• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Hey-

I banged a front tooth four months or so back, and have had the pain come & go. I think it affects my post-concussion headache for certain. I try to be very careful when flossing, and not to use the tooth when eating. Nothing too hot or cold.

A root canal may stop the pain, but cause further problems long term.

Can a tooth nerve heal over time, perhaps w/enough raw milk (hard to find, but it is around).

Thanks for any thoughts-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  545
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,417
  • Content Per Day:  5.10
  • Days Won:  248
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Just spoken to my daughter who is a dental nurse and manager of a dental surgery .... she says it depends on the severity of the bang, if there is a large pocket of air caused by the bang then it will just get worse and may lead to loss of the tooth. If the bang/trauma is not so severe it can heal but will take some time. :noidea:

Guest -RadicalMan-

Hey-

I banged a front tooth four months or so back, and have had the pain come & go. I think it affects my post-concussion headache for certain. I try to be very careful when flossing, and not to use the tooth when eating. Nothing too hot or cold.

Can a tooth nerve heal over time, perhaps w/enough raw milk (hard to find, but it is around).

Thanks for any thoughts-

I won't give medical advice because the method i used was a "quick fix" However, my experience is hoping it will go away will simply not work...the tooth will eventually die and that will cause further problems. Better to see a pro (Dentist) cause its a pay me now or pay me later situation.

• Group:  Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. I wouldn't even have the problem if I hadn't taken Naproxen, and tried to drink the water late at night, and done so w/o turning on the lights, and using a thick heavy glass. So foolish.

I've waited four months to see if it will heal. Guess I need to wait a bit more (can't afford a root canal yet anyway, even w/insurance).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

You may want to go and have it looked at even if you don't get the root canal. At least you will be given something and told what to expect. Will pray for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks- the pain flared up baly last night. Took ibuprofin. And I hit my head by accident this morning while the meds were wearing off, despite extreme caution (drove the heel of my hand into the side of the head while turning in the shower- elbow hit the wall).

I should go to that dentist-

Lord, I ask for healing for others going through similar situations or worse. And I need healing so badly. Lord Jesus help-

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

In my experience root canals are for when the roots are exposed not all pain comes from the root being exposed. When the enamel is thin or chipped it can open the tooth up and allow air to flow through those small canals or holes, something along that line allowing that chip to remain and even expand will lead to those holes inside the tooth to open all the way into the root. I had to have a root canal after allowing a chipped tooth to go without repair but I waited years before I did the root job done and boy it was very long and detailed and still have problems with the tooth. Of course that is my experience and we are all different but I would advise ya to go to the dentist and find out, you don't have to do anything about it right then and there but at least you'll know whats up.

shalom,

Mizz

OK. Thank you very much.

• 4 years later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  13.22

Hey-

Thanks for any thoughts-

I've had three or four root canals.  With the right dentist, it's pretty painless.  In my experience, you're fit with a temporary cap and then a final cap.  It takes two or three visits to the dentist.  I had one root canal that was so difficult, I had to be sent to a different dentist who specializes in hard to get to roots.  He was past retirement and just specialized in getting roots that were hard to get to.  He was great.  I didn't even feel the shot to numb my gums up where he was going to work.