• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I think what keeps us separate is honest disagreement about scripture. When you combine an honest disagreement with a need to be right then we have the problems.

How do we reject denominationalism? Does that mean we have a Church and just rename it to be non-denominational? Then isn't that my denomination? If unity were the overriding goal than we should all just join the Catholic Church, it

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I never said it was wrong to leave an unbiblical church. It is wrong to start your own church. This is what the denominational fathers did.

Ok... So you're in a scenario where your church has been taken over by unBiblical practices, and you have either left in obedience to the Lord's directive 'Come out and be separate' - or else the unBiblical leadership has kicked you out - and then what? If 'it is wrong to start your own church' and you can no longer go to your former church, what are you to do? Sit and twiddle your thumbs?

(In other words, if the unrighteous have taken over the church and kicked out the righteous, what are the righteous to do?)

If someone has been kicked out of the church, there probably is not much you could do unless the Lord opens a door (meant figuratively...not a pun). But if a door is opened to a negative environment then being a light unto the unrighteous to where you might influence the church in a positive way and thereby helping to get them back on track could be a start. This, of course, is where denominational rules would get in the way and I don't see church hierarchy changing "policy" based on what someone from the congregation says. But again, it all comes back to denominational rules because even if a specific church assembly decided to move away from a certain denomination due to a denominational rule that was unbiblical, they would not be able to do so and stay under the denominational umbrella. They would pretty much have to start their own assembly. But starting their own assembly does not have to equate starting a new or joining a pre-existing denomination.

Jay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I never said it was wrong to leave an unbiblical church. It is wrong to start your own church. This is what the denominational fathers did.

Ok... So you're in a scenario where your church has been taken over by unBiblical practices, and you have either left in obedience to the Lord's directive 'Come out and be separate' - or else the unBiblical leadership has kicked you out - and then what? If 'it is wrong to start your own church' and you can no longer go to your former church, what are you to do? Sit and twiddle your thumbs?

(In other words, if the unrighteous have taken over the church and kicked out the righteous, what are the righteous to do?)

If someone has been kicked out of the church, there probably is not much you could do unless the Lord opens a door (meant figuratively...not a pun). But if a door is opened to a negative environment then being a light unto the unrighteous to where you might influence the church in a positive way and thereby helping to get them back on track could be a start. This, of course, is where denominational rules would get in the way and I don't see church hierarchy changing "policy" based on what someone from the congregation says. But again, it all comes back to denominational rules because even if a specific church assembly decided to move away from a certain denomination due to a denominational rule that was unbiblical, they would not be able to do so and stay under the denominational umbrella. They would pretty much have to start their own assembly. But starting their own assembly does not have to equate starting a new or joining a pre-existing denomination.

Jay

The crux of the problem lies here ... The Lord Jesus said to the disciples, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (Mat 7:13-14)

If we start wrong we can never end up in the same place.

The ultimate most exclusive denomination is one that is made up of only one family. Continual splintering is not a good thing.

What does continual splintering say to the outside world to the nonbelievers? It says we don't now Truth, it says there is no scriptural truth as not even Christians can agree on what is truth in the bible.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/10/1956

copied from a post futher back .. I couldn't think of a better way of putting it.....

I belong to Jesus and His church, sorry it doesnt have a name. Jesus is the head, the Holy Spirit our teacher.

I hope we all belong to that Church and if we confess with our mouth and believe with our heart that Jesus is Lord we all do, including Catholics and Baptists and AOG and any group regardless of the name.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Jay

The crux of the problem lies here ... The Lord Jesus said to the disciples, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (Mat 7:13-14)

If we start wrong we can never end up in the same place.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I hope we all belong to that Church and if we confess with our mouth and believe with our heart that Jesus is Lord we all do, including Catholics and Baptists and AOG and any group regardless of the name.

Heb 11:1.... Love Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am lost....

In this thread I mean :cool:

So we should stay at home,

read our bible,

wait for the Spirit to tell us what to do,

don't talk in tongues,

don't jump up and down in worship,

only listen to, or sing pre 1900's music

don't decide to talk to other believers about what we think, because with two of us we are in danger of starting a church?

Heaven forbid!

I just started a new one man band denomination!

Lets call it, ummmm, "Boring", for better use of another name.....

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Good Morning Everyone,

You do realize that some church denominations deny the divinity of Jesus or that the Bible is the inspired Word of God? So if we were to apply a "unity at all costs" mentality, look where we would find ourselves.

No, any old church denomination will not do!!

Lets look at this from a different perspective. How far does a denomination have to stray before you would consider it too far?

Jay