• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

Nowadays, people in the world are speaking pole shift, solar storms, changes of the earth's magnetic field, increasing of earthquakes and volcanic activities. The mankind has been awoken to observe and understand that something is happening on the earth, the sun and the space. The Bible (the Word of God) tells the things and phenomenons of the end time that shake the world, which are large and disastrous earthquakes, solar storms and earth's pole shift.

You can read the whole article in here:

http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/occurrencesoftheendtime.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Solar storms happen consistently in several year cycles. This is not new.

Pole shifts have occurred in times past too. Nothing new.

Earthquakes, while the ones in japan and new zealand have caught our attention, statistically there are not any greater or any more than have occurred in times past. Since the population is greater, and our news is instant, the effects are more dramatic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I could be wrong but I think major earthquakes have increased in number over the past 100 years. We have scripture speaking of famine, disease, earthquakes and wars; as being the beginning of the End of the Age. So we will see. I am not sure about solar flares and earth axis changes though from scripture? Does anyone have any scripture on those?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/29/1965

Joshua 10:13-14 mentions something which may pertain to a pole shift or a reversal of the poles...

"And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. [is] not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day."

"And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel."

Not specifically mentioned as a pole shift...

I'm not sure if this is a pole shift or pole reversal...and I hesitate to find "natural" phenomena that would cloud God's fighting for Israel...

My son and I have often talked about the Bible and he asks some very interesting questions that as a parent I feel obliged to answer...

"How did God do that?"

"Why did God do that?"

In the end if God wants to use natural phenomena to work or he chooses to step in with a more "supra-natural" intervention that's His prerogative...

Kev

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/29/1965

Another interesting passage from 2 Kings 20 1-11

Hezekiah had asked Isaiah, "What will be the sign that the LORD will heal me and that I will go up to the temple of the LORD on the third day from now?"

9 Isaiah answered, "This is the LORD's sign to you that the LORD will do what he has promised: Shall the shadow go forward ten steps, or shall it go back ten steps?"

10 "It is a simple matter for the shadow to go forward ten steps," said Hezekiah. "Rather, have it go back ten steps."

11 Then the prophet Isaiah called upon the LORD, and the LORD made the shadow go back the ten steps it had gone down on the stairway of Ahaz.

So here we are told that the shadows reversed themselves by about 10 steps...not sure how many degrees the sun would need to shift in the sky to actually move your shadow back 10 steps, but this would seem to indicate that there may have been a pole shift or reversal...

I am inclined to think these passages (if given a "natural" explanation ) refer to a pole shift since I see no indication in the texts that the sun started rising in a different part of the sky or that there were other cataclysms associated with the strange sun phenomena.

Kev

Edited by kevkeegsdad

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Earthquakes, while the ones in japan and new zealand have caught our attention, statistically there are not any greater or any more than have occurred in times past. Since the population is greater, and our news is instant, the effects are more dramatic.

After the earthquake near Japan in March this year I went to the US gov earthquake site to collect some data and put together a graph showing the frequency of earthquakes that were over the magnitude of 6.0 per year. You can validate this data at http://earthquake.usgs.gov

The data for 2010 had not been archived at the time I captured this.

As you can see the frequency is dramatically increasing.

image001.gif