IGNORED

Is the news media responsible?

nebula

Take a look at the first sentence of the piece you quoted.

The media is just a tool.

True - but what impact is this tool having?

I suppose the media had some impact, but I really don't think it was responsible.

In Somalia I saw ABC employees living in a warlord's villa, protected by the owner's henchmen. I saw CNN in Lebanon throw a baby doll in the ashes while telling a woman to go to the bombed house and cry, "They killed my child," simply to get a poignant shot.

This statement tells me the author doesn't think too highly of the media. He likes to point fingers and his finger pointing is having the desired impact.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This statement tells me the author doesn't think too highly of the media. He likes to point fingers and his finger pointing is having the desired impact.

Is he wrong for feeling angry that the news media is doing this?

Is he wrong for pointing this out?

Is he wrong for concluding that this is fueling the fires (note: fueling is not creating)?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure why you're getting all worried over this.....it's just some guy's article. I've told you my opinion of his opinion. He doesn't write like an educated person. He says he saw these things; do you believe everything you read? Again, this is something from a blog or similar site. Anyone can write anything and post it on the internet. It means little.

If this report is true - that is a lot to get worried over!

If the report is not true, then I would prefer objection be given via something with substance rather than a brush off on account of imperfect grammar.

My objection is that there's not actually much substance to it. We have it a clich

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Thank-you. This is something we can actually discuss. emot-handshake.gif

Okay; I'm up for that. Islam is one of my favorite ranting sources.

"The battle is being waged in mosques, madrasas, and by mullahs..."

I guess that would depend on what you read in this statement. For these places are where the Islamists are preaching and gathering followers and fighters.

I will agree that those places are fomenting hate and violence.

Now my question is -

Do you believe these actions of the news media have no impact what happens?

No; I KNOW the media has an impact. I'm of the opinion though that media in the islamic world is WAY more responsible for the hate directed toward us, and the Jews, than any American or other western media. We have to remember that the islamists are not liberal and, if they ever take over, the lefties will be the first group on the gallows. Check out the Al Jazeera or Al Arabia websites. It will make you sick.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Not sure why you're getting all worried over this.....it's just some guy's article. I've told you my opinion of his opinion. He doesn't write like an educated person. He says he saw these things; do you believe everything you read? Again, this is something from a blog or similar site. Anyone can write anything and post it on the internet. It means little.

If this report is true - that is a lot to get worried over!

If the report is not true, then I would prefer objection be given via something with substance rather than a brush off on account of imperfect grammar.

My objection is that there's not actually much substance to it. We have it a clich

Is he wrong for feeling angry that the news media is doing this?

What exactly is the news media doing?

Is he wrong for pointing this out?

All he's done is point out his prejudice against the liberal media.

Is he wrong for concluding that this is fueling the fires (note: fueling is not creating)?

Who's doing the fueling here? "CNN might go" doesn't equate to "CNN actually did go". All he's doing here is playing with the reader's emotions. "Fueling the fires" of distrust and animosity toward the liberal media. Very misleading.

Who is fueling the battle? The New Age secular, Liberal Left media in the U.S. (run by

ideologues from the 1960 revolution) is in the forefront. It kills the soul while the body is

left to the jihadists. For example, CNN might go to the Palestinian Authority and request

they set up their riot at 11:00 a.m. so it could be up-linked for the evening news.

Take note of what he says about Egypt.

Who is behind the upheaval in Egypt? Is it al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, or the Muslim

Brotherhood? It

So do you, MG, and you, amor, and you, man, believe he is lying? (Bending the truth, being deceptive, spreading false information)

"In Somalia I saw ABC employees living in a warlord's villa, protected by the owner's henchmen. I saw CNN in Lebanon throw a baby doll in the ashes while telling a woman to go to the bombed house and cry, "They killed my child," simply to get a poignant shot."

"In Somalia I saw ABC employees living in a warlord's villa, protected by the owner's henchmen. I saw CNN in Lebanon throw a baby doll in the ashes while telling a woman to go to the bombed house and cry, "They killed my child," simply to get a poignant shot."

Is there anything to back these claims or do we just take his word for it?

So do you, MG, and you, amor, and you, man, believe he is lying? (Bending the truth, being deceptive, spreading false information)

I think he has grudge against the liberal media and he's trying to get us to hop on his wagon. I don't know about lying or spreading false information, but I know he's being deceptive. His CNN comment clearly shows that.