IGNORED

Michael Reagan: Is Obama doing to the U.S.

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I haven't hit you over the head sister. I'm not attacking you either. Let's discuss the merits of what he is saying rather than take the thread off course with a rant about the individual with the opinion.

I posted one paragraph and wouldn't BE ranting if I had not been challenged because I'm not a Michael Reagan fan. :rolleyes:

I've asked you to discuss the merits of the opinion piece rather than attack the individual with the opinion, and yes, you are bearing false witness against the man by calling him a hack.

How do you know he's not a hack?

Do you know him? Have you contacted him and asked him why he's saying what he's saying or even offered him correction?

No to all three.

Why not just say that you strongly disagree with him?

Because I didn't choose to.

Instead you call him a hack because you don't like his opinion.

No....I call him a hack because he's a hack.

You've also stated that he's a wannabe and riding the coattails of his famous father.

That's correct.

I don't care if you disagree with me. I do care that we have a discussion that stays on topic and isn't derailed into an unedifying mess because we disagree with the content..wub.gif That happens all too often here and we are all the poorer for it.

Then why challenge and insult me when you didn't like what I wrote?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And, for the record, it isn't so much the message that I'm critical of here but Michael Reagan himself.

OK then - what is your opinion of what was spoken?

Like I said, I'm not criticizing the message; it's always the same message from him. I expressed my opinion of WHO he is. And isn't. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I haven't hit you over the head sister. I'm not attacking you either. Let's discuss the merits of what he is saying rather than take the thread off course with a rant about the individual with the opinion.

I posted one paragraph and wouldn't BE ranting if I had not been challenged because I'm not a Michael Reagan fan. :rolleyes:

I've asked you to discuss the merits of the opinion piece rather than attack the individual with the opinion, and yes, you are bearing false witness against the man by calling him a hack.

How do you know he's not a hack?

Do you know him? Have you contacted him and asked him why he's saying what he's saying or even offered him correction?

No to all three.

Why not just say that you strongly disagree with him?

Because I didn't choose to.

Instead you call him a hack because you don't like his opinion.

No....I call him a hack because he's a hack.

You've also stated that he's a wannabe and riding the coattails of his famous father.

That's correct.

I don't care if you disagree with me. I do care that we have a discussion that stays on topic and isn't derailed into an unedifying mess because we disagree with the content..wub.gif That happens all too often here and we are all the poorer for it.

Then why challenge and insult me when you didn't like what I wrote?

No one has insulted you.:thumbsup:

I own a small business. I have never made more money in my business, by decreasing the amount of money my business makes.

A government is a very large scale business. A Government will never make more revenue by decreasing the amount of revenue it receives.

You can fly in the face of math all you want, but math doesn't care, and math is a universal truth.

Actually, A Government is not a business and does not operate as one. Your statement shows a total misunderstanding of how a Business and how a Government operates. :blink:

A business exists and is intially capitalized with the goal of offering a service for a profit. Period! A Government is only

in existence to secure the Nation and to serve it's citizens.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction

is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

--Thomas Jefferson to Maryland Republicans, 1809.

Therefore, it is up to the Government to insure an environment that pertains towards the populaces general happiness and it has been proven over and over again that Captalism is that vehicle which best serves mankind in this respect. Progressive taxes return a progressively growing and oppressive Government.

The fact remains that no Nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.:thumbsup:

Rather, Jefferson said this;

"I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always

oppressive." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1787.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And, for the record, it isn't so much the message that I'm critical of here but Michael Reagan himself.

Like I said, I'm not criticizing the message; it's always the same message from him. I expressed my opinion of WHO he is. And isn't. :rolleyes:

So you just want to voice your opinion about your dislike for a man?

Is that righteous?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is just what the news media does to Sarah Palin. Ignore what she says and attack her.

This discussion has become a discussion on Michael Reagan and not what Obama's policies are doing to the economy.

Very slick.

So you just want to voice your opinion about your dislike for a man?

Is that righteous?

Yes, and it's my duty to point out those who are not good sources of credible information. And, just for the record one more time, I said I dislike his public persona since I don't know him personally.

This is just what the news media does to Sarah Palin. Ignore what she says and attack her.

This discussion has become a discussion on Michael Reagan and not what Obama's policies are doing to the economy.

Very slick.

What does this have to do with Sarah Palin? Or the media? I made one comment about Reagan and got all kinds of flack about it. Heaven forbid that anyone on this site fails to follow the Republican party line but.....I, for one, never will. Pretty good attempt at being subtly snarky though, neb. :whistling:

You still haven't addressed the content or substance of his remarks.:thumbsup:

You still haven't addressed the content or substance of his remarks.:thumbsup:

Well, if you just insist, I will read his article and address the content. As soon as I can take lunch.

Okay, I finally got a chance to read the article. I'm going to agree that Ronald Reagan caused the fall of the Soviet Union to a large degree. He reasoned that the Soviets would try to keep up with U.S. military expenditures AND Reagan knew they couldn't without bankrupting themselves. There were other forces at work as well; too large of an area to govern and too few resources, for instance. Massive government corruption also took it's toll.

The article was okay but it's classic Michael Reagan ('Is it possible'? 'Could it be'? These are his stand bys.) The man is not an economic expert and is not one I would depend on for unbiased analysis. As for being a wanna-be, he mentions 'my father' in the title and then goes on to emphasize that point several more times. He's a pundit, like a long list of others, and he's just not that impressive. If there are those that find him relevant, great. I can only look at those people in wonder and ask 'why'? :noidea:

Edited by MorningGlory