Babbler

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Try going through Ben Gurion, Dov, or Elat airport. Let me know who searches you. It won't be the U.N.

That, in your mind, supports your position?

but the subject of Yeshua's statement is Jerusalem, not the Promised Land.

That’s a false dichotomy, since His statement had many implications.

Right....but whose military defends and controls it?

THAT is who owns it.

In your oversimplified perception, which is a far cry from the facts stated by Yeshua.

This is a bait-and-switch fallacy. You’re changing out ownership (in part) with being trodden. By your definition, in your opinion they own the land (a tiny fraction of it anyways), and in your opinion and by your definition is the equation between 1. your opinion and definition of ownership of (part of) Israel, and 2. not being trodden by the gentiles in your opinion and by your definition.

Do you really not see the difference between what is your interpretation and the objective facts about what Yeshua said, and thereby what He might have meant?

You find out who controls it when the muslims start throwing rocks down. They are allowed to be there because Israel allows them. No other reason.

Right. Israel likes being pelted with rock... and explosives from surrounding countries.

They, those who are throwing the rocks, are there because no surrounding countries will admit them, to maintain pressure on Israel.

Jerusalem is no longer "trodden" underfoot of the gentiles for the first time since Yeshua made that statement,

No, that's patently false, since the statement was a future prophesy.

therefore the verse has been fulfilled and the TIMES of the Gentiles have ended. (If we can believe Jesus knows what "trodden" means)

What Jesus knows isn't in question.

I'm done here Yod. You're being unreasonable.

You're equating what you think and what Jesus knows is dangerous. You really should learn to differentiate between your interpretation of the Word and the Word itself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

You

Try going through Ben Gurion, Dov, or Elat airport. Let me know who searches you. It won't be the U.N.

That, in your mind, supports your position?

but the subject of Yeshua's statement is Jerusalem, not the Promised Land.

That

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Yod, Mizz,

We are talking about a religious leader among the Jews. One who clearly has something to do with the rebuilt temple and re-instituted levitical sacrifices.

And as I said, no goy would approach the qodesh qodeshiym... and the Jews think all is well or enforce shabbat laws.

There will be a rebuilt temple at some point thats what Ezekiel suggests to us yet I do not see the need for a complete rebuilt temple at all until after the Messiah returns. Sacrifices do not need a rebuilt temple just an altar and perhaps the ashes of the red heifer. The religious leaders do not control the nation of Israel despite what some might believe, I agree theres some rabbis that have great influence within the govt. yet I am thinking that as far as policies, direction of the nation, its the political leaders who will do as they think is in Israel's best interests.

I'm not even certain that theres going to be any literal sacrifices until He returns again, we will have to wait and see how that all plays out. Holy high priest? hmm not sure what to make of your remarks really, there is no priesthood, Levitical or otherwise although I am more than aware of the works to get garments and temple instruments ready for when it ever happens. I don't put a ton of stock in a completely rebuilt or even partially rebuilt temple before Yeshua returns, theres no reason not to think that construction may start on it but I do not think theres a need for a temple for the ac to stand on the temple mound and proclaim himself to be a god.

shabbat shalom,

Mizz

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Luke 21:24 (KJV)

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Quotation of Jesus words from approximately mid April 29AD: a few days before the cross. Who were the

Luke 21:24 (KJV)

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Quotation of Jesus words from approximately mid April 29AD: a few days before the cross. Who were the “gentiles”?

So the Jews lived in the city of Jerusalem from the time of David in 1000BC until seventy AD when the city was totally destroyed. This was the times of the gentiles.

right....we were talking about when that "times" ends.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

No gentile was included in this covenant,

A patently false statement.:thumbsup:

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The "times of the gentiles" is an interesting phrase and has been used throughout the past century to explain what has been happening in Israel. Most people do not realize that a huge influence on Lord Balfour (the author of the Balfour Declaration) was H. Gratten Guiness and his book called "Light for the Last Days" (I found a copy of it online -- Light for the Last Days) called for the times of the gentiles to be fulfilled in 1917 -- the year the Balfour Declaration was presented.

Oftentimes, there's several correct interpretations of the same passage when analyzing them from different viewpoints! I believe the Word is deeper than we can ever imagine -- and I believe in the topic of prophecy we'll see manifold interpretations of the same passage of Scripture -- that will be correct.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.--Lk 21, 25

This statement indicates the Gentiles times will come to an end.

No, that is not what it indicates. It refers to the oppression that the Gentiles will heap on Israel and the fulffillment of it. It refers to the end of the Gentile possession and rulership of Jerusalem. That happened on June 7, 1967 when Jerusalem was finally in Jewish hands for the first time in almost 2,000 years.

But is Israel now called Jezreel.

Hosea 1:11

"Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel"