IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

What exactly is wrong with Mysticism?

What

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Is Right

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:1-2

Is Jesus Christ

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 9:24

And Him Crucified

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Galatians 6:14

See?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What is mysticism?

Mysticism

First published Thu Nov 11, 2004; substantive revision Tue Feb 9, 2010

The term

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

By the way . . .

but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie.

There's a real good tease in there, I just can't think of what it is.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1957

Perhaps its just me...but seems like mysticism acknowledged or not has been in the church for years...i.e. masons and other similar groups.

Yes, Mysticism has been around for over a thousand years. Many of the ancients wrote on things pertaining to Mysticism, which involves centering on one's inner self, searching for the God that is already within (which is a false teaching). God is not already within us. We are all sinners, and can only come to know the One, True, Living God, through Jesus Christ, who is the only Mediator between God and men:

Romans 3:23 (King James Version)

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

"Out of the body", I would say is mysticism ONLY if it was controlled. That is, if you are dying and your spirit leaves your body, that isn't mysticism; but if you will your spirit out (however that is done, I don't know, but I've heard of people doing that), that would be mysticism.

Does this make some sense?

Out-of-body experiences (Astral Projection) is just one of the dangers of Mysticism. Not that everyone will attempt this demonic practice, but there are many other areas of danger involved with practicing Mysticism.

Many of the Mystics that Christians are being told to study, and learn from, and even imitate, were and are involved with demonic deceptions (occult practices, unbiblical teachings).

We must look to the Word of God (the Bible) for our source of wisdom, strength, hope and knowledge of God.

Look what has happened with the counterfeit revivals, like Lakeland and Todd Bentley (just one of many examples).

Edited by vja4Him

If you are grounded solidly in scripture, do research on Christian Mysticism. You will be surprised on how long it has been around, who followed it and what it is about. Some teachings sound really good, but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie. Others "fill in the gap" where scripture is silent. Everything is spiritual and not much left out, including stuff like lucid dreaming.

Very good advice! Aanyone who is interested in Mysticism, should use strict caution ... Stay grounded in God's Word (the Bible) daily. Mysticism is very attractive, especially for those who are interested in reading, religion, history, science, hidden things ....

I'm not afraid to read from the Mystics, and have read from many of them, but I always have to pray that God will clear my mind, and continue to renew a right spirit within me. I do not practice Mysticism, and have no intentions of becoming involved with various programs that many churches are getting involved with (like Rick "Warren's Purpose Driven (Lies) Life," and Richard Foster's book, "Celebration of Discipline."

Richard Bennet, a former Catholic priest, along with James Sundquist, share their experience and concerns regarding Mysticism in this video:

https://healtheland.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/back-to-rome-in-40-days-how-catholic-mysticism-is-infiltrating-evangelical-churches/

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you are grounded solidly in scripture, do research on Christian Mysticism. You will be surprised on how long it has been around, who followed it and what it is about. Some teachings sound really good, but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie. Others "fill in the gap" where scripture is silent. Everything is spiritual and not much left out, including stuff like lucid dreaming.

Lucid dreamimg is simply knowing that you're dreaming. Is that bad? :noidea:

You will not like my answer, but do the research. If I were to give you my thoughts from what I have studied, you would just continue to question what I say. The best way is to do the work yourself and come to your own conclusion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

By the way . . .

but if you dog deeper in scripture, it is a lie.

There's a real good tease in there, I just can't think of what it is.

Woops! I meant "dig", not dog ... :b:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Folks, honestly!

Paul being caught up to the third heaven was a mystical experience.

Ezekiel, Daniel, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, ALL HAD MYSTICAL EXPERIENCES!

Mysticism is probably a too broad word, like 'magic.' For many people consider divine healing 'magic,' as many people consider Hindu Meditation techniques 'mysticism.'

The practice of Christian mysticism may be thought of as simply meditating ('mumbling aloud') on the Scriptures and waiting upon God in quietude. Somehow that doesn't sound dreadfully sinful to me!