IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1957

That is what I've been trying to share with others, but it seems that people who support Mysticism have a low regard or even disregard for the Word of God (the Bible), which makes it quite difficult to reason with them ....

I don't believe there's anyone in this thread who supports mysticism or has a low or complete disregard for the Word of God. If you want to discuss mysticism in the church than do that, but leave your judgments at the door.

I wasn't referring to anyone in this thread ....

Just checking, :)

My apologies. :emot-handshake:

Post deleted.

No problem! I think sometimes my brain is outpacing my typing ... Could be my ADD, or just that I'm up way past my bedtime ....

It's been really frustrating, trying to find people I can discuss these issues with, without getting blasted at every post I make! Some Christian forums are not very open to discussing this issue of Mysticism, unless you fully support Mysticism!

That is what I've been trying to share with others, but it seems that people who support Mysticism have a low regard or even disregard for the Word of God (the Bible), which makes it quite difficult to reason with them ....

I don't believe there's anyone in this thread who supports mysticism or has a low or complete disregard for the Word of God. If you want to discuss mysticism in the church than do that, but leave your judgments at the door.

You would be surprised at just how many people on Christian forums actually do have a low regard for the Bible! Again, I wasn't referring to anyone on this thread, but rather other forums I've encountered ...

I understand.

I believe anyone who is truly grounded in the Word will recognize anything that is contrary to sound doctrine.

I come from a Native American background and I can't even begin to tell you some of the things I've seen. I have family members who are into satanism. One of them lives under the same roof as I do. He brings things into this house that are of a spiritual nature that affects everyone who lives here except me. He's tried to attack me spiritually, but he can't.

I'm not ignorant of the spiritual war that's taking place in the world. I ignore it or should I say I don't wrap my head around it. I know what's out there and what the devil is capable of.

I understood that the dream was initiated while awake,to control the theme, and then you entered dream(unconscious state) to play.This means you decide what you want to dream about basically and can wander in it as your fantasies allow.The dream is initiated while awake but then sleep is entered?

You're awake the whole time.

wow, you can actually do that!? Sounds amazing and since it's a dream it doesn't matter!

It actually does matter because you're the one in control. Unlike a regular dream, Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams are experienced in a state of total consciousness. You know what's happening and have the ability to stop it at anytime.

This is something new to me .... I've never experienced this ...

I'm wondering if this experience with lucid dreaming could open up the doors to evil spirits .... ???

If could if you let it.

Not everyone who gets involved with demonic activity really knows exactly what they are getting into .... Some deceptions are enticing, attractive, seem harmless, but as the person gets deeper and deeper into the deception, I think they are sorta like brainwashed, and may not fully understand the real dangers ....

The devil is tricky. He makes his deceptions fun and exciting. He uses scripture to his advantage, twisting it just enough to make it a lie but still make it appear sound. That's why it's so important to have knowledge and understanding of the Word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Many churches are under attack from the enemy, with counterfeit revivals, demonic manifestations, occult practices, Mysticism, New Age ...

How could so many church leaders be easily misled, and continue to add to the deception, leading many people, even Christians into the world of Mysticism ....

Has anyone had experience with Mysticism?

What exactly is wrong with Mysticism?

It cannot be tested by Scripture..... and God expects us to test all things by Scripture..... so then it is not of God.... Love Steven

The scriptures have the answer:

Proverbs 1:7 (King James Version)

7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

In the fullness of truth we "all" ignore our foundation (His Word) in one way or another! So with much delight I have found this my life verse= Isa 35:8-9 I see my self on this highway everyday one way or another!

I try to make Scripture my purpose in all that I do and the reward is Spiritual freedom from the demands of this body (flesh the Bible calls it).... I find it quite interesting that in the end all will

from their heart give the recognition due His name (you are Lord ... Jesus) while now they choose not to even though *they are* without knowing it!

Explained "in the beginning" a concept only belongs to us for we know ...

Our Lord has no beginning or end but we were in His Thoughts so we can go back as far as Our Lord Wishes (pretty cool to my way of understanding!), anyway shoot that bunny (pesky rabbits)

In The beginning God spoke = used His Son through the power of the Holy Spirit to create the corporeal as we know it! However with His (God's) foretelling of fulfilling His Word In Daniel the increase in knowledge we have come to learn that there is more space in solid things than solid stuff its movement gives it the properties of appearance of solidity!!! So in reality this is true= there was Spirit and then corporeal all by the Power of His Word and then us and all of us run- jump- stomp- lie down- even sleep upon it! With absolutely no regard to the realities that are there! So as we flip through those pages of ??[suggestions/commands] that we act upon or deny?? quite flippantly - it even gathers dust from non use "His Holy Word" The Same Word that we regard in creation of all things but somehow ignore its Wonder of the Testament of His Power and Beauty and Exquisite Personality Who has designed all this!!!! Sometimes I weep over things I have ignored and His Spirit draws my attention to the great beauty that is there and then the reason it is there "He did it because all He does Is for Love"- of me and others... soooo... the next time you handle a rose listen to its Spiritual message of its Softness, beauty, fragrance, frailty, and that if you searched the whole entire of creation you would not find another like it (the one your examining) in all its form and ways so it testifies its uniqueness to your uniqueness (finger print) for the purpose of God and His Glorious Love done all in frame of time that will never again be repeated throughout the eternities with Him or without Him.... Rejoin the God of Wonders in the Witness of His Word http://www.godofwond...rg/chapter1.htm

Father we do not deserve being your children but I am so In Love With You....for this I owe you my existence in obedience to Your Every Word and because You Knew I could not fully do this-to my shame as your son- You have required it of your own Son and He did it perfectly.... Lord let me immerse myself in The Blood of Your Life fully in all that I do.... Love Steven

As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit of God living in our hearts as a guide and comforter. We should already know that we serve a jealous God who does not wish to be supplemented or replaced by any other god or spirit. A host of things these days violate the wishes and will of God, and we would know about such things if we prayed more and submitted ourselves more to the perfect Will of God.

Some things to avoid are more subtle, and others are outrageous. The examples would be numerous: astrology, palm reading, new age garbage of many types, the occult in many forms, magic in many forms, witchcraft in many forms, and generally the consulting or consorting with familiar spirits that are not God. One should easily be able to think of many things that God would not approve of, and I think that's the main purpose for this thread. Some things might seem more innocent, but they aren't if God doesn't approve of it. Shouldn't one of our primary goals in life be to Worship only God in Spirit and in Truth and pleasing Him? Some have a hard time connecting some of the new age stuff with evil, but the evil is there nonetheless if we think about it. I've heard all kinds of buzz-words over the years that are related to new age stuff that can be easily connected to Eastern religions and the occult, so there's nothing innocent about them (i.e. self-actualization, transcendental meditation, out of body experiences, etc.). You can probably find numerous books in the self-improvement area of your local book store that relate to new age garbage. Make things simple and ask yourself: is this God-centered, self-centered, or other-centered? If it isn't God-centered, you should probably say no and leave it alone. At least think about it and pray about it before involving yourself into something questionable that God might not approve of. As Christians, we have better things to do in this short life than to dabble or immerse ourselves into things that are not pleasing to God. We should also be concerned with our living testimony before our families and others. Just two cents worth.

Good words of advice! I've started a document on my own, listing various terms and phrases that are used within Mysticism, New Age, and related practices. While reviewing these terms, I can see clearly the deception that the enemy is using ....

Just a few terms I have listed so far include:

-- center down, emergent church, centering, contemplative prayer, soaking

-- grounding, divine center, quietism, meditation

-- Christ in you (used by Mystics and the cults!), communion with the Divine, Master

-- chanting, visions, dreams, revelation, meditation spiritual exercises

-- contemplation, inner search, unity

-- ancient wisdom, hidden mysteries, secret knowledge

-- breakthrough, deep, presence of God, positive thinking

-- energy, Christ-consciousness, healing, crystals, pyramids

-- guided imagery, holistic, unity, transformation

-- awakening, networking, rebirthing, yoga, trance

-- channeling, therapeutic touch, relaxation, visualization

-- bliss, harmony, God-consciousness, universal love

-- self-realization, the I AM, higher self

-- cosmic Christ, fall of man (not a Christian/Biblical definition)

-- God (unbiblical definition), Jesus (not the Jesus of the Bible)

-- avatar, Kabala, karma, Kundalini (very dangerous!!!)

-- covenant, breath prayers, signs and wonders, contact with ascended masters

-- soul travel, near death experiences, spirit guides

-- positive thinking, possibility thinking, words have power

-- speaking things into existence

-- imaging, visions from Mary, apparitions related to Mary

-- crying statues, slaying in the spirit

-- laughing, strange sounds (related to Kundalini)

With a little discernment, it's easy to see how the enemy can take what seems to be harmless,

and fool people into following after doctrines of demons, and suck people right into the trap ....

As is common with the cults, some terms are familiar with Christians, and seem to be ok, sound good, are enticing, attractive, seem harmless, but remember that these terms can be very deceiving, and lead you into something that is not as it seems ....

The enemy comes as an angel of light, deceiving many ....

May I copy this and keep it for myself? It is good to see them placed together! Love Steven

You would be surprised at just how many people on Christian forums actually do have a low regard for the Bible! Again, I wasn't referring to anyone on this thread, but rather other forums I've encountered ...

I understand.

I believe anyone who is truly grounded in the Word will recognize anything that is contrary to sound doctrine.

I come from a Native American background and I can't even begin to tell you some of the things I've seen. I have family members who are into satanism. One of them lives under the same roof as I do. He brings things into this house that are of a spiritual nature that affects everyone who lives here except me. He's tried to attack me spiritually, but he can't.

I'm not ignorant of the spiritual war that's taking place in the world. I ignore it or should I say I don't wrap my head around it. I know what's out there and what the devil is capable of.

As infinite The Way of The Father so the highest created angel has in arsenal to pervert.... this is why we may never stand in our own strength but to regard our need of Him (Lord) in all things...

This is the blossom of this truth-

Matt 18:3-5

3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

NKJV

If I a vessel with a voice to request- then I request to be filled only with that which will bring Him Glory and cast out all that will not.... Love Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Keep in mind Steve that words have more then one meaning. Some of what was posted we are instructed to do, God given or acts of an Apostle.

• meditation
    visions
    dreams
    revelation
    contemplation
    unity
    presence of God
    healing
    unit
    harmony
    covenant
    signs and wonders

All these are scriptural.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit of God living in our hearts as a guide and comforter. We should already know that we serve a jealous God who does not wish to be supplemented or replaced by any other god or spirit. A host of things these days violate the wishes and will of God, and we would know about such things if we prayed more and submitted ourselves more to the perfect Will of God.

Some things to avoid are more subtle, and others are outrageous. The examples would be numerous: astrology, palm reading, new age garbage of many types, the occult in many forms, magic in many forms, witchcraft in many forms, and generally the consulting or consorting with familiar spirits that are not God. One should easily be able to think of many things that God would not approve of, and I think that's the main purpose for this thread. Some things might seem more innocent, but they aren't if God doesn't approve of it. Shouldn't one of our primary goals in life be to Worship only God in Spirit and in Truth and pleasing Him? Some have a hard time connecting some of the new age stuff with evil, but the evil is there nonetheless if we think about it. I've heard all kinds of buzz-words over the years that are related to new age stuff that can be easily connected to Eastern religions and the occult, so there's nothing innocent about them (i.e. self-actualization, transcendental meditation, out of body experiences, etc.). You can probably find numerous books in the self-improvement area of your local book store that relate to new age garbage. Make things simple and ask yourself: is this God-centered, self-centered, or other-centered? If it isn't God-centered, you should probably say no and leave it alone. At least think about it and pray about it before involving yourself into something questionable that God might not approve of. As Christians, we have better things to do in this short life than to dabble or immerse ourselves into things that are not pleasing to God. We should also be concerned with our living testimony before our families and others. Just two cents worth.

Good words of advice! I've started a document on my own, listing various terms and phrases that are used within Mysticism, New Age, and related practices. While reviewing these terms, I can see clearly the deception that the enemy is using ....

Just a few terms I have listed so far include:

-- Christ in you (used by Mystics and the cults!), communion with the Divine, Master

With a little discernment, it's easy to see how the enemy can take what seems to be harmless,

and fool people into following after doctrines of demons, and suck people right into the trap ....

As is common with the cults, some terms are familiar with Christians, and seem to be ok, sound good, are enticing, attractive, seem harmless, but remember that these terms can be very deceiving, and lead you into something that is not as it seems ....

The enemy comes as an angel of light, deceiving many ....

May I copy this and keep it for myself? It is good to see them placed together! Love Steven

I'll speak for myself and say that you're most welcome to use any post I make in any way you wish.

Love In Christ,

Tom

Keep in mind Steve that words have more then one meaning. Some of what was posted we are instructed to do, God given or acts of an Apostle.

• meditation
    visions
    dreams
    revelation
    contemplation
    unity
    presence of God
    healing
    unit
    harmony
    covenant
    signs and wonders

All these are scriptural.

You are a good Brother you look after my Heart well!!! Thank you for that!!! Yes I know with all that is Good also the imitation of bad - so it will not be with our own minds discernment must come but with

the renewed mind formed by the Work of His Word and Spirit within!

You see I am not around these phrases so they will be markers for me to take notice to see if they are of God or not...

Thanks again for your Love for me.... your brother Steven