

last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be

made manifest, that none of them were of us.

NKJV

Salvation is to have the new being to become in you and to have the Holy Spirit to dwell inside that being! There are many tests we can Scripturally perform

to determine if the truth of God is in us!

The simplest is does this truth abide which gives no other options but Him and what He asks of us in His Word-

John 6:68-69

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have

come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

NKJV

The truly born again person knows there is only one truth, one way, one life in Christ alone through faith alone... Love Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So we dont have to be prefect? because it is kinda hard to be perfect? what if god comes while im telling a lie?

Renay -

Have you confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Do you believe He died for your sin and rose from the dead?

If the answer is yes, have you been baptized?

If not, I highly recommend you do so. It is a Biblical symbolic public demonstration of faith and represents your being buried and resurrected with Christ. Countless people, including myself, testify to being touched by the Lord's presence upon baptism.

If the answer is yes, then the question is, do you feel assured of your salvation?

Yes i am...i just was a liitle confused but you guys were all very helpful, thanks

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, that's cool!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Acts 16:31 says, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved".

John 3:18 says, "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:36 says, "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 5:24 says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."

John 6:40 says, "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:47 says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life."

Acts 10:43 says, "Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins."

Acts 13:39 says, "And through Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses."

Acts 16:30-31 says, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved."

Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

Can't be more clearer than that.