• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This thread started from a woman WHO WAS MODEST AND DESCRETE being refused the right to feed her child !!!!

Thank-you!

I just read through all the posts, I didn't see anything about all women bottle feeding. I saw some suggestions pertaining to preparations for outings and whatever, but nothing that says that women should strictly bottle feed. It's not even implied.

I didn't say "strictly."

Bottle feeding was provided as a means of avoiding breast feeding in public.

You're right, you didn't. What you actually said was,

The responses have come across as if every woman should bottle-feed, can have an ample supply of pumped bottled milk, can easily find a discreet place to nurse, can make it so that the baby won't need to nurse during the course of the trip, etc.

I just read through all the posts, I didn't see anything about all women bottle feeding. I saw some suggestions pertaining to preparations for outings and whatever, but nothing that says that women should strictly bottle feed. It's not even implied.

I didn't say "strictly."

The responses have come across as if every woman should bottle-feed, can have an ample supply of pumped bottled milk, can easily find a discreet place to nurse, can make it so that the baby won't need to nurse during the course of the trip, etc.

So if a woman doesn't want to or cannot use formula, nor can she pump-fill a bottle, how will she be able to feed her baby?

And I said "every woman" because I cannot conceive of any mother who goes out in public being able to do so without the baby crying for food at inconvenient places.

(And you are skipping the rest of what I said.)

I didn't say "strictly."

So if a woman doesn't want to or cannot use formula, nor can she pump-fill a bottle, how will she be able to feed her baby?

And I said "every woman" because I cannot conceive of any mother who goes out in public being able to do so without the baby crying for food at inconvenient places.

Your question has nothing to do with my response to your previous post. You stated,"The responses have come across as if every woman should bottle-feed,". I don't see that anywhere in this thread. I don't see one post that is against breast feeding. Some posters, male and female, mentioned bottle feeding, but there's nothing that suggests bottles only.

Again, bottle feeding was mentioned as part of the preparation for certain outings....nothing more.

(And you are skipping the rest of what I said.)

I've read every word of every post........more than once. ;)

I don't see one post that is against breast feeding.

I see posts that at minimum attempt to discourage breast feeding in public.

How does a woman avoid breast feeding in public completely?

And by the way, by saying "seems" I do not say "are" - it means an impression one gets.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Breast feeding is a natural way to feed an infant. God provided a woman with breasts in which to nurture and feed her offspring since the days of Adam and Eve. Why anyone should interfere with this lady feeding her infant ( she was covered under a blanket so nothing was showing) is just plain harassment. I breast fed my children because not only was it better for them it also provided a special time for both baby and mom to bond even further. The store did in fact apologize to the lady but she was humiliated by the employee and I don't blame her for being mad. Until society can overcome their aversion to the human body then and only then will people become less uptight about a natural function of a mom feeding her child.

To all moms who breastfeed. Keep on feeding your children. Just make sure that when you do you are being modest about things and keep your dignity when you are confronted by people who just don't "get it".

I dont know why this is such a big issue. As long as it's done discreetly it should be not be an issue for a mom to feed her newborn child. I think it's rather childish people in the world make this such a big issue.

Now I do have some concerns however about some women who do it just so that they can flash everyone in public and that should be discouraged but if it wasn't such a social taboo in the first place this wouldn't be an issue. Just like that crazy woman who fought so much and created so much public contraversy about why women can't show their tops in public if they wanted to.. she fought and fought and fought then finally the court allowed it. For about 2 weeks women would carelessly flash their boobs in public especially at the beach then all the sudden everyone started covering up. Just like the way it was previously... so annoying. And then she goes on the news several years later saying she did it because she just wanted to make a point! :bored-1:

the number of women who are exhibitionists are far outnumbered by those who are discrete about breastfeeding. It's a shame that society makes a woman feel ashamed about a normal bodily function like feeding her infant in a public setting when you can see gay couples fondling each other in public or grope sessions by people who have no sense of common decency. Instead women who feed their children via breast are portrayed as indecent and persecuted and it should stop.

Women's breasts are shown these days around us in abundance. If they are exposed in beach it is thought to be alright. If they are exposed in a mall it is considered idecent exposure. Breast feeding in a mall can be avoided by using bottle feeding. There are mothers that do public breast feeding in public deliberatley whilst others do not do it.

Blessings

gee hate to burst in on your speech but you are misinformed most horribly on this subject.

1. babies who are nursed naturally will not accept a rubber nipple readily. Think about it would you like to have a nasty tasting gadget thrust into your mouth?

2. Most mothers who breastfeed do so in a manner that is modest without being deliberate in showing their breasts in public. And while we are on the subject why would someone be looking at a woman's bust line if they were not trying to get a peek?

3. There is more flesh exposed on the beach than when a mother exposes her breast to feed her baby. Have you seen the bathing suits worn by both sexes? I have more material in my 8 inch hankie then many of the bathing suits seen on beaches today.

4. so why should it be considered indecent to feed your child in public while being modestly covered up? Why should women be shooed to the bathroom where there are nasty germs every where to make a baby sick? Would you want to eat your dinner with the smells of human waste all around you? Finally I think all nursing mothers should stage nursing demonstration world wide and pass out pamphlets that have information about nursing babies to educate those who do not understand it.

and last but not least for those who bare it all at the beach and then critizes women for breastfeeding need to take a good hard look at themselves and the way they dress before casting stones.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, some women cannot nurse their babies under a blanket. My babies would always get furious, flail at the blanket to get it off, and just generally create a huge scene - so I learned quickly not to bother. On the other hand, I choose clothing that was loose-fitting and easy to nurse in so that I was well-covered and discrete.

I dare say the reason most of the complaints about breastfeeding in public claim the woman was 'showing' so much, is because most moms are so successful at being discrete that no one realized she was nursing to raise a stink about it.

One more thing - my late husband and his best friend worked as missionaries in rural Mexico for a long time, and told me that down there, the women just nurse their babies in public, particularly in church, and no one says a thing about it. It's a cultural thing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This thread started from a woman WHO WAS MODEST AND DESCRETE being refused the right to feed her child !!!!

If it is going to turn to modest what about those ..and there are ohhh sooo many ... men that walk around with trousers half way down their backsides???

Or workmen that expose more flesh as they are working than they would if they were at the beach ???

Or the men who think they have beautiful bodies that they have spent a fortune on and many hours at the gym and find delight in walking around half naked or in skin tight clothing to show off those bodies ??

MODESTY WORKS BOTH WAYS AND SHOULD NOT INCLUDE INNOCENT BABIES DOING WHAT GOD INTENDED THEM TO DO .

Amen to that, LPT!