• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Quote:

In the combat situation about myself I gave in that thread, I have someone in my rifle sights. I make a decision whether or not to pull the trigger. Now if it was God's will that the person in my sights is to die at that moment, then my decision on what to do was already pre-determined at that point, wasn't it?

No. You are there to shoot or not to shoot because God foreknew what you would do at that point. If it was that mans time to die, He would have him is someones sights whom He knew would pull the trigger, If it was not his time he would be is someones sights who would not pull the trigger. The decision in either case would be according to that persons freewill to choose.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Thanks for all the insight from everyone. It definately helps. I have no doubt everything is as God wants it to happen, sometimes it is just hard to grasp. But then again, some things we are just plain and simple not fully capable of understanding while here on Earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have no doubt everything is as God wants it to happen, sometimes it is just hard to grasp. But then again, some things we are just plain and simple not fully capable of understanding while here on Earth.

By jove, he's got it! :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

This topic has been raised many times on this board and rightly so. It is a very interesting discussion.

Some time back a reply was made by Marilyn and I thought it so apt I saved it and have posted it here for your info:

Scripture portrays God as being absolutely sovereign (Acts 15:8; Ephesians 1:11;Psalm 135:6). Scripture also portrays man as having a free will (Genesis 3:1-7). It is certainly inscrutable to man's finite understanding how both divine sovereignty and human free will can both be true, but both doctrines are taught in Scripture. In fact, both of these are often seen side by side in the span of a single Scripture verse.

For example, in Acts 2:23 we read of Jesus: "This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross." Here we see divine sovereignty ("by God's set purpose and foreknowledge") and human free will ("you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death").

We also see both doctrines in Acts 13:48: "When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honoured the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed." God's sovereignty is clear ("all who were appointed for eternal life") as is man's free will ("believed").

It has been sugested that divine sovereignty and human free will are like parallel railroad tracks that are often found side by side in Scripture, and the tracks never come together on this side of eternity. When we enter glory, we will no doubt come to a fuller understanding of these biblical doctrines. Now we see as a mirror darkly. Then we shall see clearly (1 Corinthians 13:12).

God is the Sovereign "I AM"

Marilyn

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

J.C.,

Indeed this is a question many have asked. The answer to this is not one I am certain I can give properly.

Yes, God does know our every action, and yes he knows our hearts. It may seem puzzling that God would be able to know our every move even those we have yet to make. Still, each of us must remember we are the creation, and he the creator. God is a mystery to us all, and even with reading his word there may still be things we do not quite comprehend about him.

Try to think of Adam and Eve's situation for they were the very first to express the power of free will. God may have known well that the two would sin. However, both were given the choice to do so.

This is an interesting post. Please do forgive me if any of this sounded harsh, for that was not my intent.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle