IGNORED

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

vja4Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I come from a Native American background and I can't even begin to tell you some of the things I've seen. I have family members who are into satanism. One of them lives under the same roof as I do. He brings things into this house that are of a spiritual nature that affects everyone who lives here except me. He's tried to attack me spiritually, but he can't.

My husband is native american. Ive lived on the reservation too. Like you, Ive seen amazing things up there. Darker forces are evident on the rez.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/09/1958

Fraught - precisely the reason I want to get my opinion out there.

We have of late been shown videos in the Journeys series - Journeys is a five week video series designed to introduce Christianity to people in the 21st Century, presented by Rob Harley, a professional television journalist. He presents a unique blend of stories about faith, told by regular people whose lives have been impacted by God. The videos feature powerful interviews about spiritual encounters, and show how faith works at

We have of late been shown videos in the Journeys series - Journeys is a five week video series designed to introduce Christianity to people in the 21st Century, presented by Rob Harley, a professional television journalist. He presents a unique blend of stories about faith, told by regular people whose lives have been impacted by God. The videos feature powerful interviews about spiritual encounters, and show how faith works at street level. Published in 2003. I feel really ill at ease about them.

Why?

We have of late been shown videos in the Journeys series - Journeys is a five week video series designed to introduce Christianity to people in the 21st Century, presented by Rob Harley, a professional television journalist. He presents a unique blend of stories about faith, told by regular people whose lives have been impacted by God. The videos feature powerful interviews about spiritual encounters, and show how faith works at ‘street level’. Published in 2003. I feel really ill at ease about them.

Why?

Did you not see my

I cannot get my head around/believe in 'near death experiences'. I have heard a lot of people have had them and nearly all have the same story. But there is one thing that feels wrong about them. The Journeys series seems to promote them.

Edited by ester1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

We have of late been shown videos in the Journeys series - Journeys is a five week video series designed to introduce Christianity to people in the 21st Century, presented by Rob Harley, a professional television journalist. He presents a unique blend of stories about faith, told by regular people whose lives have been impacted by God. The videos feature powerful interviews about spiritual encounters, and show how faith works at

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Many churches are under attack from the enemy, with counterfeit revivals, demonic manifestations, occult practices, Mysticism, New Age ...

How could so many church leaders be easily misled, and continue to add to the deception, leading many people, even Christians into the world of Mysticism ....

Has anyone had experience with Mysticism?

What exactly is wrong with Mysticism?

It's not any different than the pagan ideas that were first introduced to the followers of the saints that the Roman government killed. These followers of the dead saints were the first Roman Catholic Christians who were taught all kinds of pagan ideas compared to the truth they were listening to in the gospel their saints preached. Everything that came after these saints were killed is deception. Not one church that exists has the truth of God speaking through them.

Have you been to all existing churches? Do you know the mind of God?

How do you think I know these things? No Christian has ever known the truth of what happened to the true saints of God who were preaching the only gospel that exists.

You are evidencing the spirit of

GNOSTICISM

[NOS tuh siz em]

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't know if this applys but what about charismatic groups? Maybe it's just me but don't they sound a little, to borrow my best friend's term, squelchy. I mean the only thing I know about charismatic groups is what I learned from news coverage a few years ago and it seemed like the Catholic Church was unaffected, then I find out this year that my church has a charismatic group and they held a healing service at my church like a week or two ago. Again maybe it's just me but charismatic just seems wrong, to me it feels like they're going to compleatly break away from Faith Tradition which is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad (repeat until you have to take a breath then repeat that 3 times) thing.

Thoughts?

Peace out,

Beka

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know if this applys but what about charismatic groups? Maybe it's just me but don't they sound a little, to borrow my best friend's term, squelchy. I mean the only thing I know about charismatic groups is what I learned from news coverage a few years ago and it seemed like the Catholic Church was unaffected, then I find out this year that my church has a charismatic group and they held a healing service at my church like a week or two ago. Again maybe it's just me but charismatic just seems wrong, to me it feels like they're going to compleatly break away from Faith Tradition which is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad (repeat until you have to take a breath then repeat that 3 times) thing.

Thoughts?

Why do Charismatics seem wrong to you?

Are you Catholic? I know of some Charismatic Catholics. I was ministered to by one of them many years ago.

If by "Faith Tradition" you mean the tradition of the Catholic Church, would not that be all Protestants and interdenominationals and such, not just Charismatics?